Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Painted Stock Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012 | 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by heyitsryan
Damn that looks great! I have some 2011 Honda fit wheels on my GD3. It's blaze orange metallic, any recommendations on colors to have it powder coated?
I think teal like mine or white would pop on your Orange Fit. Play around in Photoshop or GIMP a little to try different colors. That's what I did when I was deciding, and they came out pretty closely to what I mocked up.

Old 02-19-2012 | 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Lek
Looks good. Just needs a set of black lug nuts.
I actually wanted an white 08 sportie too. but they didnt offer it, I've driven pretty much white cars. Your tw Fit looks great, and the rims just set it off.

Old 02-27-2012 | 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by CAFit
my old rims..

Is it possible to get this finnish with 4 coats of spray cans from autozone or napa. With a couple of coats of clear? Anybody?

So far I got 2 people saying use a spray can, 1 powder coating - havent found anyone yet that does powder coating. I live in cleveland, Ohio

Last edited by jdhondafit; 03-04-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old 03-13-2012 | 01:08 PM
Oh Well

I sanded them up,vac and tacked them, and sprayed them with a can. Alittle darker then I wanted them, but me like um. As the saying goes let the chipping begin. But I need two tires 2 replace the 2 bald ones. Suggestions?

Old 04-07-2012 | 04:42 PM
Smile Spring Break Shop Week

Put on JDM Tails, Window Visors, and plasti-dipped my rims flat black. I did each installation a different day, but three days in a row. I love the finished product, and have lots more modding to come Here are some pics, sorry if they are huge.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-12-2012 | 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by FITdrummer13
Put on JDM Tails, Window Visors, and plasti-dipped my rims flat black. I did each installation a different day, but three days in a row. I love the finished product, and have lots more modding to come Here are some pics, sorry if they are huge.

[IMG][/IMG]
Glad you just posted that, I want to plasti dip mine in black, but was looking for someone else to try it first . Where do you all get this Plasti Dip stuff from?

Also, could you take some close up pics of the plasti dipped wheels for those of you all who used that stuff. I'd like to see a clearer picture.

Last edited by Bodhi1; 04-12-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-12-2012 | 11:55 PM
Those are definitely pretty sweet looking and for a cheap price. I'll definitely be giving that a shot within the next week or two. Very busy during the week and such so it will have to be on a weekend. I'll upload pics when it's done. I have the 09 orange car so I'm curious to see how the black wheels will look with the black tinted windows and such.

Old 04-13-2012 | 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Bodhi1
Glad you just posted that, I want to plasti dip mine in black, but was looking for someone else to try it first . Where do you all get this Plasti Dip stuff from?

Also, could you take some close up pics of the plasti dipped wheels for those of you all who used that stuff. I'd like to see a clearer picture.

Hey man thanks for the response! Yeah I felt the same way as you and decided to go for it This was about 4-5 uneven, unprofessional, coats of plasti dip :P (A little secret to drying quicker that shortened the painting job is that my brother and I used a hair dryer to speed up the process :P) I bought 4 cans from Home Depot at about $5.68 a piece and ended up only using 2 cans for the whole car. You can buy plasti dip at ACE hardware, Home depot, and Lowes, those are just some names I heard floating around. Check online or call to make sure Here are some more pics I took today :

The sun is hitting the wheels here
The next two pics resemble the true color of the wheels, no sun hitting them, no color modifications to the pictures besides the vignette:

When you finish make sure to upload some pics and let me know how it went!

Old 04-28-2012 | 04:05 PM
How do you get the center caps off of your wheels to paint the wheel without painting the center cap?

Old 04-28-2012 | 05:26 PM
How do you get the center caps off of your wheels to paint the wheel without painting the center cap?

Well, if you aren't taking your wheels off, there's no way to take out the center cap, however, if you take gour wheels of, just push the center cap out from the side opposite the "H" logo. Once the paint dries push the center cap back in from the H logo. Push on the H logo to get it back in. Might need a forceful push. GL and make sure to upload pics!

Old 04-29-2012 | 01:21 PM
I still have not quite figured out how to upload pics. The only thing I see says to Paste the URL. I cant figure out how to upload straight from my computer....Anyone know how?

Last edited by Bodhi1; 04-29-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-29-2012 | 02:39 PM
I still have not quite figured out how to upload pics. The only thing I see says to Paste the URL. I cant figure out how to upload straight from my computer....Anyone know how?

Upload pics to Flickr, click the picture, select "Copy Image URL" and post that here instead

Old 04-29-2012 | 08:19 PM
If these photos are huge, I apologize. This is my first time getting the photo upload to work. Either Way, Here are my wheels done with black PlastiDip Before and After pics.

Before

AFTER

Another view: Showing the black door trim with stock wheels vs. Black wheels.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Closer Look:

Old 05-13-2012 | 04:46 PM
If these photos are huge, I apologize. This is my first time getting the photo upload to work. Either Way, Here are my wheels done with black PlastiDip Before and After pics.

Before

AFTER

Another view: Showing the black door trim with stock wheels vs. Black wheels.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Closer Look:
Can you post some instructions on how you did it with the PlastiDip? Also, how much did you buy to cover all 4 wheels? I would love to do this to the wheels on my BOM GD3

Old 08-28-2012 | 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Socialvegetable
I got my stock wheels painted for winter use. A friend of a friend did them for $150, including sandblasting, primer, paint, clear, and baking. I still want to get some white Honda emblems for the center caps.

damn dude i am in love........ do you still have these? wanna trade.... i would so get them

Old 08-28-2012 | 02:48 PM
I got my stock wheels painted for winter use. A friend of a friend did them for $150, including sandblasting, primer, paint, clear, and baking. I still want to get some white Honda emblems for the center caps.

Off topic but, what spoiler is that? Is it a stock sport one just black or something else?

Old 08-28-2012 | 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by x4x5x1x
Off topic but, what spoiler is that? Is it a stock sport one just black or something else?
JDP CF rear wing, the original one. OEM style, but slightly larger proportions, and upswept a little bit.

Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
damn dude i am in love........ do you still have these? wanna trade.... i would so get them
Thanks, man. I really have no desire to get rid of them, though. I like the look, and those snow tires are still new. I hope to make them last a few years.

Old 08-29-2012 | 06:35 AM
5 Year Member
JDP CF rear wing, the original one. OEM style, but slightly larger proportions, and upswept a little bit.

Thanks, man. I really have no desire to get rid of them, though. I like the look, and those snow tires are still new. I hope to make them last a few years.
Well I figured I asked lol, I wouldn't want ur snow tires anyway cause I'm in Florida lol but damn I'm in love! Just might have to get them done one day

Old 08-30-2012 | 12:49 AM
WOW!! Amazing the shimmering one looks hot.. very hot.. I will try it in my own car and will combine other shades too.. got nice inspiration..

Old 09-20-2012 | 02:33 AM
I love red wheels on my red fit. and I got it custom painted for free... fortunately...

Quick Reply: Painted Stock Wheels