Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Megan coilover installed ---> feed back

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
Megan coilover installed ---> feed back

Ok...so this is my Second set of coilovers on the fit and my first experience on the megan suspsnsion items, i've heard alot of ppl say Megan is total crap and that they are ebay company and made in TW...etc.. etc....but i decided to give it a try anyways so i got a set for $1000 shipped to Canada.

before the Megan i had the T1R coilover overs for alittle over a year,
the T1R's were great, had really good dampeing, and it feels really good around corners with 6K f/r springs, but after a few months when i tried to do some adjusting on the adjusting knobs on the top of the coilover, the CLICK were gone and i would keep turning and turning, it wouldn't stop and it wouldn't click at each position, so which i had no idea how much i was turning it...so what eva i lived with un-balanced coilover for at least 10 months, untill i started hearing clunking noises from the front, turns out the shock purch were ovalized on both sides , and YES I DID MAKE SURE ALL THE LOCKING RINGS WERE TIGHT, and THAT IT WAS AT THE PROPER HEIGHT. anyways so it went ovalized till the point it was dangerours to drive on. so i change to Megan.

but before that there were a few fitment issues, like for the rear shock, the lower purch would be too fat it would hit and rub on the swing arm, which i had to grind down. and the end link were still too long and cannot be use with aftermarket sway bar. and the spring started rusting and paint were coming off ( i believe that's normal )

these are the reason why i changed to Megan--> reasonable priced

here are some changed i made to the megan to fit my needs
since the MEgan really didn't go low enough i had to re use the Spring on the T1R on the megan and the rear Spring as well were reused from the T1R
i have them for over a week now and the feeling are great. all the problems are gone and there were no fitment issues, and install was super easy only thing was you can only get 0.5 degreees negative camber on the front as the slots weren't as long as T1R but i am going to grind that out and have more negative camber.

Cornering on the Megan isn't as good and not as stable as the T1R, but i believe i still gota fine tune the setting, as there are 36 Clicks,

hope this helps for ppl who are looking to buy coilovers

Old 09-27-2008, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
i have megans, and i feels it corners really great.. and from i know i'm sure they're stiffer than the t1r's.. but i could be wrong

Old 09-27-2008, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
i love mine.

play with your settings a little more.

also show some pics of what your grinding off cause i want some negative camber too

Old 09-27-2008, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm
i love mine.

play with your settings a little more.

also show some pics of what your grinding off cause i want some negative camber too

will do !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 04:29 PM
I had a set of Megan on my 240sx for 18 months with no complaints about the components. 12 of those months I was delivering pizza. Pizza plus boost is a lot of fun in a rural/suburb area.

I will tell you that the spring rates were too high even for the dampers they were matched with. At least this is how I felt. They did their job and hold up over time if you keep them clean! I remember I had to use zip ties to keep the boot in place on the dampers but this experience is with another vehicle.

I am really concerned about getting a setup with the correct spring rate so that is why I am looking at Swift sport springs for now and coil overs later.

...damn I miss boost.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member
Just curious, I am reading a lot of reviews re: the Megan coilovers compare with the Skunk2. The Megan seems reasonably priced, but is it good for DD? I am thinkin to get coilovers but I definately dun wanna lose comfort. IMHO my T1R Lowering Spring is hard enough =P

Those with the Megan, what setting did u guys set it to? (there are 32 settings and seems like 19-32 is best for dd?

Old 11-14-2008, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Guinness
Just curious, I am reading a lot of reviews re: the Megan coilovers compare with the Skunk2. The Megan seems reasonably priced, but is it good for DD? I am thinkin to get coilovers but I definately dun wanna lose comfort. IMHO my T1R Lowering Spring is hard enough =P

Those with the Megan, what setting did u guys set it to? (there are 32 settings and seems like 19-32 is best for dd?
yes it is good for DD. why would it not be?

Old 11-14-2008, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Do you guys know if the coilovers made by D2 are any good? Theyre pretty reasonably priced also. So are the Ksports.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:34 PM
are the megan coilovers bouncy? do they last long? and Felixy69 is your megan coilovers still feel like the day you first put them on?

Old 10-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by FELIXY69
..so what eva i lived with un-balanced coilover for at least 10 months, untill i started hearing clunking noises from the front, turns out the shock purch were ovalized on both sides , and YES I DID MAKE SURE ALL THE LOCKING RINGS WERE TIGHT, and THAT IT WAS AT THE PROPER HEIGHT. anyways so it went ovalized till the point it was dangerours to drive on. so i change to Megan.

Hey I'm having the same annoying clunking noise with my T1Rs...

What do you mean when you say "The shock perch was 'ovalized'"??

Old 10-26-2009, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
i think what he is saying is the ones that adjust height

Old 10-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by redrumm
i think what he is saying is the ones that adjust height
Thanks redrumm. Hmm... what do you think he means by it being "ovalized"?

Old 10-26-2009, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitboy408
Thanks redrumm. Hmm... what do you think he means by it being "ovalized"?

they are not round. they probably got damaged since they were not all the same.