Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Got my royal gold J.SPL's put on today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pocketrocket
First things first, if you guys want performance at a low price -- General Exclaim is where its at. These things grip the road like $100 a piece G-Sports, but only ran $60/tire on tirerack.com.
The rims look great, but I have to disagree with your choice of tire. Twice I've tried General Exclaim UHPs at the recommendation of the guys at Discount Tire and/or tire rack (they were different cars in different sizes, so I thought there might be a difference in feel and ride). Never again. The sidewalls are entirely too soft, and they're louder than average at highway speeds. They're an okay touring tire, but to call them UHP (ultra high performance) is a joke. In both instances, I took them back and put on Kumho Ecsta ASXs and was infinitely happier.

Hopefully you won't be as disappointed in the long run as I was.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
the road noise is quieter than the dunlops i had on there before. sidewall is better too, and I can whip around corners pretty nicely. this is the first set of "UHP" tires that I've had, but I can definitely feel the difference from my stock tires on my other cars.

i think there is a tire for everyone. I dont' even look too much at the reviews on tire rack anymore, because there's usually quite a few people that absolutely hate the tire, and quite a few that absolutely love it. i guess, to each their own, but maybe next time i'll try the kumho's just to get a comparison

Old 07-22-2007, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Absolutely. I will say both cars were significantly heavier than the Fit. The most recent was a 99 Mercury Cougar. On 17s (from the stock 15s) and Eibach springs, the General Exclaim UHPs really were mushy. It was like "turn wheel....wait....sidewalls flex....begin actually turning." It was that bad. I actually felt out of control compared to the Toyo Proxes I'd had on before that, and compared to the Kumhos I had on after.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:14 PM
what kinda sub?

Old 07-23-2007, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pocketrocket
alright alright, here they are haha. all nice and waxed too with my tanabe concept g exhaust too!

And that is mine and my roommates dc2 integra.

Spoon springs will be coming soon. I was surprised how good they looked without lowering though. I had a full car and my 80 pound subwoofer box in the back, and had some slight rubbing in corners and over bumps. Those subs are about to go though, and I think a stiffer spring will help out.

Nice to see another South Carolina Fit guy!

damn how do you rub?? and they look alright but i dont know if they look that good without lowering springs. but i deff think the colors match