Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Maybe a New Wheel For The Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Maybe a New Wheel For The Fit

Hey Guys Im a service writer in a shop. Well I had a guy come in looking for wheels the other day and he wanted somethign inexpensive, so I started looking at our stocking wheels and came across the Maxxim Ahead.

They are available in 15-17s, and they are cheap <$100. I think they are a decent looking wheel.

Ive installed a few sets and they seem to be of pretty good quality, especially for the price.

I dont have any backspacing info, but Ill check fitments today at work and see if they are available for the Fit.

Just wondering if anyone runs them.

Im not going to mention where I work or the exact prices since we arent a sponsor, and I dont want to take naything away from tire rack cause I do bussiness with them and they are some great guys, and always help me out.

Oh and I noticed an error in one of the stickies. It says that a wider tirer creates a bigger contact patch, this is not the case, cause contact patch arear comes from vehicle weight and tire pressure, a wider tire, creates a wider but shorter contact patch.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Not a bad looking wheel.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Opti
Hey Guys Im a service writer in a shop. Well I had a guy come in looking for wheels the other day and he wanted somethign inexpensive, so I started looking at our stocking wheels and came across the Maxxim Ahead.

They are available in 15-17s, and they are cheap <$100. I think they are a decent looking wheel.

Ive installed a few sets and they seem to be of pretty good quality, especially for the price.

I dont have any backspacing info, but Ill check fitments today at work and see if they are available for the Fit.

Just wondering if anyone runs them.

Im not going to mention where I work or the exact prices since we arent a sponsor, and I dont want to take naything away from tire rack cause I do bussiness with them and they are some great guys, and always help me out.

Oh and I noticed an error in one of the stickies. It says that a wider tirer creates a bigger contact patch, this is not the case, cause contact patch arear comes from vehicle weight and tire pressure, a wider tire, creates a wider but shorter contact patch.

Try DiscountTireDirect for inexpensive wheels and tires; they also mount, balance, and ship sets of tires/wheels for free.

As for the contact patch you are correct but the advantage of wider contact patch is improved cornering. The more resistance to slippage is generated by a long patch than a narrow one. Its because the patch is flexible; doesn't work for a steel plate.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
Only downside to Discount Tire that I see now is with TPMS, they really cant mount and balance at least for 08+ Fits since you will need to have the sensors swapped over locally.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
Only downside to Discount Tire that I see now is with TPMS, they really cant mount and balance at least for 08+ Fits since you will need to have the sensors swapped over locally.
For those of us who check tire pressures at least weekly the loss of TPMS is insignificant. The light covers nicely with black electrical tape or ignored.
If the TPMS loss is worrisome then you can purchase the sensors from tire suppliers like Discount tire also. Or have the tires and wheels shipped separately and mount them with the sensors you have. Be VERY careful removing them as its very easy to break them when removing.