Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

lowered ride to rough

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
the problem with most cars is that even if they have 4x4 stance, the spring rates are so low that they bottom out all the time. my brother had a 1987 crown vic and even though it had OEM everything, it bottomed out on the freeway because the springs were so soft.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:06 PM
to answer the question about the bump stops
Name:  GEDC0107.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  13.3 KB
it is between a half and 3 quaters of an inch
should i cut more off?

Old 02-21-2012, 10:07 PM
this picture was taken on a small incline so there is a little more weight in the back. not much

Old 03-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Well guys i thought i would check back in, i cant continue to ride in this wheelbarrow of a vehicle these eibach springs are giving me scoliosis prolly.

I will not accept 1" down on the other ones and i will never accept all that wheelgap on factory springs and the sail-boat like handling properties.

So im here to tell you i found another way.
I am modifying the stock springs.
And no im not saying im going to, there about half way done right now.
Will check back in soon
-dave

Old 04-09-2012, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
Why not go with a different lowering spring rather than cutting the oem ones? You'll be shortening the travel and increasing the spring rates like a lowering spring does except the results will be unpredictable.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
I wrote off Eibach springs in 1985 after destroying numerous front struts and eventually the strut towers on a VW Pickup and my back... I love the looks of a lowered car but not when it has resulted in making the car dysfunctional and punishing to own and drive... I really like the way Swift springs work so well with the stock struts and dampers and would still have them on my car if I didn't have ground clearance problems on my GD3 sport.. They don't drop the GE model Fits down as much in front so they would work well for me if I owned that car... I read and questioned people that were using coil over kits and finally decided to get some Buddy Club N-1s on a group buy from Bean...They are stiffer than the Swift springs but with adjustable height, preload and damping they are working out well for me.. I have the height set at about the stock height with the damping set a little stiff in front to prevent dragging the front lip when entering driveways or driving on poorly maintained rural roads... I will need to raise it up a little more when I install an after market front bumper I picked up awhile back... Around here the guys that are into driving fast cars or just cruising parking lots on Saturday nights don't have severely dropped cars since they all drive their cars daily and would rather work on improving performance instead of repairing damage done because they want to make a fashion statement... Seeing pieces of OEM plastic body cladding laying on the side of roads or ready to fall off of cars, trucks and vans is pretty common here. A guy that owns a body shop says that it's impossible to not damage cars with low clearance and plastic bumpers and lips.. Why make a bad situation worse by making your car sit closer to the ground?

Old 04-21-2012, 06:30 PM
The low life.
or no life at all