Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Where to get rotas? - why not to get rotas posts

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:08 PM
and please don't tell me you're the Subydude guy on nasioc....

lol!!!

Old 11-09-2008, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeeper_x
i wanna see the crack volk...

please show me one...

the one that crack off from the wheel hub like this.....

i can't drive 60 - 80 on the freeway ? hmm ?

and when is rota gonna design their own wheels?

heck, their best sellers are the spoon knockoffs....

PLEASE SHOW ME THE PICTURE TO SHUT ME THE **** UP!

and what the **** is the different between quality parts under the hood and the good quality wheels?

Why the friggin' STIs come with BBS and not Rotas?

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME!

IF YOU CAN'T THEN SHUT THE **** UP!
Pretty Scary---sure wouldn't want that to happen while

Old 11-11-2008, 12:15 PM
step up and see the amazing ROTAS!

BEFORE a few a laps around the ring....

AFTER a few laps around the ring.....

Old 11-11-2008, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
^ What the holy flex!

Old 11-11-2008, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
how many suby guys honestly rock rota's???? seriously

you have so many better choices than rota's.
its all about searching. id rather roll on OEM's

Old 11-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Where do you find Rotas?

The nearest sheister, parts peddler, E Bay jokey, "intake shop", swap meet, flea market,
body kit-Christmas light- fart-pipe dealer, auto parts store etc. I'm sure you have seen them, they contribute to the tarnished image of the Acura Integra.

This is why you don't buy these products or support these types of "vendors".

Last edited by Nabisco; 11-11-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
jeeper x:

why have YOU not addressed any of my arguments in my original post? too much for ya?

in all honesty, i think that jdm wheel makers, like buddy club and 5zigen, are a great choice for someone not wantin to spend that kind of cash.

but my issue with people like you is this: how many people do you know who rock rota slips act like they are the real deal?

if i did, i wouldn't, and i think that most folks buying them buy them for the looks, not because they think its the real thing and they try to pass if off as such.

and why would you knock someone for wanting something cheap with the way the economy is? surely some people have different opinions on what to spend 3k on...and i don't blame them for choosing something other than a name brand wheel. and neither should you. its rather pompous and makes you look like a jerk,...but then again, you only need to post a few words for that impression to made.

why do sti's come with bbs'? because they are awesome? why do you need that explained to you?

but just because they are bbs doesn't mean that the style is to everyones taste. (this coming from a diehard bbs lover.)

just google it and you'll find plenty.

my point for bringin that up? : if someone driving a serious 30k performance machine can get buy rocking rotas, do guys who drive honda fits really need to complain or talk crap? the answer is no, wether you like it or not.

just so you know, i'm not denying or arguing that nice wheel companies (volk,gramlights,ssr,work,bbs,enkei) are not superior or nicer wheels. they are. are they always worth the cost? no. they aren't. you may hate it, and that fact may piss you off, but thats a personal problem, not mine.

you can search google for the pic of cracked quality wheels if you'd like. you may not get such a dramatic presentation as the rotas you posted (which are widely circulated on the net mind you, though i'm sure it matters not to someone such as yourself.)

you can even search this site and find it. or is the ability to do that 'beyond' you as well?

and the difference between rocking quality underhood parts and knock off wheels is this: most knock off wheels, specifically rotas, will be fine in normal driving conditions. will they bend or break under pot holes? maybe. but that can be said of oem wheels too, and again i'll ask, does that make oem wheels unsafe and lame?

obviously the people in the pictures you posted track their cars, and if they push their car that hard, then maybe they should have higher quality wheels.

but don't for a second try and push that ish like if it happened in a normal driving situation. you may beleive everything on the internet, but i don't.

if it makes you feel better, you can asterisk me all you want, the only point you are getting across is that your vocabulary leaves much to be desired.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
jeeper x:

but my issue with people like you is this: how many people do you know who rock rota slips act like they are the real deal?

a lot of people

Old 11-11-2008, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm
a lot of people

i've never met one personally, but i agree that is lame.

but its lamer to asume that everyone will do that. because most wont.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:33 PM
I don't support the selling of merchandise that is deceptive and
has no quality standards neither should anyone else.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Originally Posted by Nabisco
I don't support the selling of merchandise that is deceptive and
has no quality standards neither should anyone else.
Rotas aren't advertised as a racing wheel meant to do 5 laps around the ring. If anybody is buying them for that reason then that is pretty foolish. Although rota's do just fine for daily driving. Some people don't want to spend 3000 dollars on forged wheels if they're not going to be using it to its potential. People have been on rotas for a while now and I've never heard of one cracking from daily driving.I'm not going to track my fit. I can't justify spending that much money for 'racing wheels' if I won't get to use them to their potential. That's like buying a GT3 and not taking it to the track...

Old 11-11-2008, 05:45 PM
There are better alternatives to Rotas and even Volks. Like someone pointed out, Enkei wheels are decently priced and also are pretty strong. Even Work make the Emotion CR Kai's that are well priced and strong.

Anyway, I'm a vendor on Nasioc and I've definitely seen Rota flame threads so don't think the STi community's excluded from Rota hate.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
the hate is everywhere. and why does everyone think real deal wheels cost over 3K?

its better to buy them used unless you want a specific size and offset

Old 11-11-2008, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
the hate is everywhere. and why does everyone think real deal wheels cost over 3K?

its better to buy them used unless you want a specific size and offset
$3000? I got my RE30s for less than $2000.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:47 PM
sam
Super Moderator
This is the anti- threads from:
Where to get rotas?

Old 11-11-2008, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
$3000? I got my RE30s for less than $2000.

exactly. 15x7 RE30 diamond black were 1750. quoted from a vendor on honda tech

Old 11-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Let me clear this up a little bit as I may be misunderstood.

I don't HATE Rota.

You do not see factory wheels failing like this as often.

You should never see ANY wheels fail like this.

Not all performance wheels are the expensive forged type.

Enkei and some others make a good quality cast wheel so not all performance wheels are forged as it is a very expensive process.

Rotas aren't advertised as a racing wheel meant to do 5 laps around the ring.
From the Rota website:

30 years of innovation and quality engineering has brought Rota Wheels to the fore-front of Motorsports. “There is no better endorser for Rota Wheels other than the professional race car drivers and teams and the hordes of motorsports enthusiasts who have tried and tested our wheels in the various Motorsports disciplines around the world… and with Rota’s continued commitment and undying passion for Motoring and Motorsports, expect us to continue Moving the World Through our Art And Science.” says Rota’s Marketing Head, Philip Alvendia, who is himself a seasoned driver, having won numerous accolades from Karting, Formula Open-wheel Racing, Superbikes and Touring Cars.

Rota Wheels are not your normal run of the mill wheels that serve as mere aesthetic upgrades. As our President, Michael Rojas says “We make wheels that satisfy a functional and psychological need. We make them strong, safe and light and our wheels are engineered to perform… and our track record proves this.”

In the recently concluded 2006 Manila International Auto Show, Rota Wheels once again set itself apart by showcasing its new wheel models and paint finishes that are making waves in the USA and Europe.

“Our wheels have been very successful in the USA because we understand and provide our patrons with what they want - safe, light and competitively-priced wheels… And fueled by our success in the USA and the increasing demand for our products in the European continent, we have opened our latest Rota Wheels Office in Holland to service our growing European customers.”, says Mr. Romeo Rojas, Founder and Chairman of Rota Wheels (shown here with the Rota Wheels Ladies during the 2006 Manila Motorshow).
They are advertised as performance wheels. The problem is there has been
a lot of failures. Now, the manufacturer may have resolved the issue. Like anyone else they have a chance to redeem themselves. Until then, you get what you pay for.

After seeing, and hearing, not one but a FEW catastrophes like this;
would you buy this product?

When you see a vendor selling nothing but stuff like this you should really
reconsider their intentions.

Exhaust systems and headers with cheap welds known to fail.

Fake K&N filters with less than adequate or questionable filter media.

Universal adjustable spring sets with no documentation that all use the same springs.

Tail lights that are poorly sealed and accumulate moisture.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeeper_x
step up and see the amazing ROTAS!

BEFORE a few a laps around the ring....

AFTER a few laps around the ring.....

Just a comment these are two different wheels--look at wheel weight locations

Old 11-11-2008, 09:12 PM
exactly. 15x7 RE30 diamond black were 1750. quoted from a vendor on honda tech
Hey, exactly the setup I'm running right now.

Originally Posted by Nabisco
Tail lights that are poorly sealed and accumulate moisture.
Bringing it off topic to slow down the hate... a customer sold me some very slightly used N1 Concept LED tail lights and I'm wondering how badly do they fit? And do they leak?

That should slow down the flames for a bit...

Old 11-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by jtsimaras
Just a comment these are two different wheels--look at wheel weight locations
Umm... a car has 4 wheels. He could've taken the worst looking one out of the lot to take the 'after' picture? The first one is just showing what they looked like beforehand.

Quick Reply: Where to get rotas? - why not to get rotas posts