Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

jazz/fit new wheels - which size / tryes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 06:22 PM
jazz/fit new wheels - which size / tryes?

hey,

lookin to get 16"-17" alloys and tyres for my new (07) jazz dsi sport in black
but struggling to decide the model and size - can't afford at all to make a mistake and it seems there may be issues here....

there are no forums / owners clubs i can find for jazz / fit here in the uk and it seems the honda dealers are totally against it yet the local alloy wheel dealers will sell you them regardless of any issues

i'm literally modding the wheels only - i can't afford to do engine / exhaust / brakes / shocks or any lowering and as a consequence i also can't afford to loose any handling / performance / fuel efficiency from this car as it is used for family and work - i could, however handle a slighter
harder ride but that sounds like it would be standard with a higher profile tyre

the current wheels are 15" stock silver with 185/55/r15 bridgestone potenza 82v tyres so i really need to know what will fit on there without a problem (even under load) or any change in the points mentioned above as some people think there will be - one dealer said that you could wear the ball race bearings because the general weight distribution / angle to the road will be altered with new shaped wheel and tyre but i really wouldn't know myself....

i was thinking of going with 17" team dynamics 'jet' 4 x 100 wheels with 205/40/17 tyres (nothing too bling as nothing to show off underneath them!!), 16" tyres are less popular and sometimes more expensive over here so i'd prefer 17" but will settle for 16" if there are fitting / running issues with the larger size

....am also clueless about offsets and the like.... but reading up on it right now

any help is much appreciated as like i said there doesn't seem to be anyone much over here (apart from proper old people ;~]) into this car and it looks like you guys have been gettin' jiggy with this lovely car to great effect!!!

cheers
pb

Old 03-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Retired Moderator
Moved to Fit Shoes.

Tyler