Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

tires are wobbely

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Banned
tires are wobbely

so i just recently purchased a set of wheels and the tires when i roll it on the ground it wobbles... this is bad and i feel lumps on the tires btw.

so question,

if i like buy new tires,

do i just go to a tire shop and give them the rims and wobbly tires with the new tires i bought and their going to assemble it for me?

Old 05-14-2008, 11:13 AM
A tire shop will be able to solve any problems you have with the wheels or tires.... or both.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Yes very bad. VERY DANGEROUS. Suspect hub bore too small, wheels hanging up on hub, lug nuts not tightened, or wheel or wheels bent. Possibly tire)s) out of round but that would cause lumpy ride rather than wobbly.
DO NOT DRIVE UNTIL PROBLEM CORRECTED. PERIOD.

PS for those unaware, if the hub bore does not seat on the hub face squarely, the wheel inner bore will jam on the hub center and the wheel 'slants' on the hub when the lugnuts are tightened. When you take the lugnuts off you can usually see if all lugs are not equally through the lug bolt holes. Even if they look even, if the wheel cannot be easily removed, the wheel is stuck on the hub, that is virtually a guarantee the hub bore is too small.
Grinder

Grind/file the opening to clear the hub center but max 1/16" More than that wheel isn't intended to work.
If the wheel doesn't fit easily, stop and check offsets, caliper clearances, and hub bore.
Good luck.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by mahout
Yes very bad. VERY DANGEROUS. Suspect hub bore too small, wheels hanging up on hub, lug nuts not tightened, or wheel or wheels bent. Possibly tire)s) out of round but that would cause lumpy ride rather than wobbly.
DO NOT DRIVE UNTIL PROBLEM CORRECTED. PERIOD.

PS for those unaware, if the hub bore does not seat on the hub face squarely, the wheel inner bore will jam on the hub center and the wheel 'slants' on the hub when the lugnuts are tightened. When you take the lugnuts off you can usually see if all lugs are not equally through the lug bolt holes. Even if they look even, if the wheel cannot be easily removed, the wheel is stuck on the hub, that is virtually a guarantee the hub bore is too small.
Grinder

Grind/file the opening to clear the hub center but max 1/16" More than that wheel isn't intended to work.
If the wheel doesn't fit easily, stop and check offsets, caliper clearances, and hub bore.
Good luck.
Oh dam

Thanks man for the well written reply

Fiy they are hx rims

The tires are alright but, 2 of them just doesn’t sit straight.

planning to put the crooked ones in the back and the good tires in the front

then carry 2 spares in the back(my stocks)

just in case the tires blow.

And.. yeah I think I need to get spacers too cause of the caliper

K

Thanks dude

Old 05-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Replace all the tires. I wouldnt roll on them at all.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
yeah dont risk damaging your rims...just replace the tires. ;/

Old 05-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Almost sounds like wheels weren't balanced or tires not mounted properly....

I would have them remount the tires check the balance and take it for a small test drive after that if it is still riding funny then I would replace the tires for sure. Go back to were you got the stuff from and make them fix it.

Ohh not on car yet so don't put them on car then lol.... didn't read whole first post....

Old 05-14-2008, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
you talking about HX's? dont do it dude. too small!

Old 05-15-2008, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member
Tires "don't sit straight"? The rest of these posters are correct. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DISCARDED!. Any tire that doesn't sit straight on the rim is mounted badly, is deformed, or the rim is bent. Either the tires or wheels are trash.
PS I have seen tires mounted with more than the bead buried in the rim resulting in tires twisted on the rim. So it isn't impossible. But more than likely the rim is bent if the tire 'wobbles' when turned on a true axle.