Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Which LSD

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rabee
Belle tire guy is saying -0.6 the most negative he cud go, anything he is missing
Is the bolt in the "top" or "bottom" strut hole? If it's in the "top" I'm surprised he got that much...

You need to find a local race/performance alignment shop that is in your area and has a SOLID track record and that you can TRUST. Who does the work on your Mustang? Ask around to your local SCCA club for recommendations, some of them may even be able to get you a "hook up."

I used to get my alignments done for a 12 pack Last corner weight and alignment cost me nearly $300... but they had to adjust more than 5/8ths of toe off the car that the 12packers had left... It RADICALLY changed the car to have cross weight within 1% and ACTUALL zero toe and -2.9 of camber up front

Old 05-23-2013, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Nothing that can't be fixed easily though, I am glad we were able to help you enjoy your wife's bday dinner.

FITFREAK.NET SAVING MARRIAGES SINCE 2013

That is on par for signature worthy quot-age right there!!!

Old 05-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Belle tire is still trying, I called SPC in colorado and they gave us some guidance, let us see what they will end up doing...

My Boss is 100% stock, so dealer only at this time.

Will keep you updating you

Old 05-23-2013, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Did a quick google search for you and found these guy's:

ATI Performance Engineering
47199 Cartier Drive
Wixom Mi 48393
248-848-9200 ext 131

From a 'vette forum in your neck of the woods. Discounts to SCCA members. Looks legit!

Thread I found them in: 4 wheel alignment & tire mounting in Metro Detroit area - Corvette Forum

Old 05-23-2013, 03:47 PM
The bottom rubbers were installed correctly but we could not see them when the springs were compressed, but once they lift the car, the springs relaxed and I was able to see part #8!

However at driver side, the springs were touching the rsw bolts when getting compressed, while the car off the lift!

So they put for me a semicircular rubber on the springs at the friction point and now noise is gone!

Belle tire, however, could get me upto -0.6 front camber, after trying 2 seperate belle tire shop and multiple calls to SPC in colorado.

Well at this point I will live with it and update you more about my driving impressions.

Thanks for your help

Old 05-23-2013, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
Glad we were of some service!

Did you get confirmation of which strut bolt hole the camber bolt was in?! My friend just easily got -1.2 on a GE with it in the lower hole...

Try to find a reliable race alignment place like the one I referenced above!!!! I like the Firestone lifetime alignment on my GF's Fit, but I wouldn't let them touch my car with a 10 foot pole!!!

Old 05-23-2013, 04:51 PM
The bolt was placed in the upper hole as recommended by spc people on their website, the lower hole has the stock honda bolt

Old 05-23-2013, 04:53 PM
I mean, -0.6 is not bad for daily driving and tire wear too, but I wanted at least -1

Old 05-23-2013, 05:17 PM
The bolt was placed in the upper hole as recommended by spc people on their website, the lower hole has the stock honda bolt
I mean, -0.6 is not bad for daily driving and tire wear too, but I wanted at least -1
That's why. It makes sense since the shock is pivoting on the top bolt so will get less camber than if it's pivoting on the bottom bolt. Have them put it on the bottom bolt hole instead like has been mentioned, should give you more camber.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
I know they say to put it in the top only... but I have been running 2 bolts for over a year and before that I ran one in the bottom hole for over 2 years. NEVER had the alignment slip or anything else terrible occur. Like Wanderer says, they are going to recomend the top hole to cover the bases, but as you have found out, to get remotely close to -1.0 you need the bottom hole, or two bolts.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:43 PM
So basically if you put the camber bolt in the upper hole you can not gain the negative camber claimed by SPC, on the contrary you ll benefit more if you place it in the lower hole... Interesting.
Why do you guys think SPC recommends the upper hole first? What basis are they trying to cover? Would it affect the stability and the consistency of the alignment?

Old 05-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Why do you guys think SPC recommends the upper hole first? What basis are they trying to cover? Would it affect the stability and the consistency of the alignment?
Potentially, yes, i'm pretty sure the bottom bolt sees more force than the top bolt, I am just thinking critically, theoretically, but I would assume this would be why they would "cover bases" by suggesting the top hole.

What I do know is that lots of people run them on the bottom or even TWO bolts and they've held just fine in situations with much more strain than daily driving. I do not myself, so I will let them comment if they want. I will be getting these myself after I get new tires.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member

For me, 75+K miles and coming up on two years of regular SCCA Solo racing. Zero issues. Heck, my two sets of bolts are even from two different companies. Annoys alignment folks to no end as it takes like 5 different wrenches and 2 sockets to work with them

Old 05-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Being at -0.6, am I still more negative than stock?
Did not have stock camber measured because the first alignment done was after my springs/bolts installed

Old 05-23-2013, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
Being at -0.6, am I still more negative than stock?
Did not have stock camber measured because the first alignment done was after my springs/bolts installed
Maybe?.. I don't know the factory spec. Did they give you a print out? The print out should list the factory specifications...

Honestly... Until I went up to -1.5 I didn't notice the difference. Then when I went as close as I could get to -3.0 it made a MUCH bigger difference!!!

Old 05-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Just to spice up the evening

Tomorrow I am going to Gingerman raceway in South Haven, MI, will have 2 days HPDE.

Next event I will take my Fit

Old 05-23-2013, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
Just to spice up the evening

Tomorrow I am going to Gingerman raceway in South Haven, MI, will have 2 days HPDE.

Next event I will take my Fit
Fixed that for you

SEXY CAR

Old 05-23-2013, 07:13 PM
How can you post picture itself?
I tried to copy/paste method and it only gave me the link

Old 05-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by TPColgett
Fixed that for you

SEXY CAR
Have you taken your Fit to the track? If yes, what did you think about it?
If no, why?

Old 05-23-2013, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
You need to copy specifically the "direct link" or "Image URL" I clicked your link, then right clicked your pic and pasted the image URL in for you

I was talking to a guy who said the Boss comes with two keys, a red and a blue and one has a different ECU tune?!

If you get the Fit to an HPDE we want pics here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ussion-16.html

I do lots of SCCA Solo, but no track day yet. I had been waiting till I had quality pads and fluids in the brakes. Several guy's I know have tracked GD's and GE's. The general reply for lightly modded cars has been FUN but slow LOL

Quick Reply: Which LSD