Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

OEM sport wheels in black w/red rim edge

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 04:15 AM
that is awesome looking for the oem 15's i think im going to do my vbp kinda like that with blue lip and possibly might look better yet with a nice dop to the car? like the s-tech springs or something. what do you think?

Old 07-07-2007, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member
Yes, drop will do wonders! Have you thought about going white with blue lip? That would be maybe too much "in your face". It is all about your taste and how much attention you can handle. I am holding on for the springs I would like to get, but can't find in US.
I can't wait to see somebody paint OEM Sport's in some other color combo and post some clean pics.
I went to a dealer to order center caps from HFP wheels for a Fit, since they are the only ones that will fit OEM Sport wheels. I do not wont to just paste "H" sticker, but to have three dimensional badge on the wheels. I got ripped at almost $14/ea considering cost was $4.85/ea, but I did not feel like molding my own. Now I just need to buy some carbon fiber. It will cost me $100 to do center caps in red with carbon background by the time I get them done! Wheel paint costed me $50! LOL! At least for $150 I will have just what I imagined. Cheaper than any wheel set.
People are just staring and asking where I got the wheels from. Some do not even realize they are OEM's. I drove past dealership the other day and somebody was pulling to the street test driving a black Fit Sport. They just about crashed into another car staring at my car. It was five of them inside and they all stared at the wheels. LOL! My wife was cracking up laughing.
If you paint your wheels, post some pics! I am curious to see them.
Hey they came with the car and I can't believe people that bought aftermarket wheels are not experimenting! I would expect them to get some sticky summer rubber for custom wheels and use OEM's for a rainy season, or even snow.

Last edited by ciburri; 07-07-2007 at 02:51 AM. Reason: addition
Old 07-07-2007, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
Looks good man. Nice job.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by ciburri
Yes, drop will do wonders! Have you thought about going white with blue lip? That would be maybe too much "in your face". It is all about your taste and how much attention you can handle. I am holding on for the springs I would like to get, but can't find in US.
I can't wait to see somebody paint OEM Sport's in some other color combo and post some clean pics.
I went to a dealer to order center caps from HFP wheels for a Fit, since they are the only ones that will fit OEM Sport wheels. I do not wont to just paste "H" sticker, but to have three dimensional badge on the wheels. I got ripped at almost $14/ea considering cost was $4.85/ea, but I did not feel like molding my own. Now I just need to buy some carbon fiber. It will cost me $100 to do center caps in red with carbon background by the time I get them done! Wheel paint costed me $50! LOL! At least for $150 I will have just what I imagined. Cheaper than any wheel set.
People are just staring and asking where I got the wheels from. Some do not even realize they are OEM's. I drove past dealership the other day and somebody was pulling to the street test driving a black Fit Sport. They just about crashed into another car staring at my car. It was five of them inside and they all stared at the wheels. LOL! My wife was cracking up laughing.
If you paint your wheels, post some pics! I am curious to see them.
Hey they came with the car and I can't believe people that bought aftermarket wheels are not experimenting! I would expect them to get some sticky summer rubber for custom wheels and use OEM's for a rainy season, or even snow.
oh i hear you for sure. i have the s-techs on the way and while im putting them on i will be painting the wheels. i think im going to go with a genuine honda red for the actual wheel and polish the lip. then go with some red honda emblems for the front and back. hopefully it should be done by the end of this week. ill def. be posting pictures and let you know. but yeah i photoshopped them onto some of the fits posted online and the red really caught my attention.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Dude, awesome job, looks amazing! A guy up here did the same thing with his Stock 8th gen civic SI rims they look just as good! love the autocross color scheme.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks guys!
FIT THIS 07, any pics of your project yet?
smatts, any pics of those Civic wheels? Did he buy CF at Tap Plastics?
I hope not. After a little research I found CF distributor/manufacturer less than 10 miles from my house! Instead of paying $70 for a square yard of CF cloth only, I got me a glossy single layer semi rigid CF sheet for $28! Killer deal considering CF is in highest demand ever thanks to military Boeing and Airbus. This place has everything from 3 milimeter rods to sewer sized tubing. Sheets in various thickness, even sandwich CF laminats with various materials. Carbon variations with Kevlar, red & blue fibers, extra fine mesh of CF and kevlar,.... I was like kid in a candy store!
They have an autoclave owen, sheet press, vacum bags and acessories for curing carbon in molds,... Possibilities, possibilities!
So many projects, so little time!

Old 08-14-2007, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
Wow. Now I wanna do what you did, except for my NBP Fit (eventually to match the red front and rear H logo and FIT logo with red dot),

*drool*

Old 09-07-2007, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
Great job! Thanks for your help! :]

Old 10-22-2007, 04:28 AM
Sweet wheels, nice job by the way

I assume that you've used flat black paint on your rims, but how do you keep them
clean though? since I know that you can't wax nor polish them. I also have the same type of paint in my wheelies

Old 10-22-2007, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by B*!^$TE
Sweet wheels, nice job by the way

I assume that you've used flat black paint on your rims, but how do you keep them
clean though? since I know that you can't wax nor polish them. I also have the same type of paint in my wheelies
Thank you very much for your compliments guys.
I used semi gloss wheel paint from DupliColor.
Yes you can wax them! I'll explain a bit more in your thread.

Ivan

Old 11-24-2007, 12:16 PM
i'm loving the rims!

dang at first i was planning on getting rims...cause i really didn't like the stock ones...i was planning on getting the black Volk time attack with the red lip...but shoot what am i gonna do with the stocks right? thats a freaking good idea i probably start working on that next month need to run on some spares for awhile but it'll be worth it yo!! good job!!