General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Wiperblade Whoas. More.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Wiperblade Whoas. More.

I finally gave in and bought new blades. Went into Discount and bought the Trico NeroForm 16in and 24in. I used the machine and thats what they had listed for the Fit. 16in is the smallest they make also. The look is slimmer than the Bosch and these are a few bucks cheaper per blade.

Now my problem. The passenger side blade hits the damn plastic cover on the pillar. WTH is going on!!? First the blade noise and aftermarket ones dont fit?

The smallest Bosch they had in stock is a 17in. No way in hell it would fit.

pink fit!!!!

Old 09-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Fixed. The blade has a swing open/close clip that locks the blade in place. I cut the clip (between 2 dots) letting the blade slide further back onto the arm.

With the clip cut the blade could still slide forward. I added a little push pin I cut to size so that the blade is locked in its new place. The pin pushes in flush and barely seen.

Ugh... Cant believe it.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
looks nice congrats

Old 09-30-2007, 06:51 PM
after pic with the pillar?

Old 09-30-2007, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
What exactly is the pushpin you added?

Are these better than the Honda wipers? The wipers on the Fit are the worst of any car I have ever owned in my life......I tried Bosch and they were just as bad, leaving a film.

Honestly, I wonder if the dealer put wax on my windsheld at delivery or the like, I have never got it clean with the wipers.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
Really? The wipers on the fit are the best I've had.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:50 AM
they seem to be the best for about 3-4 months, then they absolutely die from my experience. at the dealer the inserts are 10.00 each.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Are these wipers common among Japanese cars? A co-worker bought a new 2008 Infiniti G35x and it has the same wipers as my Fit.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by gummyrabbit
Are these wipers common among Japanese cars? A co-worker bought a new 2008 Infiniti G35x and it has the same wipers as my Fit.
that's what i was thinking...i work at an infiniti dealership and all the new cars have the same kind. They work amazing too.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by wademunkey
after pic with the pillar?
Couldnt take them that night. Got too dark. Its close but not as close as it looks in the pics.
Another wonderful day in Florida. Rains everyday after 2-3pm. (Reason why I needed good blades.)

Originally Posted by Spule 4
What exactly is the pushpin you added?

Are these better than the Honda wipers? The wipers on the Fit are the worst of any car I have ever owned in my life......I tried Bosch and they were just as bad, leaving a film.
I honestly dont know. I found it in my garage. My dad said it was from his distributor. (90 Chevy C/K with a 350) Ace Hardware and Discount Autoparts has them.

WAY better then the OEMs. Once I installed them, did one sweep and left the window clean. The Tricos have some sort of coating on the blades. Makes sweeps quieter, smoother, and cleaner.
So far so good. Now the only thing that gets to me is feeling the wiper motor in my pedals. Anyone notice that?

Originally Posted by wademunkey
they seem to be the best for about 3-4 months, then they absolutely die from my experience. at the dealer the inserts are 10.00 each.
From what I was told; the sun is what makes them skip. Mine worked great just the noise killed me. However, when I got to the 13,000miles mark the blades just died.

Originally Posted by gummyrabbit
Originally Posted by wala nang boost
that's what i was thinking...i work at an infiniti dealership and all the new cars have the same kind. They work amazing too.
They first started out on higher end cars. They just LOOK a lot nicer than any other blades. Now they seem to be on a good amount of cars. I think its due to wind noise and what not. The design is suppose to be "aerodynamic." They prevent lift up at high speeds.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
I honestly dont know. I found it in my garage. My dad said it was from his distributor. (90 Chevy C/K with a 350) Ace Hardware and Discount Autoparts has them.

WAY better then the OEMs. Once I installed them, did one sweep and left the window clean. The Tricos have some sort of coating on the blades. Makes sweeps quieter, smoother, and cleaner.
So far so good. Now the only thing that gets to me is feeling the wiper motor in my pedals. Anyone notice that?

Sorry, wrong word, I wanted to know where and how you added it, maybe another pic please? No hurry, you can do it in daylite.....

Thanks for the tip on these wipers. No one stocks 16" Bosch Ions locally....

Old 10-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Spule 4

Sorry, wrong word, I wanted to know where and how you added it, maybe another pic please? No hurry, you can do it in daylite.....

Thanks for the tip on these wipers. No one stocks 16" Bosch Ions locally....
When I went back all they had was the 17in Boschs. Thats when he said I should mix and match.

Its right in this pic. Hard to miss it. That little pin thats peaking out the top of the blade. Just at the end of the arm. Its also in the reflection on the windshield.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
When I went back all they had was the 17in Boschs. Thats when he said I should mix and match.

Its right in this pic. Hard to miss it. That little pin thats peaking out the top of the blade. Just at the end of the arm. Its also in the reflection on the windshield.
Ah, looked like a stock pin to me, that was what was throwing me....guess I should not have trashed all the leftover Bosch mounting hardware in the last cleanout of the workshop.

So I gather instead of using the slide mount, the drilled hole moves it over?

Bosch wipers are a bit of a paradox. Go to a discount seller, and they will tell you Bosch does not make a wiper blade shorter than "X" inches, generally 1 or more inches bigger than what you need. The truth is they do, but the discounters do not get them.

Ran into this with a lot of cars, including my Gen III Camry wagon with two itty bitty ones on the back. You show them the old Bosch wiper, and they look puzzled....

A trip to a real import shop gets you what you need, for $$ ofcourse!

I may still want to try some Valeo ones? Dunno.....

Old 10-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
So I gather instead of using the slide mount, the drilled hole moves it over?
That drilled hole is for other wiper arms. I remember my old Grand Marquis had that style arms. Theyre like pins, they slip through those holes and then clip somehow? IDK....
The blades are universal; as Im sure you knew.

It just so happens that hole is at the perfect spot for the hook on the arm to lock it in place.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
That drilled hole is for other wiper arms. I remember my old Grand Marquis had that style arms. Theyre like pins, they slip through those holes and then clip somehow? IDK....
The blades are universal; as Im sure you knew.

It just so happens that hole is at the perfect spot for the hook on the arm to lock it in place.
So the hole is extant for the side entry type arm as on the Grand Marquis?

That makes matters much easier, excluding my comment of tossing all the Bosch pins I have collected over the years....

Old 10-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Mine wipers have been streaking on the windshield for a few months now. I thinking about going to Autozone this weekend and getting some new ones as well.

Old 10-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Only noise I noticed with these blades is a tiny squeak when switching from the upward sweep to the downward sweep. Thats it.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Funny, I just got the same wiper blades and saw this thread. AWESOME! I just need to find some push pin. I might just use a screw.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by smeister
Funny, I just got the same wiper blades and saw this thread. AWESOME! I just need to find some push pin. I might just use a screw.
Whatever works. I noticed that my push pin is rusting. Not noticeable but I can see it.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
i have the same problem here. But I went to wal-mart to grab some 15" blades and problem solved

Quick Reply: Wiperblade Whoas. More.