Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Help on wheels and sizes

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Help on wheels and sizes

Hey,

So i am very confused about wheel sizes and offsets even after reading many of the threads here. even the stickied one about offsets.

So i figured id ask some specific questions to try and figure this out.

First of all i have the stock sport wheels, but i want to change them out. After looking at some other threads here i got the feeling that Rota wheels are crappy. is this the case?

and What offset and width prevents rubbing? i was looking at 15" x 7" jmags with a 40 mm offset. will they rub? and what is the hub bore? and what hub bore size are the honda stock 15"?

I want to keep my stock tires so will they fit these new wheels?

so bottom line what will work with stock tires, what width 6.5 or 7 or something else? and what offset? i jus twant some cool new wheels that will work with what i have.

Thanks fit community!

Old 09-15-2008, 08:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bread bucket
Hey,

and What offset and width prevents rubbing? i was looking at 15" x 7" jmags with a 40 mm offset. will they rub? and what is the hub bore? and what hub bore size are the honda stock 15"?

I want to keep my stock tires so will they fit these new wheels?

so bottom line what will work with stock tires, what width 6.5 or 7 or something else? and what offset? i jus twant some cool new wheels that will work with what i have.

Thanks fit community!
Stick with 15x7 or 15x6.5 wheels with at least 42 mm offset (the lighter the better) and the seller says they work on your Fit, which means they will clear the calipers and have the right BC (4x100) and hub bore (58 to 64 mm).
good luck.

Last edited by mahout; 09-15-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
Just to add Rotas aren't necessarily crap, I think there actually a pretty decent wheel from what I have heard (I have never owned them) The reason a lot of people dont like them is because there Replaces of wheels that are probable X2 X3 more the cost. That and its I guess cool to hate on Rotas.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:13 PM
ok so then anything in those ranges will work? even if they dont say they are for a fit? heres the website if that helps Buy Rota Rims, Rota JMAG rims, Muteki Lug Nuts: JLB Motorsports

Old 09-15-2008, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bread bucket
ok so then anything in those ranges will work? even if they dont say they are for a fit? heres the website if that helps Buy Rota Rims, Rota JMAG rims, Muteki Lug Nuts: JLB Motorsports

The one problem with selecting wheels is that not all of them will clear calipers or the hub. That information has to be supplied by the seller. More often than not they know or can find the bolt circle and offset but whether the wheel clears the calipers and fits over the hub is only known if the seller has tried them.
TireRack and DiscountTireDirect both mostly supply fitments as well as offset along with a few others. Be wary of guessing by the look of the wheel in pictures.