Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

J's Racing Engine Torque Damper (ETD)..install question

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 04:47 AM
J's Racing Engine Torque Damper (ETD)..install question

Hi all,

Just got a J's racing front strut brace and the engine torque damper that goes with it (HKS Turbo kit and $$$$ worth of other parts are going on it so its not just for show :P ). I've installed the strut brace and have come to the 'hard' part of the install, the torque damper.

To install the bracket that mounts the ETD onto the engine mount it appear I have to under the 3 bolts on the mount. This is the part I am unsure about.

If I undo these 3 (they all have to come off at once) will the engine move/(worst case scenario) drop out of the car?

I've attached some pics of the bracket and the bolts so you have an idea of what I am talking about. Every other ETD I've seen has been 1 or 2 bolts at most on the block or mount and look like a 2 minute eyes closed job.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I've never seen another Jazz/Fit with one installed on the forums otherwise I'd have asked them for some advice

I have also used my extreme mspaint skills to label the holes and bolts with corresponding numbers.

Name:  bracket_.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  106.4 KB

Name:  enginemount_.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  149.1 KB

Last edited by kummaz; 07-08-2010 at 04:55 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:53 AM
5 Year Member
I don't have one of these but I'm just eye balling the brackets for the J's ETD you have and they seem pretty similar to Spoon's. Two links with pictures is below of the Spoon's installed.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/aj-r...lable-now.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/aj-r...ue-damper.html

Also, I don't know if there is a difference, but are you sure that you have the right ETD for your right hand drive Fit/Jazz?

Edit: Hopefully another person will chime in soon, its just now hitting 6 AM Easter Time in the US and most of the active forum member's are from North America.

Last edited by Hootie; 07-08-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:58 AM
The spoon one only bolts onto bolt #3 shown in the picture (from what I have seen of the pictures of brackets and it installed on the net).

This is the correct part for the JDM GD3 and it lines up no worries at all. I am just concerned about undoing the 3 nuts on those bolts and having them off at the same time.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kummaz
The spoon one only bolts onto bolt #3 shown in the picture (from what I have seen of the pictures of brackets and it installed on the net).

This is the correct part for the JDM GD3 and it lines up no worries at all. I am just concerned about undoing the 3 nuts on those bolts and having them off at the same time.
Just use a block of wood and a jack and put it under the engine and lift it some. That will allow you to loosen the bolts, install the bracket, and then tighten everything back up again.

I've replaced engine mounts without having the engine out of the bay before doing it this way.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Yeah I'm still not liking that whole idea tbh, I think I'll just get it done when I get all the work done and some better engine/tranny mounts installed.

Thanks for your help though