Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Pic Request: SSM Sport Dropped on Springs with Stock Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Post Pic Request: SSM Sport Dropped on Springs with Stock Wheels

Hey guys. I am looking for pictures of SSM Sports dropped on stock wheels. I have been looking into either the Skunk2's, Tein S-Techs, or Eibach ProKit. Any other suggestions? Please show me as many pictures as possible. Thank you.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
the h&r sports are about the same drop as eibach pro kits and ride very nice. Super easy install for any springs. i have just about a half inch wheel gap all around. will take some pics today

Old 09-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Here's the Teins on 15" enkei's. I loved these springs, but they were too low for me. I just swapped mine out this past weekend and they are up for grabs. PM me if you are interested in buying them.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
the h&r sports are about the same drop as eibach pro kits and ride very nice. Super easy install for any springs. i have just about a half inch wheel gap all around. will take some pics today
I forgot about those. Yeah I like the H&R's too. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing the pix.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by YeeFit
Here's the Teins on 15" enkei's. I loved these springs, but they were too low for me. I just swapped mine out this past weekend and they are up for grabs. PM me if you are interested in buying them.

Great thanks. The drop looks nice. I haul heavy stuff all the time, does the rear sag? Are the springs stiff?

Old 09-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
08 SSM sport on H&Rs

couple of my hondas

But the fit is totally stock other than the fog lights busted from impact and I am looking for new housings and the car has Depo Red/Smoke LED tails, 20% rear tint, 35% front tint, and H&R sport springs. It has the rear OEM roller cover added and the All weather mats but thats what it has so far. And its auto/sportshift for bumper to bumper commuting. My first auto

Old 09-02-2008, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
shaggs2dope:

that's the absolute PERFECT drop for Fits on factory wheels. when i get my coilovers, i plan on that same ride height. thanks for the visual aid!

Old 09-02-2008, 10:54 PM
On Skunk2 Lowering Springs.
Name:  WashWax001jpga.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  104.8 KB
Name:  SpringInstall001.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  84.6 KB

Old 09-02-2008, 10:59 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Vogtlan springs
Name:  DSC_0143.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  276.2 KB

Old 09-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by SSMGD3
Great thanks. The drop looks nice. I haul heavy stuff all the time, does the rear sag? Are the springs stiff?

The front is soft enough that it doesn't make it too stiff of a ride, but the rear spring rate is quite high. I've had a hitch with 2 bikes and 4 ppl in the car with the trunk full and i never rubbed and it didn't bottom out the car..

tein spring rate is really good..

Old 09-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by chaaree
shaggs2dope:

that's the absolute PERFECT drop for Fits on factory wheels. when i get my coilovers, i plan on that same ride height. thanks for the visual aid!
Thanks for the comment. It really is a good height and they ride really well. It will be perfect too when I swap my wheels. I have to rotate out a couple sets of rims. I have another set chillin at work that I was gonna sell, and the ones on my accord are 17x7 45 offset so they wont rub and it will have perfect tuck offset and clearance, and they are a whopping 14lbs for 17s.

Can't wait to mod more but gotta fix the foglights first. dammed road debris. never let your woman drive any of your cars no matter how easy it is to drive

Old 09-03-2008, 12:19 AM
Its not a ssm but here is my nhbp dropped on eibach pro kit with stockers

Name:  Myfit26.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  124.2 KB

Old 09-03-2008, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
another vote for skunk2 springs. search my username. i used to be on skunk2 springs

Old 09-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
Its not a ssm but here is my nhbp dropped on eibach pro kit with stockers

Damn your car looks sick. How is the ride on the Pro kit? I am really interested in these but I like a stiffer feel. Does the rear seem real stiff? Does it sag at all with heavy loads? My stock suspension sags a ton every time I have a lot of stuff in the back. Thanks for the info.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
Thanks for the comment. It really is a good height and they ride really well. It will be perfect too when I swap my wheels. I have to rotate out a couple sets of rims. I have another set chillin at work that I was gonna sell, and the ones on my accord are 17x7 45 offset so they wont rub and it will have perfect tuck offset and clearance, and they are a whopping 14lbs for 17s.

Can't wait to mod more but gotta fix the foglights first. dammed road debris. never let your woman drive any of your cars no matter how easy it is to drive
wheels sound amazing, can't wait to see them! i NEED a new set of wheels after the coilovers. i just read that the stock wheel + tire weighs in at 32lbs that's 138 lbs on all fours

sucks about your fog lights man, sorry to hear that. my girlfriend isn't even allowed to get into the front passenger seat without my permission!... haha jk. in all seriousness, i've been dicked a few times letting girls drive my car(s). between driving into a parking mound AND a sidewalk (in one shot), roasting my clutch at a FAILED attempt at a burnout (teenage years.. ricer, i know), abandoning the driver's seat in the middle of a busy neighborhood street during the elementary school rush, and backing into a house (separate occasions, different girls), NO GIRL/WOMAN WILL EVER BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE ANY OF MY CARS AS LONG AS I'M FAIRLY CONSCIOUS . i don't mean to generalize, but seriously... filipina girls, FAIL at driving

(sorry for the thread jack)

Old 09-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by SSMGD3
Damn your car looks sick. How is the ride on the Pro kit? I am really interested in these but I like a stiffer feel. Does the rear seem real stiff? Does it sag at all with heavy loads? My stock suspension sags a ton every time I have a lot of stuff in the back. Thanks for the info.
I would say up front the ride quality is pretty close to stock. The back is pretty bumpy and will sag a little bit if you really put tons of weight in there. I had probably 300-400lbs of stuff in the back hatch area and it made it dip down to where it looked like a completely even drop.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
I would say up front the ride quality is pretty close to stock. The back is pretty bumpy and will sag a little bit if you really put tons of weight in there. I had probably 300-400lbs of stuff in the back hatch area and it made it dip down to where it looked like a completely even drop.
Thanks a lot man. I appreciate the feedback. Eibach is looking pretty good right now.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:34 PM
No problem. There is no way i could go lower than I am right now due to the fact that right now if I don't pull into my driveway at just the perfect angle I scrap pretty bad on the underside of the lip ( it will probably crack soon ) and I live in Wisconsin so if I go lower I am going to have big issues with roads and snow.

Ohh by the way you shouldn't have a problem with bump and scrapping unless you have a 6in bump at the end of your driveway for drainage purposes like mine.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
Vogtlan springs
are those ebay fogs? I am lookin for some replacements for my OEMs but dont wanna drop 250 per fog assembly.

and I really wanna powdercoat my OEM wheels gunmetal

these are my 14lb 17s on my accord

and these are my other accord wheels

Old 09-04-2008, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeeFit

I'm interested too! How much you selling them for?

Quick Reply: Pic Request: SSM Sport Dropped on Springs with Stock Wheels