Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Are 17x7.5's too wide (rubbing) on the fit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dpancho
Are you saying it wont fit with a lil fender modification just like what SD MR Fit has done, since he's rockin 17x7.4 +45?

Define a 'little' fender work. No matter how much it rubs there is always a way to make it fit. Question is; is that what you want? You will then have no real resale value.

Last edited by mahout; 09-11-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by mahout
Define a 'little' fender work. No matter how much it rubs there isalways a way to make it fit. Questuion is; is that what you want? You will then have no real resale value.

Why do you assume there is no resale value if the fender lining is bent back a little bit?

Old 09-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by jdmfitfreak
I run 205's. ZERO issues. I dont know what measuring your doing but I promise my 7.5's are conservative in size.

look at the 09 i posted. i was a 35 offset. i can post others that are wider and lower.

Any fender modifications to acheive this???

Old 09-10-2008, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe people should clarify what they mean by "fit".

What I mean is there are people that say a wheel and tire combo fits if they can bolt it on and drive away, that's it. Then maybe do some (or a lot) of fender modding and or camber to reduce rubbing.

Others say something fits if you can put the wheel/tire on and it will never, under any circumstances rub anything.

So YOU have to decide how much, if any, rubbing YOU are comfortable with and then really you just have to try something and hope it works.

I personally sit in the middle, I don't mind a little rubbing as long as it doesn't take chunks out of your tire.

My set-up is as fallows, 17x7 +40 offset with a 205 40x17 Maxxis MA Z-1 that is pretty wide and dropped on skunk 2 springs. It does rub on all 4 corners but not very much (to me) so I live with it. Only fender work is tucking the fender liner up above the fender lip.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dpancho
Why do you assume there is no resale value if the fender lining is bent back a little bit?

Because the first thing appraisers look for on a trade-in (or buyers especially) is signs of vehicle modification. I will virtually assure you that even minor fender well crimping will cost you a thousand bucks at least.
Resellers have a very hard time selling cars to buyers who expect their 'purchase' to be perfect so they have to lower their 'take-in' price which means your trade-in or private price gets lowered too. The legal and service cost risks on mod cars is awfull so no dealer wants the risk without reward..
There are lots of dealers who will not take cars with fender mods or lowered cars in trade. Period. Saw one the other day: the dealer told the owner of a 2002 Civic lowered what appeared to be well done that he couldn't accept his car on trade. The owner apparently just shook his head, saying so and so cross town wouldn't either. Everybody knows the Fit is a popular mod car so they are looked at very carefully. The advice is when you resell your Fit make sure its as stock as can be. Then its worth is merely based on mileage and condition.