Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

D2 Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
you think the buddy club are better, why?

Old 01-21-2009, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
Someone threw out a suggestion, and i thought i'd add one as well. I've been contemplating the buddy clubs, and i've contacted buddy club and they said they fit the USDM fits with no modifications needed. They're priced well for what they do, and after looking at reviews on other applications, they seem like a great product for the price. Just my two cents.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Can someone with the D2 coilovers installed on there fit take a photo of the front top mount. It says that it has camber adjustments, I just want to see how you can adjust them.
Thanks!

Old 01-23-2009, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
I just got my D2 coilovers today, but I'm not sure how you would adjust the camber on them as well. They don't have camber plates or anything. Any body have some tips or advice for the install they want to throw in aswell go right ahead.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eriko
Can someone with the D2 coilovers installed on there fit take a photo of the front top mount. It says that it has camber adjustments, I just want to see how you can adjust them.
Thanks!
According to the Ebay page this is a pic of the top strut (mount?) of the coilover (note this is a pic from the "pink" looking D2s on Ebay.

Though it looks purple to me. Are these the same as the "purple D2s?
And if so why is there a difference in price from 812 on one ebay page to 893.75 for the RS ones. I ask because I went onto D2s site and they don't have but the RS coilovers and other coilovers that don't even look like these!

Old 02-03-2009, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member
I went onto D2's site and checked out the RS and all the other coilovers they have on their site. They list their Coilovers as RS coilovers, Drag, Rally, Drift, Pro Spec, Also Air Suspension and of course replacement springs.

The "Pink" Full suspension coilovers don't look like the RS coilovers. They do though look like the rally coilovers (though on D2s site the Rallys are dark purple)

The "Purple" D2s on ebay look like the RS ones except that on the D2 site the RS coilovers look "pinkish:

Suffice to say that I emailed both auctions to get the model numbers that they were selling. Also note that on the first auction D2 full suspension (on ebay) the description also says they fit the 90-93 Accord when clearly it's a ebay auction for a 07+ Honda Fit.

Though they make D2s for the 90-93 Accord, the model number is not the same as the Fit model numbers:

07-08 Honda Fit Model numbers:
D2 RS coilovers: D2-H119
D2 Rally coilovers: D2-H119RA
D2 Drag coilovers: D2-H119DR

09 Honda Fit Model numbers:
D2 RS coilovers: D2-H119-1
D2 Rally Coilovers: D2-H119-1RA
D2 Drag coilovers: D2-H119-1DR

90-93 Honda Accord model Numbers:
D2 RS coilovers: D2-H16

OK too much info on the D2s going to bed now LOL!!

Old 02-05-2009, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Skytraveler
I went onto D2's site and checked out the RS and all the other coilovers they have on their site. They list their Coilovers as RS coilovers, Drag, Rally, Drift, Pro Spec, Also Air Suspension and of course replacement springs.

The "Pink" Full suspension coilovers don't look like the RS coilovers. They do though look like the rally coilovers (though on D2s site the Rallys are dark purple)

The "Purple" D2s on ebay look like the RS ones except that on the D2 site the RS coilovers look "pinkish:

Suffice to say that I emailed both auctions to get the model numbers that they were selling. Also note that on the first auction D2 full suspension (on ebay) the description also says they fit the 90-93 Accord when clearly it's a ebay auction for a 07+ Honda Fit.

Though they make D2s for the 90-93 Accord, the model number is not the same as the Fit model numbers:

07-08 Honda Fit Model numbers:
D2 RS coilovers: D2-H119
D2 Rally coilovers: D2-H119RA
D2 Drag coilovers: D2-H119DR

09 Honda Fit Model numbers:
D2 RS coilovers: D2-H119-1
D2 Rally Coilovers: D2-H119-1RA
D2 Drag coilovers: D2-H119-1DR

90-93 Honda Accord model Numbers:
D2 RS coilovers: D2-H16

OK too much info on the D2s going to bed now LOL!!

must be false coilovers for sell???

Old 02-05-2009, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
Ok here are the explanations I got in a nut shell. Both ebay shops tell me the model number they are selling are: D2-H119s (which are the RS coilovers from D2).

StyleJDM replied (they are the ones selling the D2 RS 36way coils), replied and told me that the picture they use is generic and that the coilover looks different then the picture. I asked them if the RS coils come with the camber plates, they said the fronts did not come with camber plates that I would have to use my OEM plates. (huh??)

The other auction is by: Rushkits (the Full suspension pink looking ones). There description says that the coilovers come with:
Pillow ball mounts included w/ camber plates!

They also told me that the model number is D2-H119s. They are also using a generic photo as they advertise D2 coils for all sorts of other cars and they all have the same pic on them. I even got an email from the sales manager confirming the model number and a price of 790 shipped if I clicked on a link he provided for me in the email he sent back (btw the email was not to my ebay messages section but to my actual email address I provided in the first place; note that stylejdm only replied through the ebay email sections).

The only thing I'm waiting for is a confirmation that the coils come with the camber plates like they are advertising.

Yeah I'm still confused but I am really liking these coils!!

BTW here is the exact email I've sent to Rush Kits for some more info:

Before I go and decide to get these, please confirm that these coilovers come with the camber plates in the front like the description says:
Pillow ball mounts included w/ camber plates!

There's another auction that sells the D2-H119s but they don't come with the camber plates.

Is there a way to get a real picture of what the coilovers (the D2-H119s look like). Your auction seems to use a generic picture just like the other guys selling the D2s.

I would like to see a picture of the actual coilovers that I would get if I got these from you guys.

Thank you for your time and patience

Sincerely,

Hopefully they will reply with a good picture of the D2-H119s and I'll post it here!!

peace,

Last edited by Skytraveler; 02-05-2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: more info!!
Old 02-05-2009, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
pm member rvall or unfitone and request for a picture of theirs??

I know those 2 has it

Old 02-05-2009, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
I just got the reply email from the sales rep at Rushkits here's what he said:

D2-H119 – does not come with camber plates in the front or rear
D2-H119 – also does not come with aluminum top mounts, it uses the stock mounts

SO that means that the D2 coils that have the camber plates (which are the ones i'm interested in are not the regular Rs coils (the D2-H119s).

Gotta figure out which D2s come with the camber plates in the front or I'm just going to look for other coils

peace,

Old 02-06-2009, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member
where's the cheapest place to purchase D2 coilovers online?

Old 02-07-2009, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Ok finally got an answer from D2 themselves on the D2 coils

As far as the D2-H119s are concerned they do not come with camber plates for the fit!

"Thank you for your inquiry,

The D2 RS coilovers do not come with (nor are they available) camber plates for the Honda Fit application. The reason is that the camber is not adjusted through the upper mount on your chassis. It is adjusted through the upper control arm. Basically a camber plate would do you no benefit for that chassis. Thank you"

I just wanted to let everyone know about the camber plates not working on the Fit.

Thinking of just going to springs now! LOL

peace,

Old 02-07-2009, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
whats the big deal if it comes with camber or not...u can always buy a camber kit for the front which is about 25 bucks.

cheapest place i seen and they have excellent cutomer service is hopupracing.com $812 shipped

Old 02-07-2009, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Sure I can buy a camber kit but it's the principle of the thing: if someone advertises that it comes with camber plates then it should come with camber plates. If the coilovers come with camber plates on certain applications then it should be advertised that the camber plates come in some applications not all.

One of the auctions listed advertises that it comes with camber plates, when questioned about it, they tell me that it does not come with the plates.

False advertising is what I'm talking about.

Now of course whether I get coils or springs is strictly up to me. I've always wanted coilovers but I might lean towards the springs now.

peace,

Old 02-08-2009, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
and where was the advertisment on ebay..or on their site..if it was on ebay then what can u expect

Old 02-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Its not false advertisement. You cant get camber plates on the Fit. You adjust the camber at the hub where the bottom of the coilover strut mounts.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:03 AM
i have them on my car...
stiff and good...
can go a little lower i think half or so inches but the road in hawaii w/ pot holes and hills are crazy...

Name:  SDC10341.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  91.1 KB
Name:  SDC10343.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  90.4 KB

Last edited by 808duece; 02-09-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:12 AM
our cars dont have camber plates on the top.
its just a srew.
they also give you a set of new tie rods.
and the tie rod was kinda hard to figure cause it hit the wall or the struts or i more place when you turn.
so kinda fun putting it on...

this is the site where i got mines.
Suspension Performance - D2 Racing Sports RS Coilover System Honda Fit Free Shipping!!!
mines was shipped to hawaii so i had to pay $100 for shipping.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Whats Up! 808Duece,
Can you tell me wat size rims you running? I am planning on getting these coilsovers for my fit. How bad was your alignment afta your install? So shipping was 100 bucks to Hawaii, good now I know how much I going to spend on these. And so the ride is good hah, thats good cause I wasn't sure how good these would be.
Aloha!

Old 02-10-2009, 04:36 AM
pretty good ride for how low i got the car.
alignment wasnt to bad but you still have to do it. but more me im lazy at the moment to do it.
rims is 15" its the drag dr16.
so easy to find those rims.
only problem i having is that the car to drop my tires are hitting my back fenders.
also lazy to raise it up.

where in hawaii do you live?
if oahu you should come to our montly cruise.
their should be one happening at the end of the month.

Quick Reply: D2 Coilovers