General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Is Someone here finally know (and had resolved) those weird dash rattles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Arrow Is Someone here finally know (and had resolved) those weird dash rattles?

I know it's annoying... i have an appointement with my Honda dealer to fix it in three weeks. I just like to know before going if somebody here had this rattles problem fixed and what was done to do so.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...hlight=rattles

there is a lot of posts with this subject... hopfully i can find 1 person in the whole world that will be able to tell me there is a solution!!!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Retired Moderator
I didnt know you can actually take your car to Honda and have them Fix rattles?? Are they doing it under warrenty?

Tyler

Old 01-17-2008, 09:43 PM
yes... the three times i already took my car to the dealer... no charge (but they didn't found the trouble...)

you have rattles too?

Old 01-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Retired Moderator
No thank god. I thought i heard one this morning but it was a CD case vibrating. Im sure they will come in time though. Its good to know Honda will help you out.

Tyler

Old 01-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I have a slight noise at the center of the dash. It sounds like a tiny tap, or a wiring harness is rubbing against the middle of the plastic center on dash. I notice it the most on colder days or in the morning.

It sounds just like when safety glass breaks, that cracking/tapping sound when the break spreads through out the glass. Just really faint.

I fixed it, fixed it by turning the radio up. I will admit it bothers me when Im on my phone.

A few have been really disappointed in dealers not knowing how to fix it.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
I have a slight noise at the center of the dash. It sounds like a tiny tap, or a wiring harness is rubbing against the middle of the plastic center on dash. I notice it the most on colder days or in the morning.

It sounds just like when safety glass breaks, that cracking/tapping sound when the break spreads through out the glass. Just really faint.

I fixed it, fixed it by turning the radio up. I will admit it bothers me when Im on my phone.

A few have been really disappointed in dealers not knowing how to fix it.
yeah it's one of the most annoying things ever.I can pinpoint where they are and when they sound.

I almost swore I bought a brand new car 6 months ago

Old 01-18-2008, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
i dont think there is a fix beside what mxgt89 said" turn up the radio"

but sometimes if my music is not loud enough, thats the soul reason on why i started to have the small rattle. but once my music is up loud enough i cant even tell. my broadway mirror slaps like crazy. i fixed that though by shoving a bunch of rubber bands behind it

Old 01-18-2008, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
I hear it quite often whenever I am in low speed(less than 25mph) and the road is a little rough. I am assuming mine is coming from the passenger side.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
i dont think there is a fix beside what mxgt89 said" turn up the radio"

but sometimes if my music is not loud enough, thats the soul reason on why i started to have the small rattle. but once my music is up loud enough i cant even tell. my broadway mirror slaps like crazy. i fixed that though by shoving a bunch of rubber bands behind it
DUDEE! MINE DOES THE SAME!! i"m going 2 go try putting some behind there lollz.

Mine has a dash rattle also but i don't really hear it unless i turn off the radio, which is like NEVER lollz. I upgraded my speakers and added a sub so i can hear it. If i do put slight pressure on the center of the dash, it does stop rattling but it doesn't bother me enough 2 go look for the problem.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:49 PM
My car dash rattles when its cold out. Heard that add felt cloth between the dash and windshield silences the noise. I would not trust the dealership to take apart my dash.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by nexus4400
I would not trust the dealership to take apart my dash.
Why??? Did you had a bad experience with your dealer or you don't trust dealers in general?

Old 01-21-2008, 06:43 PM
I got rid of a lot of rattling by emptying the various cupholders and other spots of coins :P

still some dash creaking though

Old 01-21-2008, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
DUDEE! MINE DOES THE SAME!! i"m going 2 go try putting some behind there lollz.

Mine has a dash rattle also but i don't really hear it unless i turn off the radio, which is like NEVER lollz. I upgraded my speakers and added a sub so i can hear it. If i do put slight pressure on the center of the dash, it does stop rattling but it doesn't bother me enough 2 go look for the problem.
did the rubber bands help you out? ive tried smaller things too like a arm sweat band(or reservoir covers) .

i used to use the rubber band trick for my license plate till i bought a whole bunch of edead for my other cars. heh

Old 01-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
No dash creaking yet (knock on wood) and I've had a 12 inch sub pounding for about 4 months now. I wonder what causes it, possibly temperature? Are you guys in hot climates?

Old 01-22-2008, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member
Mine creaks only when it's cold out. It's on the driver's side some where near the pillar? You can hear it as you let out the clutch and start to move. It almost creaks with the speed of the car. SUX

Old 01-22-2008, 02:42 PM
yeah i ahve the same prob with the dash

still trying to figure it out

Old 01-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Retired Moderator
Just heard some major rattling on the freeway just now. Doing 70 on a rather bumpy freeway, getting major rattles from right behind the head unit it seemed like. When i went down to 60 they stopped?? Strange, and very annoying! Im tempted to bring it to Honda.

Tyler

Old 01-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Tool, bring it, don't just be tempted!!!

The more people do somethig about that problem, the more chance we have to solve it one day (and under the warranty!!!)

Old 01-22-2008, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
we've been having temps at or below 0 degrees for almost a week now, and funny enough (go figure) this is the first week i've noticed rattles in the dash.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by bibi147
Tool, bring it, don't just be tempted!!!

The more people do somethig about that problem, the more chance we have to solve it one day (and under the warranty!!!)
Will do bro!

Tyler

Quick Reply: Is Someone here finally know (and had resolved) those weird dash rattles?