Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
What do you guys think?

Well I was inspired this past weekend at Kamispeed when I saw a set of sexy wedsport rims that were gunmetal with a red lip. So I took one of my stockies and experimented today. I will be adding a red H decal on the centercap. What do you all think? I am still undecided on this choice......

Last edited by mugenfit79; 04-01-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:51 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
looks cool- but hopefully its just the camera- it makes it look like spray paint- not an even coat?..- hopefully its the the way it was shot and it looks better in person-
but ya i always liked the stock wheels

the only thing that i didnt get is how they "crammed" the 4 lugs randomly into the 5 spoke design doesnt really line up right if you look at it too long

Old 04-01-2008, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by billmus86
looks cool- but hopefully its just the camera- it makes it look like spray paint- not an even coat?..- hopefully its the the way it was shot and it looks better in person-
but ya i always liked the stock wheels

the only thing that i didnt get is how they "crammed" the 4 lugs randomly into the 5 spoke design doesnt really line up right if you look at it too long

Yeah it looks that way because it has a reflective effect in the paint. It's duplicolor graphite rim paint. There are parts that are a little rough while others are pretty smooth. Gotta figure out what to do there...

Old 04-01-2008, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah it looks like a really really really dirty wheel like from brake dust and road debree and stuff. I'm sure it looks much much better in person though.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by goodyonsen
Yeah it looks like a really really really dirty wheel like from brake dust and road debree and stuff. I'm sure it looks much much better in person though.

I definelty need a better camera. lol. I will post new pics when I get the rims on the car....

Old 04-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I think you should go back to Kami and buy those all red wheels in the far left corner. I think they were Works?

Old 04-01-2008, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
I think you should go back to Kami and buy those all red wheels in the far left corner. I think they were Works?
Yup I saw those man. they were in a box right? They were nice but I want to get away from the all red wheel.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Yea, those are them. They looked so good!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Yea, those are them. They looked so good!!!

Yeah they did dude, Thinking of changing your rims again? Do you have
spacers on your wheels? I like the stance...

Old 04-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Retired Moderator
That looks awesome dude! Great job! I was thinking of rolling painted stockers, cause i like the look. I just hate the stance, 55offset is wayyyy to far in for my taste. Plus alot of people started rolling on painted stockers so i had to be diffrent. Honestly i like your current wheels better then those stockers on your car, your current wheels are SICK! But its your car!

Tyler

Old 04-02-2008, 12:18 PM
I am going to do this once it gets warm so I can rock out with some stockies that look really good in winter.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the comments guys. Well I think I must have done something wrong. I went home for lunch and I looked at my rims and after some good air drying the rims do have different shades of gunmetal to them. I am so pissed off. All that hard work. I don't know if I should redo them or dump the whole idea.....

Old 04-02-2008, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
I am going to do this once it gets warm so I can rock out with some stockies that look really good in winter.

I think those colors would look sick on your car....

Old 04-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i think it looks good. might not even need the H emblem

Old 04-02-2008, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like you did not keep shaking the can as you were spraying. With regular paint it does not matter that much, but with metallics it is crucial!
Spray for 2-3 seconds, shake the can 2-3 times, spray for 2-3 seconds, shake 2-3 times, ......

For different texture problem you learn with experience to keep the same speed of movement across the painted surface. It then gives you more creative control to either have watery smooth finish or more satin pattern to your liking. You can always get some abrasive pads of 1500 grit or even 0000 and make it smooth. Of course it does not hurt to prep the surface by lightly sanding the wheel first and keep doing it between each coat of primer and latter paint. I know it is a pain, but quality and durability will show on the long run.
I took my time and it took me 3 days to get it done right.
Do not give up, learn from the experience and keep practicing. You have nothing to loose with OEM wheels! You can always have them sandblasted and professionally powder coated or anodized at any point! Sure it will cost a lot more and look good, but painting them right yourself will give you great sense of accomplishment and pride. Trust me!

Ivan

Old 04-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Banned
Once you get it right you should sell me the wheels on your car...

Old 04-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i remember someone at another forum that painted their wheels
matte black... he said something like they had to wash it once
after the paint dried to get an even coated look.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
i would try light sand and recoat with lots of shaking and dont let the paint fog up around the area to much, it will settle on the wheel as its drying in mid air and leave a fuzzy texture.
looks like a cool color combo anyhow.
props for diy.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ciburri
Looks like you did not keep shaking the can as you were spraying. With regular paint it does not matter that much, but with metallics it is crucial!
Spray for 2-3 seconds, shake the can 2-3 times, spray for 2-3 seconds, shake 2-3 times, ......

For different texture problem you learn with experience to keep the same speed of movement across the painted surface. It then gives you more creative control to either have watery smooth finish or more satin pattern to your liking. You can always get some abrasive pads of 1500 grit or even 0000 and make it smooth. Of course it does not hurt to prep the surface by lightly sanding the wheel first and keep doing it between each coat of primer and latter paint. I know it is a pain, but quality and durability will show on the long run.
I took my time and it took me 3 days to get it done right.
Do not give up, learn from the experience and keep practicing. You have nothing to loose with OEM wheels! You can always have them sandblasted and professionally powder coated or anodized at any point! Sure it will cost a lot more and look good, but painting them right yourself will give you great sense of accomplishment and pride. Trust me!

Ivan
Thanks man, I really appreciate your help. I'll give it a shot this coming week since I will be on vacation..

Old 04-02-2008, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
i remember someone at another forum that painted their wheels
matte black... he said something like they had to wash it once
after the paint dried to get an even coated look.
Whoa that sounds interesting. Hey wouldn't hurt to try, lol....

Quick Reply: What do you guys think?