Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Integra Type-R front disc brake installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
Input the changes...

thanx.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
Evotech, you have any pics? I too have 15" Konig Heliums and would like to see how it all came together. Just can't see paying $225 for a rotor.

Mad props to Jodele for figuring this out.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by binaryh4x
Evotech, you have any pics? I too have 15" Konig Heliums and would like to see how it all came together. Just can't see paying $225 for a rotor.
No pics yet, but soon.
I'm waiting for my modified type-r caliper bracket exchange from fastbrakes.com. Should have it all together by next week.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:38 AM
5 Year Member

Mad props to Jodele for figuring this out.
I just installed the front brakes yesterday, and the caliper will clear with 16" Volk TE37s without spacer/ wheel studs. In case anyone else has that setup.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
take some pictures and post them here...

Old 08-07-2009, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Clearance the caliper

Has anyone tried grinding down the caliper slightly to clear the stock sport wheels? I used to have an Eclipse GST and we did this to fit the GSX calipers under the stock wheels without any ill affects.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
Pics anyone?

Old 08-14-2009, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DynamicFit
I just installed the front brakes yesterday, and the caliper will clear with 16" Volk TE37s without spacer/ wheel studs. In case anyone else has that setup.
Which rotor did you go with?

Old 08-16-2009, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
So basically i can install the type-r calilpers and rotors and not have to get longer studs? That's the only thing stopping me, is getting longer studs.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
So basically i can install the type-r calilpers and rotors and not have to get longer studs? That's the only thing stopping me, is getting longer studs.
Those wheels in your sig look similar to the Heliums, so I would guess you could pull it off without the new studs.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
The longer studs are to compensate for the use of wheel spacers. If your wheels already clear the larger rotors and calipers without the use of spacers, then there is no need for longer studs.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
I finally have pics of my Budget Big Brakes!

Click on my album since i'm having issues posting pics in this thread.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/album.php?albumid=284

1. Zeckhausen.com ITR calipers $79-each
2. Fastbrakes.com Integra 11" rotors $48-each
3. Fastbrakes.com modified ITR caliper bracket for 07'-08 Fit (exchange only) $60/pr. Call and ask for Brian. Mention its for a Fit application.

Total Cost: $314-

And no Spacers or Studs needed!

Old 08-17-2009, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
Nice pictures...

I didn't see the two little Philips screws to hold the disc to the hub in your pictures. It didn't look like the holes line up on the fastbake discs?

What kind of brakes do you have on the back? Do you have the T1R discs back there?

What shocks are installed on your car?

Old 08-17-2009, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Nice work!

Old 08-17-2009, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Nice pictures...
I didn't see the two little Philips screws to hold the disc to the hub in your pictures. It didn't look like the holes line up on the fastbake discs?
yea, the fastbrakes.com discs have the phillip screw holes offset due to the dual bolt pattern. But it really doesn't matter after the caliper/wheels are bolted on it stays put. Most other cars I had don't have this phillip screw feature anyways.

What kind of brakes do you have on the back? Do you have the T1R discs back there?
Stock for now, but I have the T1R rear disc brake conversion sitting on my kitchen floor. Tackle it next weekend. Need to order pad shims and clips.
What shocks are installed on your car?
Skunk2 Pro-C coilovers

Old 08-17-2009, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Anyone know of a higher capacity brake master cylinder that will bolt on a Fit?

i know in civics with big brake upgrades use later model integra gsr or rsx master cylinders. Something about the extra fluid volume needed to compensate for the larger caliper piston and maintain stock pedal travel.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:52 PM
I would also be intrested in some info pertaining to the break master....I have some SSBC breaks sitting on my table in the basment and need a ying to my preverbial yang...

also need to take some spelling lessons...
thanks in advance
Cam

Old 08-21-2009, 06:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DynamicFit
Which discs did you use?

Are you running the stock rear brakes or do you have the T1R rear disc conversion?

How do you like the "new" brakes?

Old 08-21-2009, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
Which rotor did you go with?
I went with the Stop Tech Aero Rotors. If you plan on going with the Aero rotors, I would recommend that you check the caliper bracket before starting any part of the installation. There should be two numbers stamped on the bracket, one with a T in the front. If you receive the T27 bracket it will not clear the Stop Tech aero rotor. Unfortunately Zeckhausen sent me one caliper with the T31 bracket and the other caliper with a T27. Although both brackets look identical, the T31 has the space necessary to fit the slightly thicker rotor. Make sure to check this before doing your install. I had to go to a junkyard to find the correct caliper in a hurry. I'll put pics up soon.

Also I am currently running this setup with the T1R rear brakes. I highly recommend running thicker discs in the front and the rear as well, it seems to me that the larger caliper in the front has caused the point of braking contact to move lower on the brake pedal. Thicker rotors front and rear should help with this, otherwise a new brake master would be required, if anyone else has noticed this issue.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Evotech8
Anyone know of a higher capacity brake master cylinder that will bolt on a Fit?

i know in civics with big brake upgrades use later model integra gsr or rsx master cylinders. Something about the extra fluid volume needed to compensate for the larger caliper piston and maintain stock pedal travel.

My brakes feel pretty good with the thicker rotors in the front. I'm thinking if I swap out the rear ones for aero rotors as well, the pedal travel will be similar to stock. I am experiencing the same issue, and thought that it was air in the system, but realized that the larger caliper needed more fluid for the same amount of movement. If I find anything I'll give you a heads up.

Otherwise loving the setup. I used the stock pads given to me with both the calipers and the rear disc conversion, and my car stops like a champ. Sometimes it feels as though it grabs too hard (too sensitive), I'm glad I'm not running more aggressive pads.

Quick Reply: Integra Type-R front disc brake installation