Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

need some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
need some opinions

I knew when I bought this car I wouldn't be able to leave it alone. Anyways, I'm looking for a nice set of flat black wheels. I'm sort of fond of the Motegi Traklite's but I can;t get them in 15's. I was looking for something to run in the summer only so I could use the stock wheels and tires for winter. I've seen some cheap flat black wheels get destroyed by salt and snow and don't really want that to happen.

Any opinons or thoughts about a decent flat black wheel that will fit the....Fit? I don't want to go any bigger then 16's, stock offset. Thanks!

*EDIT* I think I found what I'm looking for. Motegi Racing Performance Wheels=# any opinions on Motegi's? good/bad?

Last edited by Crawly; 07-21-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
If you like the Spoon Sports wheels i know rota makes a set that looks like them for like half the price, and ebay sometimes has some good deals you could check that out... Good luck with your search

Old 07-21-2007, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
good deal. I'll check them out. Is there a good site to order the Rota's off of if I decided to go that route?

Old 07-21-2007, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
Old 07-21-2007, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Just what you ordered flat black, 15's lol good luck, oh and i saw the autobot symbol on your sig... you can get a badge set off ebay of those too lol

Old 07-21-2007, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
yea i saw those, i dont think ill be going that far to rebadge my Fit with autobot emblems lol

I didn't order them yet.....I'm still pondering 16's but it's a daily driver....and is on the highway 90% of the time. the less rotating mass the better.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
My big concern is the finish. A friend of mine had some Poison brand wheel and I told her not to get them....and they looked like complete crap after like a year. The clear coat on the wheels was really flaking bad. I'd like to try and avoid that.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
I had slips on my ek for 2+ yrs. they are played out imo, but the finish never faded , cracked etc.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Crawly
My big concern is the finish. A friend of mine had some Poison brand wheel and I told her not to get them....and they looked like complete crap after like a year. The clear coat on the wheels was really flaking bad. I'd like to try and avoid that.
Crawly, since offset and weight are such a big factor in finding wheels for our beloved Fit, concentrate on finding a set that mounts and performs as close to perfect as you can and do not worry about the finish or color. Then just have them powdercoated! It is the most durable finish one can get and it costs about $40-50 per wheel. Nothing comes for free, true.
I painted my OEM's since brand new tires were on them and costed me only $50 in paint.
I am also focusing on Rota at the moment, but I would like something even lighter and stronger, but the price......! @#$%^&!
I am changing my mind from original 16" plans toward staying on 15", but wider and lighter. If I was not concerned with price, I would have Volk CE 28 Time Attack on my car by now. LOL! At my age sense is starting to prevail though. There is more to life priorities than spending thousands on a car.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Well put. Your OEM rims look really great btw. Speaking of, I actually know someone who does powdercoating on a professional level....has the walk in oven and everything. He just recently powdered my quad's wheels black. All 4 for $45.00. Perhaps I should consider giving him a call and see what he would charge to do the factory rims? You think they would stand up to the road salt and snow we get around here? I flippin hate snow lol

Old 07-21-2007, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Crawly
Well put. Your OEM rims look really great btw. Speaking of, I actually know someone who does powdercoating on a professional level....has the walk in oven and everything. He just recently powdered my quad's wheels black. All 4 for $45.00. Perhaps I should consider giving him a call and see what he would charge to do the factory rims? You think they would stand up to the road salt and snow we get around here? I flippin hate snow lol
Geeezzzz! With such a hook up what are you waiting for! If I had that hook up I would have powdercoated mine since paying for tire dissmount and mounting and balancing would cost $50-60! So instead standard powdercoating price of $160-200 you can get them done for under $50!!!
Listen, I used my white powdercoated OZ from my CRX on my GSR for years going to Lake Tahoe for skiing. Mounted chains and cables on them too! They have scratches and some dirt penetrated top paint layer. Wheels are white for gods sake, but I am certain that some rubbing compound and waxing will bring the shine from the day I picked them up from the powder coating place. I say go for it NOOOOWWW!

Old 07-21-2007, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
I keep looking at pictures of yours.....I'm trying to talk myself into it. Not to be stupid, but would that be a warranty issue at all? Just trying to cover all my bases here. I don't see how it would be.

Maybe I'll give him a call. See what he says. I think it would look tough with some red lug nuts too.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the info. That makes me feel better lol

Last edited by Crawly; 07-21-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
powder coating is strong shit. powder coat> paint