Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Swaybar

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor
Swaybar

Does anyone know if there's any difference for the front swaybar size between EDM or JDM Fit ?

Old 03-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I have not found any companies to even be offering Sway bars for the GD Chasis....

Old 03-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Former Vendor
I am pretty sure that the car doesn't come with a rear sway. So I am not sure if the EDM or JDM has bigger swaybars or not.

I did some research too and I don't see any companies offer any swaybars for the Fit.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:15 PM
If one was made I would see it in the Hyper Rev Fit book which I dont. If there are any differences between any suspension components from EDM to JDM to USDM, it is most likely in the shock valving and spring rates, not the size of the sway bar.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I realy do not see the need of the extra support of a sway bar or larger sway bar for the Fit in it's current state. I mean with the 109hp it is not going to be experiencing anything more that the advanced chasis was designed for. I could see if there was a forced induction system installed, R18, or K Series installed.

Old 04-08-2006, 03:43 AM
Former Vendor
I have been looking into the new Si cuz it has the identical suspension to the Fit and I will find out if the rear sway can be apply on the Fit or not.

Old 04-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Fit/Jazz only has a front sway bar. The only mod I have seen in Japan is fitting a later model (thicker) sway bar to the older model car or the bar off the 1.5 on the 1.3. The NA model should already have this largest bar from the factory. No aftermarket product replacement available yet. Disappointed that Whiteline hasn't developed one.

The strut bars work very effectively. Especially with all of them fitted. Front Upper, Front Lower, Lower H Bar, C Pillar, Rear boot, Rear lower, Behind rear bumper and chasis ties.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
That would be intereting if the Si one will fit on the Fit, but I'm not really sure if it will need it

Old 04-17-2006, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vividjazz
Fit/Jazz only has a front sway bar. The only mod I have seen in Japan is fitting a later model (thicker) sway bar to the older model car or the bar off the 1.5 on the 1.3. The NA model should already have this largest bar from the factory. No aftermarket product replacement available yet. Disappointed that Whiteline hasn't developed one.

The strut bars work very effectively. Especially with all of them fitted. Front Upper, Front Lower, Lower H Bar, C Pillar, Rear boot, Rear lower, Behind rear bumper and chasis ties.
I just installed the rear strut bars and C Pillar bars from Cusco. They're excellent.

Old 04-22-2006, 05:39 AM
What's C Pillar bars ? Can U show us the picture ?

Old 04-22-2006, 06:55 AM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by mightyjazz
What's C Pillar bars ? Can U show us the picture ?
It runs up high between the tops of the rear seat belt bolts. Great for also hanging your washing on to dry.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
This is what the C-Pillar Bar looks like from J's Racing

Old 04-22-2006, 11:33 AM
I know when I had my jetta....solid rear beam like the fit the rear sway bar was a night and day difference.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by AJ PwR Jr.
I have been looking into the new Si cuz it has the identical suspension to the Fit and I will find out if the rear sway can be apply on the Fit or not.
Jazz does have a rear sway bar. Is inside the U beam rear supension.

There are different sway bar for the front. Some ppl driving the 1.3 (GD1) model will upgrade to a 1.5L (GD3) model.

If you are talking about the NA Civic SI. Both front and rear supension is totally different from the Fit.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitDaddy
I know when I had my jetta....solid rear beam like the fit the rear sway bar was a night and day difference.
yeah, same here. it wouldnt be very hard to make one like the SRS bar where it goes inside the rear beam axle or whatever the terminology is.

Old 04-27-2006, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
if you guys can hold out about a month or so, Eibach should have a sway bar kit coming out. How do I know?

They're using my car for R&D!

Old 04-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by claymore
RCBear, I think you better look again. I checked the Repair manual and there is NO rear swaybar. I looked at my Jazz and ALL the images in the Honda repair manual and the FRONT one is called the STABILIZER BAR and there is NO REAR one, inside or outside, of the axle. So if you have some source for your info please let us know better yet some photos. I have been waiting for a long time for someone to come out with a retro-fit one but no luck yet.
Hi Clymore...

Look at the pictures i've attached..

The first picture, is the back of the rear axle beam. If you look closely, there is a rod inside the frame. That's honda axle beam version of a SwayBar, STABILIZER BAR.. whatever u want to call it.

This is a closer look ... you see a square box shape thingie.. that is the Dynamic Damper. clamping to the rear Swaybar.. to reduce vibration.

The reason for you not seeing the part in the shop menu doesn't mean it doesn't have such item. This swaybar is build in with the rear axle beam. so, it can't be taken out. The only replacement part is the entire rear axle beam.

Old 04-29-2006, 12:38 PM
^interesting......

Old 04-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Talking

I think this shows once again that we in NA can't take for gospil what other Jazz / Fit owners from around the world say about our cars. Everyday there seems to be further findings on how our car is built different (superior)

Old 04-30-2006, 04:22 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Great pictures and giving an answer...

Quick Reply: Swaybar