Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Tanabe Air Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Apparently the bolts on the jdm fit and usdm fits have different size bolts to mount the shocks. I'm sure you can find a machiniing shop somewhere to enlarge the holes. So anyone got any info on price?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
jtanoyo1 - Any chance you can show us some pics of those Fits with the air runner suspension. I'd like to see where everything is mounted in the cargo area.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Fa1
This thread is almost two years old...

Old 10-21-2008, 06:50 AM
5 Year Member
too bad ppl are JUST starting to catch on....
anyways..air cobra are for JDM fit only....but will fit usdm with minor modifications.
but they suck ..and over priced and the drop is not much...
real performance air bags are not from air runner either....
and ppl tend to think air bags are for show only, but these guys just proved that wrong, check out HPS-Airride - Pneumatic Suspensions from swiss...
these guys made air suspension work on the track !!
price is very fair and i've asked about usdm honda fit, and they said they can make it.
only thing is they don't offer a PANCAKE TANK.like air runner for hiding it into the spare tire well....
down time is 6-8 weeks but i think it's worth the wait.
price....well u pay for what you get.

Last edited by FELIXY69; 10-21-2008 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:03 AM
5 Year Member
I daily drive mine with the Air Runner set up. No problems.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Anyone actually rolling the HPS competition setup. Airbags generally suck for performance usually, but the fit is a daily driver over shitty roads, and I would actually almost consider air ride at this point to raise it up for some shitty streets, and then go back to slammed, although with airbags you tend to eat tires faster from suspension geometry always changing.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:32 AM
air suspension

I am sure it works great while it stays inflated... an un-inflated system is not a pretty sight! And un-inflation at speed

Old 04-03-2009, 11:30 AM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
If you can run wire's and install springs and asseble valves and fittings, then you could by the UVAIR Aero Sport Single Convoluted Air Spring. they slip on over top of the stock shock or coilover in place of the springs. They are about $150-220 depending on where you buy, and require the approapriate bracket pepending on if its a MacPherson setup or not. I think they would only work on the front of fits. But bottom line airride is a hell of alot cheaper if you find out what companies are using what, then peicing you own kit together with the same parts. But a good basic kit should consist of 2 Viair 400c compressor's, viair's are rebuidable if nessesary. At least 1, 5 gallon tank with 8, 1/2" ports, 1/2=half inch line's, 8, 1/2" 300 PSI Valve's,
1/2" water trap, 1/2" inline oiler, 50 ft of 1/2" line, HE 400psi Dual 1/2" port slam bags for the rear. Other than that 4 way 1/2" manifold with quick connect, white teflon tape. The kind of switchbox you want to run, the wires, and misc electrical. But the point is that so many have bagged there car's that are easy to come buy, and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to build and install your own. You and some friends that are good with there hands could do this in one weekend no prob. Most company's are pretty much using the same parts, and you can prolly buy them cheaper than advertised if you look. If I had more time and moneyI know I could make a air kit for fits that wouldnt require much if any drilling, cutting or welding, and could be put back to stock in a few hours.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:05 PM
what about hydraulics... too heavy?!

Old 04-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
hydraulics is a lil too mexi

Old 04-03-2009, 02:40 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Its not so much thats it to heavy cause you could run it of of the car battery if you just want to raise it or lower it. But it would be slow of off one battery. But the stock suspension on a fit isnt a good set up because the shock and spring are seperate. But the main issue is damage you would need to weld in some plates in the stress points not to buckle the frame and on a unibody car you might as well look foor a new car, cause putting it on a frame machine to stretch it out to spec is going to get expensive fast. Its to easy to break or bend something on a hydrolic setup. Plus even if you only ran enuff power just to raise it and not enuff to damage something your ride quality is going to be horrible, I had a caddillac with DRO's on it and it rode very choppy and bouncy in a hard as a brick sort of way. Bag it. there are these helper bags that install inside the spring they sell on jegs, summit, jcwhitney, (I forget) but they really only raise it so you would have to buy some springs lower than you need and put the bags in but once you release the air you have to fill them up manually like a tire