Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Wheel Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
Wheel Options

Ok. I have been doing some research on which wheels to get for my Milano Red GE 09 Fit.

I see some I like that are about $100 to $150 per wheel..

And I see some that are $1000 per wheel.

What is the sweet spot between high end, and Cheap wheels? I dont want to spend extra for appearance, but I dont want to spend too little and get junk.

I am loving the Mugen XJ's. I am looking for 16 inch. I really dont know about the Offset, cause I dont really know much about wheels..

I hear +45 is good. +40 might rub...

What is a good offset to get with no risk of rubbing?

My Fit is stock right now, but I would like to maybe get some new springs that dont lower it too much.. I would want about 1".. Maybe .8" drop.

So, the wheels I get have to fit good on either stock springs or dropped a little.

I would really appreciate your opinions, what you ride on, etc..

Thanks!
Dan

Last edited by Rigaman; 08-26-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone have a suggestion on what wheels to get?

Old 08-26-2009, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
Most springs for the GE don't really offer outlandish drop levels. Even the Tanabe DF210s don't get to a 2" drop - they stop at 1.8".

The Mugen XJ should be great. That's basically almost purpose-built for the GE in 4x100 guise.

Yep +45 is still the magic number if you wanna avoid rubbing. People have run +43 offset with 17" wheels though and come out scot-free.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
I know nothing about wheels or lowering... can someone explain offset and ( when you say 4X100) guise

Old 08-27-2009, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
offset is in the simplest terms, how the wheel sits basically. the smaller the number, the more it sticks out and gives you that wide stanced look.

4x100 is the bolt battern. all fits are 4x100 as are most older civics.

the mugen xj is a REALLY nice wheel, and like type said, its bascially been made for your car. the offset on it i believe is the same offset as your regular stock wheels...which means they wont stick out any further and def. wont rub.

mugen makes a VERY nice product, superior to O.E.M. stuff in most cases.

but, that quality and sought-after aura that surrounds mugen is also going to fetch you a very high price tag.

honestly, as far as wheels that I personally like go, i can think of any that exceed 1000$ PER WHEEL than maybe a few 18 or 19 inch bbs models.

the mugens are considered expensive at over 300 a wheel, but for mugen wheels thats not AWFUL especially considering is a brand new design.

anything by mugen, bbs,ssr, enkei,rays, volks, wedssport, work, yokohama advan or oem (original manufacturers equipment) will be very high quality, but it can be pricey sometimes.

some companies such as konig and rota make replicas of the more popular designs of these wheels, and they are rather cheap, but decent in quality.

these two companies have been around longer than some of the other knock off brands, so you could score a nice set of em for cheap.

Konig, Rota Dealer: Buy Low Priced Suspension, Interior, Exterior, Exhaust, Intake Auto Parts: JLB Motorsports, Corona

this is a good website to get them from, very cheap, brand new.

brands like ssr, 5zigen, rays and enkei have nicer models that are not super high end, but still are name brand quality products that you can get for cheap if getting a replica wheel is not your thing.

hope this helps!

(and dont go bigger than 17's. )

OH!

to the O.P.: if you want lowering springs that increase the performance of your car, but can be more readily used with stock shocks, and dont lower to much...look into swift springs.

you can get them at

www.kingmotorsports.com

Old 08-27-2009, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by baylorbro
I know nothing about wheels or lowering... can someone explain offset and ( when you say 4X100) guise
There's a version of the Mugen XJ wheel that has a 5x114 bolt pattern (that's 5 lugs with a pitch circle diameter or "PCD" of 114mm). It was a 19" wheel used on the Mugen Accord 24SC concept from the 2009 Tokyo Auto Salon I think. I'm not sure if Mugen sells this particular wheel though - maybe it was just a one-off item for that car show.

I know the XJs Mugen sells are 16x6.5 4x100, +55 offset - these are, like I said, almost purpose-built for GE Fits. You can't fit a 5-lug wheel on a Fit because the Fit only has 4 lugs with a PCD of 100mm, hence "4x100."
===

Eldaino mentioned a few pricey brands. If you don't have brand snobbery, Rota and Konig make good-quality replicas. I've had Rota Circuit 10s and they're holding up to my abuse quite well.

Also consider the construction technique used for the wheel: cast vs. forged. Forged wheels are stronger and lighter but are accordingly more expensive. Cast wheels are cheaper, and there are indeed lightweight cast wheels as well such as RAYS' Gram Lights and Work's Emotion lineup.

Last edited by Type 100; 08-27-2009 at 10:00 PM.