Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

WHAT DO YOU THINK? posts looking for others opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
problem with photoshop is that you made em look like 17's which changes the appeal of the wheel in the car. They look great like that, but as the real picture from far away in that civic, they look diff.
Keep or sell? since your doubting them, If I were you id sell them and get some wheels that wont make you feel that way. By that, you can either satisfy 4dr4life! or andy23666 by getting the wheels they want and yourself by gettn some money for other things you wont doubt about.
thats as much as for an advise i can give though lol

Old 04-20-2007, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by 4dr4life!

+1 on this look... powder coat it white dude!!! Do it! Do it! Do it!

Old 04-20-2007, 11:43 AM
if you wanna sell PM me!!!!!! please looking for rims for my EK hatch im in so cal so i can pick up if your local!!!

Old 04-24-2007, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
Anyone rockin' 16" Gold Rota D2's?

I'm making plans to buy a VBP Fit in the next few months since my daily beater is a little more trouble than I want to deal with.

I'm not going to get mod crazy. Springs, wheels/tries, tint and that's about it.

I was thinking gold D2's would complete the look for this car. I'm not a big graphite/gunmetal wheel color or black for that matter. Gold seems to be the best combo (for me) for a VBP car.

So, anyone rocking any D2's yet? Just want to see how they look.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 04-24-2007, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
Powder coating is way more durable than paint. However I think the factory wheels might be PC'd, some are painted.

Steve

Old 04-24-2007, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I've had the powdercoating done, and while I love the color, I can't say I'm happy with how the coverage turned out. I was warned about getting in between spokes and such, but still. $50 a pop for the color and clearcoat. Ouch! I thought I was lucky that since they already had the paint on hand I didn't have to pay another approx. $125 more, but after the results I can't say that I'm the happiest guy around. But it's more than likely that I'm gonna be the only one who knows where the light spots are, so unless you really scrutinize like I did when waxing, they look pretty good.

So, happy with the process, not so much the applicator. I'll post the pics when I get em mounted. Still waiting for McGard to come through with the gold chrome kit.

Last edited by bmp956; 04-24-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
You just had a bad coating job. A good coating will look smooth and cover the entire wheel.

Steve

Old 04-24-2007, 01:09 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RaceCoated
I'm not going to get mod crazy. Springs, wheels/tries, tint and that's about it.

Thats what I said when I got mine.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
I have another project I'm working on though...

Steve

Old 04-24-2007, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Not my car

Old 04-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Rota vs Konig

I'm lookin at getting the either the Konig Helium 15" or the Rota Circuit 10 15"... does anyone have any input on the wheel quality and weight differences?

I know the konigs are listed at 10.8lbs and the Rota i think is about 12.

Anyone have experience with either wheel? or even pics of the wheels on thier fit?

Old 04-24-2007, 05:55 PM
I've had rotas and know many people who have/had them. They are just as good as any other cast wheel. A lot of people will chime in and say they are cheap and break but for every picture they show of a broken rota i can find you one of a broken "insert big name brand here" wheel.

I like rota a lot, good wheels for the price.

Konigs are also decent wheels for the money.

I'd say just go with what is in your price range and has the style you like. Either way you'll be ok. You just might get hated on by JDM Fanbois.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:22 PM
I have to agree with clint. Rota wheels rule!

Granted rota doesn't make the the coolest wheels they make in what I feel as a more "fit" friendly offset to not even have to think about rubbing. BUT with that being said I had rota SDR's on my highly modified hybrid wrx. That car chased cones and then was used in a time distance rally also. I beat the crap out of those wheels and broke just about any law of the land in that rally and the wheels were prefectly round. I hit tons of potholes and they never bent and the finish held up great. You watch in a few more years the price will have crept up on the rota's and people will look back on the good old days of cheap rota wheels.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:15 AM
i LOVE my fake wheels

hahaha have had rotas (including circuit 10) and love them. never had any issues or breaks. do lots of canyon runs...never any issues....

heard good things of the Konigs too. your choice. i like mine

Old 04-25-2007, 07:43 PM
17" Axis Reverbs, what do you think?

I am getting my Fit later this month and I want to set it of with some nice wheels. First, I am getting a Tafetta White 2007 Fit and I am considering 17" Axis Reverbs in in black what does evryone think about how it will look? Thanks for the feedback.

Josh

Old 04-25-2007, 07:54 PM
i think they would look awesome, I was considering them but I do not think they will work...

I checked with the guys at Axis and the wheels are 17 x 7.5" with a 42mm offset.. you will definitely rub a fair amount from what i hear... from what other ppl have had it seems like you need a 17 x 7 max with a +45mm offset.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by YeeFit
i think they would look awesome, I was considering them but I do not think they will work...

I checked with the guys at Axis and the wheels are 17 x 7.5" with a 42mm offset.. you will definitely rub a fair amount from what i hear... from what other ppl have had it seems like you need a 17 x 7 max with a +45mm offset.

Thanks for the feedback. Why do they recommend wheels that wont fit the vehicle? I've read some other posts that said they have been able to fit tires this size.

Josh

Old 04-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Flinttownpoker
Thanks for the feedback. Why do they recommend wheels that wont fit the vehicle? I've read some other posts that said they have been able to fit tires this size.

Josh
they assume they will fit, but our cars are a little more complicated when it comes to wheels... i'm sure you can fit them on, but you will be rubbing a fair bit and might have to do some fender rolling to make them work.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Nearly every commercial product is powdercoated these days.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Flinttownpoker

Josh
I actually just spoke with my friend who knows they boys over at Axis. They said that the 17" Reverbs would fit on the Honda Fit... even if it is lowered.

I am one to be skeptical on this since I've heard of so many ppl rubbing with 17's. I want to give it a try, but I also don't want to have to make any modifications to my fenders if they end up rubbing like crazy.

Quick Reply: WHAT DO YOU THINK? posts looking for others opinions