Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

17 x 7.5 ET38 SSW Hyper Black Wheels on Red Honda Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 12:50 AM
17 x 7.5 ET38 SSW Hyper Black Wheels on Red Honda Jazz

Hi All

Short time lurker, first time poster. Bought my 2016 pre-facelift 5 speed manual Jazz (not 'Fit', as I'm in Australia ) a few weeks ago and have been thankful for all the info in this site, it's helped a lot!

I thought I'd post some images of my car with these spec wheels as I had issues trying to find photos of cars with the same specs. I'm happy to say that this particular wheel/tyre combination works pretty well in my opinion.

Tyres are 205/40/17 Falken Ziex ZE914. Suspension is stock. I may have lightly rubbed the front right while going over a bump with the wheel slightly turned @ about 70km/h on some twisties. Daily driving has been fine.

So here goes:

Side view 1:

Side view 2:

Side view 3:

Poke:

Before/After:

I was extremely concerned that the wheels would poke much further based on the wheel size calculators out there (to the point where I nearly cancelled the order, the wheel shop had to plead with me to trust them they would fit) but was very pleasantly surprised with the final result.

I'm also very impressed with the tyres so far, they seem to be quieter than stock on some surfaces but as loud on others. They grip amazingly, combined with the extra width of the wheel gives much higher cornering confidence. Haven't had them on for long but so far so good. They have a 60,000 kilometre warranty if rotated every 10,000 kms so will be interesting to see if they make it that far

I'm loving the car so far, it's a great little runabout. I'm having more fun than I thought I'd be having with it, to the point where I think my motorcycle (my daily driver for years) might be getting jealous!

Happy to answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability, though I'm very much a novice when it comes to this topic.

Cheers,
Morz

Old 04-08-2019, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Looks great!! Glad you are enjoying your Fit.

Old 05-31-2021, 03:13 PM
Hi!

I am looking at getting some 16X7's with a 38 offset for my 2020 SPORT and your photos make me want to go through with it. Question, is the "poke" phot of the rear? Do you have one to see how much the front pokes out?

Thank you,

Juan

Old 05-31-2021, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Greywulf73
Hi!

I am looking at getting some 16X7's with a 38 offset for my 2020 SPORT and your photos make me want to go through with it. Question, is the "poke" phot of the rear? Do you have one to see how much the front pokes out?

Thank you,

Juan
Hi Juan,

The poke photo is actually of the front, the rear is actually further recessed under the arch and doesn't 'poke' at all. You could probably even get away with a .5 - 1 inch wider rear tyre than front if you wished (I did not do this myself so don't quote me directly but I remember seeing examples with this configuration in my research).

If you're going to get 16x7's all around, I would think they would fit under both front and rear arches.

Hope that helps!

Cheers
Morz

Old 05-31-2021, 09:20 PM
Thank you Morz.

Originally Posted by morz
Hi Juan,

The poke photo is actually of the front, the rear is actually further recessed under the arch and doesn't 'poke' at all. You could probably even get away with a .5 - 1 inch wider rear tyre than front if you wished (I did not do this myself so don't quote me directly but I remember seeing examples with this configuration in my research).

If you're going to get 16x7's all around, I would think they would fit under both front and rear arches.

Hope that helps!

Cheers
Morz

Old 06-03-2021, 08:44 AM
morz

Nice!

I got a lil poke. Gonna pull fenders
17x9 ET 25
we gonna lift him 4” (maybe)

Been watching turbo charged Civic on yotube