Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Enduratechs w/ Different Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Exclamation Enduratechs w/ Different Springs?

Anyone know what the enduratechs would be like with stiffer springs (Skunk2 or something)? I want the enduratechs but the low spring rate worries me. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 11-20-2008, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Swap in some Swift springs.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:05 PM
I have been thinking about the same thing. I went from Swift springs to the Enduratechs, and am considering putting my rear Swifts back in and getting 6k Swift coilover replacements for the front. The Enduratechs are really excellent, but I would like a little firmer feel. Not going to mess with it until after the winter though I think. The Enduratechs really do rock, they just feel a little softer than the Swifts. Anysways please let us all know what you end up trying.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:26 AM
Will do, but you really do like your enduratechs? I almost have enough $$ for them but someone is selling their cusco coilovers right now for 750 and I am debating on getting those instead. Do you have any pics of your fit w/ the enduratechs? Are they TO soft? How soft do they compare to stock (hows the body roll)?

Old 11-21-2008, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
you can change spring rates, my D2's had 6k F and 4k R, way toooo soft for me, plus i modded the rear so i could slam the Fit. ordered 8kF and 6.3kR and its cool not, kinda rough ride, but my DA9 was the same so im used to it.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah Sam, now that I'm used to the different feel of the Enduratechs (couple weeks of driving), I really like them a lot. That being said they are a softer street oriented setup, but handle rough roads better than swifts on oem dampers (braking and acceleration on any surface are a lot better too). You could also consider the Skunk2 pro-c's, TEIN streets, or other setups that have damping adjustability. As for looks, I have mine raised even a little higher than the swifts (3 finger gap all around), for the winter and just to see how much difference lowering really makes in handling. So I don't have any pictures, and its not the best look at the moment, but they can be set to be very low as well, I think (-2") to (-3") (they come set at -1.5"), so the look can be anything you want really, from stock to slammed. Anyways, sorry I can't really say their absolutely perfect and to get them, but they are really superb in a lot of ways (compliant, sporty, quality).

(to actually answer your question a little, way less roll than stock and much sportier in general. I've been driving around on my swifts for most of the life of my car, but I remember the original ride was nothing like the endura's. The dampers are a THOUSAND times better than the oem ones (the Fits weakest link IMHO). Pretty much reason enough in my book to get coilovers, but check out T1R's just released adjustable dampers as well, which could be paired with pretty much any lowering spring)

p.s. Talk to Kenchan on fitfreak, he has endura's and is very friendly and knowledgeable (just be warned he is like the poster boy for enduratech =)).

Cheers

Last edited by wesdog; 11-21-2008 at 10:12 PM.