Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Installing T1R Coilover Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Installing T1R Coilover Question

Can someone tell me where I circle in the picture if I am suppose to match the height of the stock suspension with the coilovers? Because it seems like if I raised it too high it will raise my car and if I lower it too much it will lower it.

I am confused a bit as to which part lowers the car. Is it where I circled or is it the perches under the spring? Please help.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
thats the part to lower the car, just loosen the bottom screw thing then use the upper screws to move the entire thread up or down as desired.. kinda confusing to explain but very simple process

Old 01-17-2010, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Okay I am stuck now on the fronts. What part do I need to reuse for the T1R? It seems like I don't need to reuse the top hats from the stock assembly. But won't that cause metal to metal noise? PLease help ASAP.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
So I finished the install this pass weekend. It took 8 hours but it was worth it. Though I had a toe out, but that was corrected with an alignment. I still have adjust all sides to make it a little bit more even. I do hear a slight pop when I do full turns. I am sure it is from the endlinks. Is there a proper way to install them?
I also feel the car pulling a very small amount to the right. My friend says its from the uneven drop. Is this true?

I did reuse the stock top hat rubber mount above the stock shock assembly and the engine bay rubber mount. Though AJ Racing said its a straight drop, but I really don't want to pull them out and reinstall the top hat.

One thing I can tell people install coilovers by themselves is to take time and have someone help you, because doing it yourself without power tools suck.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
thats the part to lower the car, just loosen the bottom screw thing then use the upper screws to move the entire thread up or down as desired.. kinda confusing to explain but very simple process
Actually you loosen the bottom locking nut and raise it up and then rotate the whole assembly up to meet with the locking nut. You start messing with the spring perch and you are beginning to mess with the loading on the spring. If you don't really know what you are doing you can screw with your car's handling even though going with a better suspension.

Maybe this is what you were saying?