Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

upgrading jazz brakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 10:13 AM
upgrading jazz brakes

Dear Friends

i'm actually looking forward to upgrade the front and rear brakes myself, can any bro tell me which model of brake disc and caliper to use. I mean from other cars bigger rotor or bigger caliper piston. Not looking for expensive stuff like brembo or spoon & etc.

i appreciate your help! currently had a bigger piston caliper from some honda cars and the disc changing to 282 mm or 286 mm type. I had aproblem now is that most bigger rotor have a deep hub. I would appreciate that some bro could tell me which type of bigger rotor to use having a shallower hub rotor.

next is the rear brakes intend to change from a drum to a caliper type, so whats the recommendations from xperts out there?

thanks in advance!
will

Old 11-03-2005, 07:58 PM
I think it would be a lot easier to look into getting a big brake kit made for the fit..Like endless, mugen, spoon etc..not to mention better results

Old 11-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Someone that Posts too much
EK4 calipers + pads, EG (ESi) rotors.
no need to mod the existing Fit/Jazz knuckle whatsoever. All would be a direct bolt-on!

If Prelude or EK rotors are used, a min of at least 4mm would need to be shaved off the brake calipers themselves, and the knuckles would need to have an extra hole.

Wilwood do a 4pot caliper kit but would cost alot more (at least double).

For a rear drum to disc conversion you can purchase OEM Jazz disc kit parts from Honda Thailand where rear discs come standard.

Last edited by vividjazz; 11-04-2005 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:27 PM
jazz brake

tks vivid
you mean
1) EK4 calipers + pads, EG (ESi) rotors, is it 282 or 286 mm rotors or it is just 262mm?
2) i'm currently have a GSR integra caliper, probably need to shave off few mm of the thickness. I've tried the 286mm rotor, fit perfectly but only hub too deep so need to look for a rotor 282 or 286 mm with a shallow hub about 18 to 20mm deep only. Any recommendations?
3) Tks for the info for the purchase of the rear brake conversion kit, any idea what does it comes together? do i have to alter anything? how much is it bro? I'm now in singapore and how to get the kit?

Tks bro halo, i believe that getting a branded stuff will be better but i got budget constraint now. Simply just looking into a cheap way to inprove the brakes.

Old 11-05-2005, 02:15 AM
I think you'll find the 262mm the only easy fit.

Re rear brake parts. Need to order the seperate parts they haven't put them together as a kit but Honda dealers in Thailand will be very helpful and be able to work out all the necessary parts for you. Ballpark figure I've heard banded about is around A$500 for all the parts but may be less.

Changing your hoses to braided will help your braking as will better brake fluid but the easiest upgrade is to just change the pads. For street use you need pads rated from zero degrees for safety sake but a higher upper temperature limit will virtually eliminate fading.

I've heard good feedback about Endless VN8500 and WinmaX, but not the EBC Greenstuff pads.

I'm sure Spoon Sports and Mugen are great but their prices aren't.

Last edited by vividjazz; 11-05-2005 at 02:17 AM.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:48 AM
AP Racing Brake Kit

Mine, front 295mm AP Racing Brake Kit for Honda Fit with APP Brake Line.
Rear modified from EK4+pad, AEM slotted rotor 286mm.
Endless DOT-4 Brake Fluid.
Excellent brake feeling with Turbo power.

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Conte...20050927212954

Old 11-05-2005, 10:51 PM
brakes

Tks alot bro vividjazz, i will still explore the 286mm or 282mm rotor but still fail to find the correct size rotor hub depth. I will too change the brake pads to what you recommended for better braking as well.

Hi B26cw, you got a garang car! AP racing brake kit are abit too expensive for me. i'm actually trying to find the best way and the cheapest way to upgrade the brake to the best. I've so far got a set of 1/2 yr old GSR caliper for my front brake. It fits well for the bigger rotor but need furhter mod.
For the rear is a good suggestion using the EK4 caliper too

Still wondering if bros of this forum could help me suggest the best method, i would like to stick honda parts so far.

thanks in advance!

Old 11-29-2005, 11:09 AM
brakes

i did it bros, thanks for your help specially vivid, b26cw.
i should say value for $$ results, i can feel that the brakes are biting much stronger than before and the stopping power is great.

Rotor size 290mm, caliper using GSR integra and orginal pads. will use pads temp and change later

Old 11-29-2005, 04:28 PM
What did you do with the rear brakes will? Is there a bracket for rear calipers, or did you swap the hubs or fabricate a bracket?
Was thinking about using drum to disc kit for an 6th gen Civic with factory rear drums...

Old 11-30-2005, 01:14 AM
rear brake

bro i still RnD stage for the rear brakes, will update you once have the ideas or successful in the project. i think bro vivid say thailand have the kit now and thailand jazz comes with a disc brake.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:16 AM
I would try a drum to disc conversion...then you wont have to do anything to the master cylinder to maintain balance. Try www.powerslot.com, look at the Powerslot plus line, and check out the drum to disc conversions for the Civic...they come with brackets, calipers etc. Fastbrakes.com does it even cheaper.

Old 11-30-2005, 03:37 AM
brake rear

tks bro will sort out once RnD finished

Old 11-30-2005, 05:35 AM
Originally Posted by will
Dear Friends

i'm actually looking forward to upgrade the front and rear brakes myself, can any bro tell me which model of brake disc and caliper to use. I mean from other cars bigger rotor or bigger caliper piston. Not looking for expensive stuff like brembo or spoon & etc.

i appreciate your help! currently had a bigger piston caliper from some honda cars and the disc changing to 282 mm or 286 mm type. I had aproblem now is that most bigger rotor have a deep hub. I would appreciate that some bro could tell me which type of bigger rotor to use having a shallower hub rotor.

next is the rear brakes intend to change from a drum to a caliper type, so whats the recommendations from xperts out there?

thanks in advance!
will
Why dont u grab WillWood instead? its not that expensive and its much2 better then the OEM. BTW they do sell it in Spore. If I'm not mistaken the price around 1500 SGD..

Old 11-30-2005, 06:55 AM
Is that over $1,200 Australian just for 2 x disc rotors or 2 x rotors + calipers?

Either way DBA rotors can be had for alot less even cross drilled and slotted dba gold. Part number 2504 specifically for the Jazz is available in just slotted as well as slotted+crossdrilled. They currently only do fronts and unfortuantely DBA don't make calipers. www.dba.com.au

Old 12-03-2005, 08:18 PM
this my front brake mod.

Grippen caliper (very light like spoon)
302mm disc rotor
cost just $1100 USD
fast respond !!!!

Old 12-04-2005, 11:17 AM
brake caliper

bros

thanks for the info on the calipers, i believe thats only for the price of the calipers only without the rotors.
i have budget constrain, just want to stop the car faster. appreciate your kind response and i manage to convert my rotor size to 290mm plus slightly bigger caliper (honda) and bracket for just $850 sgd.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:50 AM
from what honda were you able to get the 290mm rotors? are they bolt on to the jazz/fit hub? or were there any modifiactions done? how about mounting the GSR caliper to the steering knuckle, it it bolt on or did you change the knuckle?

Old 12-05-2005, 12:04 PM
conversion

bro sleeper

rotor are not from honda as i know, my friend bought (new) it for me which he is unwilling to tell me cos its his trade secret. the hub size abit bigger and depth are the same the fit/jazz stock with 5 lugs which i have to drill 4 extra holes.
i did not change the knuckle and actually did a bolt on bracket but need to grind slightly on the edge of the caliper.

Trust me, everything fits very nicely and now the breaking power is great especially change the pads to after market type.

Old 12-05-2005, 12:06 PM
brake

bro sleeper

your look at the pic on my post earlier the before and after conversion, thats how it looks when you have 290mm rotor on a jazz with 15" rim

Old 01-14-2006, 05:05 AM
if it is 11 inches it may be a rotor from the vw corrado g60 which is what is used in the fastbrakes kit...

Quick Reply: upgrading jazz brakes