Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Ball, Conical/acorn, wide enough socket???

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Ball, Conical/acorn, wide enough socket???

Before I brave the cold to try and find out, anyone know the lugnut style for the '09 Sport 16" OEM wheels? I'm going to try and fit some non-OEM wheel locks and need to know Thanks!

Old 02-19-2009, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by minnemike
Before I brave the cold to try and find out, anyone know the lugnut style for the '09 Sport 16" OEM wheels? I'm going to try and fit some non-OEM wheel locks and need to know Thanks!

Are you talking about the seat or the style of the nut itself?
Mine are those 6 sided nuts and the seat is standard Honda spherical.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by mahout
Are you talking about the seat or the style of the nut itself?
Mine are those 6 sided nuts and the seat is standard Honda spherical.
Mostly the seat format. Then I have to worry if there is enough room around it for the wheel lock socket to fit. So you are saying it should be a ball seat then. That is good to hear. I can give the wheel locks I have a try on there. They are Honda style and should work then.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
Mostly the seat format. Then I have to worry if there is enough room around it for the wheel lock socket to fit. So you are saying it should be a ball seat then. That is good to hear. I can give the wheel locks I have a try on there. They are Honda style and should work then.

Aftermarket wheels seldom have the Honda spherical seats. Make sure your 'locking lugnut' provider knows you are using on a stock wheel and yr & model if you are. Otherwise whose wheel?.
As for room around the hex nut there's room around Honda wheels but often aftermarket wheels have the 'standard' conical seat. That means the wheel provider should supply the nuts too.
Some (many) aftermarket wheels have to have whats called 'tuner' nuts, that is the hex is has to be much smaller than a standard socket. in that case they are often special adapters that fit on splines inside or outside the 'nut'. If thats your wheel make sure to get the adapter, too. Make sure any installer knows you have the adapter.
Discounttiredirect and Tirerack both are good at taking care of that issue.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member

refer to my later post 12:17 pm today on that.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:18 PM
That's the main problem... I can't find anyone that has the spec listed for the '09 Fit on their websites yet. I'm basically doing all this "providerless" and buying online. But yeah, sounds like I should be fine with the spherical seat and the standard Honda style for the Gorilla locks I have here. I'll try 'er out! Thanks for the help.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:36 PM
If you have Gorilla locks for Honda/Acura then they will work on OE wheels. If you have Gorilla locks in generic 12x1.50 acorn seat then they will not work on OE and vice versa.