Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Tpms?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Tpms?

How many of you are not running the TPMS sensors in your after market wheels ?

Old 03-14-2008, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
I know of someone without them, his TPMS light just stays lit. My question is if you were to take the TPMS fuse out, would this keep it from coming on?

Old 03-14-2008, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
i am. TPMS light is alwyas on. not a big deal to me. i would rather deal with it than pay $200 for another set of sensors and have to go to honda every tiem i swap wheels to flash the system to the new code.

removing the fuse does not get rid of the light.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pursang
How many of you are not running the TPMS sensors in your after market wheels ?
I'm not running on my sensors. Light turned on for one minute after I put the new wheels on and then turned off and has never turned on again.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by SickFit
I'm not running on my sensors. Light turned on for one minute after I put the new wheels on and then turned off and has never turned on again.
Did you do anything different? I was following another tpms thread and nobody seemed to find out how they really got rid of the tpms sensor light. I'm getting annoyed with this tpms as well, it's holding me back on putting a different wheels.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hatch69
Did you do anything different? I was following another tpms thread and nobody seemed to find out how they really got rid of the tpms sensor light. I'm getting annoyed with this tpms as well, it's holding me back on putting a different wheels.
Cant tell you I did dude. I did nothing difffernt. I guess the only way you could really get rid of the light is to go behind the dash and snip it? I guess. But I really dont know dude. So dont follow my word lol.

Guess I was lucky.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
I have 2008 Fit Sport and changed to aftermarket wheels with no TPMS.

The dash light stayed off for one full day when driving.

next day I noticed the light was on.

Changed back to stock wheels and light went out after 10 minutes of driving.

No other problems with light at any time. 1800 miles driven so far, no window tinting.

So if you remove your stock wheels just note or mark on them which wheel goes front right or left and which on the rear right and left, put them back on in the same locations later. Store the wheels away from your FIT about 75 feet should be enough so that it doesn't trigger your light to come on and drive with the aftermarket wheels but keep the tire pressures even.

Report any problems here. If this strategy works then you don't have to buy extra TPMS unless you want to. Don't fuss with the TPMS valves- they are easily damaged.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm just gonna store the stock wheels and tires well away from where I park and see what happens.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:45 PM
tpms seems like a pain

Old 03-16-2008, 10:37 PM
A follow up: just stored away the stock sport wheels with the Hankook 195/55/15 studded tires in the shed, took the car for a spin down to the car wash and NO TPMS light. After I returned back at the house I shut it off and started it back up and still no light .....BTW,with the CE28's/ 215/50/15 BFG G Sport combo,(thanks Jim,at Tire Rack, for the BFG's) the weight difference was a little over 8lbs less than the stock Sport wheels/studs per wheel, and yep I could feel the difference. WOO HOO !!

Last edited by Pursang; 03-16-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
When I was testing my 225/50's on Saturn wheels, I never got a TPMS light on for over 2 weeks of driving. The stock wheels were stored in the garage, maybe 30 feet from where I park. My drive to work is about 5 miles each way, and we use the Fit for errands on the weekend. Never saw the light. My windows ARE tinted with some sort of ceramic-enhanced tint, but I'm not sure what difference that could possibly make.

HF

Old 03-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by HEMI-Fit
When I was testing my 225/50's on Saturn wheels, I never got a TPMS light on for over 2 weeks of driving. The stock wheels were stored in the garage, maybe 30 feet from where I park. My drive to work is about 5 miles each way, and we use the Fit for errands on the weekend. Never saw the light. My windows ARE tinted with some sort of ceramic-enhanced tint, but I'm not sure what difference that could possibly make.

HF
I didn't understand the "tinted windows" point either. How would tinted windows have an effect on TPMS ?

Old 03-18-2008, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
I heard the tint can somehow affect how the little broadcast signals get to the receivers... but I don't know where the receivers are, or what kind of signals get broadcast... So I kinda call BS until proven otherwise.

HF

Old 03-18-2008, 10:54 PM
I know of another one not running the TPMS.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:28 AM
it wouldn't make sense that have to keep track of which wheel went where, if that was the case you could never do a tire rotation if you had TPMS without having to go back to the dealer to get it reset.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Good point. At most, you'd want to know which corner of the car needed attention at a given time. I didn't think the Fit specified a corner?

HF

Old 03-20-2008, 04:38 PM
I would be very suprised if the fit knew which sensor was which. For 08 and newer cars everything is required to have tpms. Because of this most brands are using bare minimum basic setups. I know with vw the car doesn't know which sensors are which, if one goes bad you have have to figure out which it is by adjusting the pressures very different from eachother and looking at the value blocks in the computer to see which pressure isn't being stored if it sees 10,20,40 psi values thenwhich ever one you had set to 30 is the bad one. High end cars know, the Toureg and Phaetons let you set the pressure you want on each wheel and then make the car learn the settings as the default settings. You can bring up a display that will show what the specs are set for at each wheel and it will say ok or have a caution sign if that wheel is to low. But again thats only on high end stuff.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Just put the sensors in your aftermarket wheels and be done with it.........yes they fit aftermarket wheels also for those that are curious

Old 03-21-2008, 11:02 PM
I just got motegi ff7's put on my car and I was told my tpms light would be on until I put my stockies back on, but there has been no light on yet. Shows up when i turn the key at first but, that is the only time.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
my TPMS light is on. and i dont care.

done.

Quick Reply: Tpms?