Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Beware of tireshops!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down Beware of tireshops!!!!!!!

ok so i got my nitto tires put on to my painted (perfectly painted) stock rims at american tire company and they completely ruined my rims, they used there stupid 40 year old tire machine and scrapped the crap out of the paint and removed it all over the place. now any good person would have called me on the first damn wheel and if they noticed that the paint was coming off from there machine then they should have called me and told me and i would have said dont do the rest so i only have to fix one. also the guy was trying to pull it off saying that the rims were like that already. so am i going crazy? bec i complained and wanted them fixed, but what i think im gunna do is get a set a wheels instead and ask them to take some money off to make up for some of my troubles. tell me what ya think. i mean how do they mess up the paint by the valve stems? unless they did it not caring at all.

Name:  IMG_0504.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  105.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0505.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  121.1 KB
Name:  IMG_0506.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  114.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0508.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  128.6 KB
Name:  IMG_0510.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  176.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0509.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  101.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0514.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  88.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0507.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  138.5 KB
Name:  IMG_0511.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  107.9 KB

and these are the wheels im guna try to get in return. they are a-tech final speed favor-ix's, they say mb wheels but they just swap out the center caps with there wheel brand, kinda dumb but whatever.

Last edited by xonexlifex; 11-24-2009 at 02:43 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
that really sucks, that was one of my concerns when i painted my wheels. The people that work at those places, at least from what I've experienced, don't give a crap. The one thing i do have going for me is that i work at a dealership where i can change over my tires myself whenever i need to. I say make a big deal and get what you can out of them. nothing will happen unless you do something about it.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by score04w
that really sucks, that was one of my concerns when i painted my wheels. The people that work at those places, at least from what I've experienced, don't give a crap. The one thing i do have going for me is that i work at a dealership where i can change over my tires myself whenever i need to. I say make a big deal and get what you can out of them. nothing will happen unless you do something about it.
Yep and thats exactly wat i did. They ended up getting those set of rims at the bottom for 199.26 out the door for the whole set. Ill touch up wat i can of the stockers and sell them for 200-400 bux. Ill make my money back and have a nice set of rims. Im having my uncle put em on with the tires i just got bec he works at a honda dealership also. So everything ended up being better then before

Old 11-30-2009, 05:57 AM
Lek
I always thought that the yellow dot on a new tire should be next to the valve stem.

I would ask them to re-paint them.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
They really did a job on those painted rims. I am glad you got the new rims. When I was thinking of getting white rims I had a time calling around to see if they would do the install - only one location told me that they would be able to do the install and would guarantee that it would not have any scratches. Good to know that you got it all worked out.

Cat :x

Old 12-02-2009, 03:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lek
I always thought that the yellow dot on a new tire should be next to the valve stem.

I would ask them to re-paint them.
ya i couldnt believe that they thought it was ok to do what they did to them bec if i started to screw up anything of someone elses id ask for permission after the first rim from the owner (me) if its ok to screw up the rest of your rims. but everything ended up being ok, like i said, i got a new set and im more than happy with them!

Originally Posted by Cat
They really did a job on those painted rims. I am glad you got the new rims. When I was thinking of getting white rims I had a time calling around to see if they would do the install - only one location told me that they would be able to do the install and would guarantee that it would not have any scratches. Good to know that you got it all worked out.

Cat :x

yep im kinda glad they scratched them bec i can sell them and make my money back for the rims i just got!

Name:  IMG_0154.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  158.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0153.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  179.1 KB

Old 12-02-2009, 06:16 AM
Lek
I must admit you did get a beautiful set of Mags and you're happy, but is that how they do business. Screw up the customers mags then discount for another set.

One thing I have noticed with wheel shops is that they always take care fitting new mags and tires, but don't give a Sh ....t fitting old ones.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:35 AM
Well they did take care of you after a mistake which IS good business.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lek
I must admit you did get a beautiful set of Mags and you're happy, but is that how they do business. Screw up the customers mags then discount for another set.

One thing I have noticed with wheel shops is that they always take care fitting new mags and tires, but don't give a Sh ....t fitting old ones.
yep which is really stupid, bec the only reason why they do that is so you have to buy some aftermarket ones. good idea for them but crappy for us.

Originally Posted by User Name
Well they did take care of you after a mistake which IS good business.
ya they better have taken care of me or i would of started making a scene and showed all there customers what they did to my wheels so they wont get theres done there, but they fied the problem and gave me a great deal so im happy with that

Old 12-07-2009, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
finally got them on!

Name:  IMG_0550.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  125.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0551.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  122.6 KB
Name:  IMG_0552.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  114.8 KB

check out the whole thread here

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post784126

Old 12-07-2009, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator
If they did that to something like my Volks I would flip the fuck out. The new set of wheels look nice, just dont take them back to that place.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
If they did that to something like my Volks I would flip the fuck out. The new set of wheels look nice, just dont take them back to that place.
hhahahahahahahaha illllllll never take it to a tire shop again, my uncle has the newest and best machine at the honda dealership and it doesnt touch the rims at all so if i need new tires all im guna do is take them to him and he can do them for free.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
they are know as "Tork Dorks" in the industry. You dont know how many people would call us (rim mfr where i worked) complaining and needing to buy a new wheel after they touched their wheels.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Tork Dorks, is that because the torque every wheel?

Old 12-09-2009, 12:36 PM
thanks for the heads up!

Old 12-16-2009, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
they are know as "Tork Dorks" in the industry. You dont know how many people would call us (rim mfr where i worked) complaining and needing to buy a new wheel after they touched their wheels.
ya tork dorks is right they dont know crap about putting wheels on. Dont really know y they say they do it for a living when they screw up mpre then they fix.

no i think its bec all they care about is getting the wheels on and off and not caring about screwing them up as long as they get them back on the car.

Originally Posted by evamph21
thanks for the heads up!
ya no problem. It sux it happened to me but i got new wheels so it worked out well

Old 12-28-2009, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Some shops just mickey mouse around. I use to go to a shop that gave me a hook up, but later on found out that they're balance machine is not working properly and the guy doing it was a dumbie. Any time I went over 70mph I would get steering wheel shake. I brought it to my other friend who balanced it out and fixed it. Another buddy of mine said his wheel weight flew off while driving on the freeway from the same place. I don't go there any more. Its far and few to find good shops unless you want to pay big bucks at those big boy shops that charge an arm and a leg.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
actually no. they are known as tork dorks because they didn't have a clue what proper torquing was, they'd hit all the lugs with an impact and call it good. most of the time, the impact resulted in shearing studs

Old 01-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Acutally said company uses a PRE-torque stick when using the impact. This pre torques to 60ft lbs and then get hand torqued to manufacturers specs.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Acutally said company uses a PRE-torque stick when using the impact. This pre torques to 60ft lbs and then get hand torqued to manufacturers specs.
now they do. do you think the nick name they were given had anything to do with it? i'd be willing to bet on it

Quick Reply: Beware of tireshops!!!!!!!