Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

t1r dampers/springs or new tires..?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
t1r dampers/springs or new tires..?

so, I finally have a lil money to "mod" with..bout 600 n that's leavin me sorta with 2 options...summer tires or t1r dampers/spring combo n keep the stock dunlops on till next year...?
Messing around in parking lots/what I'd like to call ghetto autox I'm getting understeer before tires are able to really brake lose but I know they aren't gripping the best with turns ranging from 25-45mph. I know lowering the car will help a itsy bitsy bit with handling n look sexy as tits lol, but considering most everyone here that's done any susp. mods has seemed to have swapped tires is makin me thinkin of goin that direction over lowering...
any/all input...yea, I'd love to read it.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
get better wheels/tires then lower it.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:13 PM
How much life is left on your original tires? I'm in a similar situation, but I'm definitely getting tires first since 2 of my stock ones are just about done.

Just be warned, if you get nice sticky rubber you'll feel the need for a better suspension even more than you already do . . .

Old 04-14-2009, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
I can make it till next summer on the dunlops. Only have around 8k on em
Any rec. dew?
If I remember last time I was lookin at tires fer summer the direzzas ran well for the $$ n yea, max is $100/tire

Old 04-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
If the tires will last then go for it and get the suspension.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:27 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Damn I didnt realize the t1r springs and dampers are only around $550.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:15 AM
5 Year Member
i would say tires and get some camber bolts to give more negative camber in the front which can help in reducing understeer.

its all up to youuuu

Old 04-15-2009, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
yea, they're about 600 shipped for ajr to me lol, why it's so tempting

just thought of something though...to reduce understeer do you guys think I could copy what we do for beginner drifter and use crap tires..dunlops in this case in the rear n some better tires up front to make the rear slide a bit more?

Old 04-15-2009, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shazaam
yea, they're about 600 shipped for ajr to me lol, why it's so tempting
wow that is a good deal.... i love the T1R S-spec damper and springs. had them since november and i enjoy them

just thought of something though...to reduce understeer do you guys think I could copy what we do for beginner drifter and use crap tires..dunlops in this case in the rear n some better tires up front to make the rear slide a bit more?
i guess... you could do crappy tires in the back and like -2 camber front lol. but i dont know, be careful!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kingsize
wow that is a good deal.... i love the T1R S-spec damper and springs. had them since november and i enjoy them

i guess... you could do crappy tires in the back and like -2 camber front lol. but i dont know, be careful!
lol, yea it's sorta a weird idea lol but maybe it'd be helpful

Old 04-15-2009, 08:01 PM
to reduce understeer do you guys think I could copy what we do for beginner drifter and use crap tires..dunlops in this case in the rear n some better tires up front to make the rear slide a bit more?
Be very very careful in doing this on a street driven car! You aren't so much reducing understeer as you are introducing a hefty dose of snap oversteer. Snap oversteer may be nifty on a drifting track but it hella sucks on a rain slicked road full of traffic. If your stock tires are good I say lower away! The lowered suspension will quickly finish off the tires and then you can get those too.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
I've the type one spring, i love it!
but I dont know if i'll buy the damper or switch to full coilover.
I think coilover will be better for the track.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
fcuk. well according to scca to stay in hstock I need stock springs/oem height n stiffness..but I can have adjustable dampers/adj. valving. n i also can't use camber plates...but nothing about camber bolts.. Also no rear antiswaybar But I could use strut and c pillar by the way the rules are put. or whatever other bracing...like maybe subframe.
lol, i wanna lower it so bad but I also don't wanna be in sts class at events cause yea...my booty would get pwnt...then again, who cares cause it's all fer fun n there'll prolly be some dummyhead ricers that go all out with random stuff n end up in stx or something lol.

hate making this decision.

crap lol, no strut bar :P but a c pillar isn't mentioned or subframe stuff lolz.

Last edited by shazaam; 04-16-2009 at 12:23 AM.