Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

ultra racing braces w/ prices 10% OFF

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
Bump for KDM Customs!! I just got two of their bars FUSB and RUSB. They are very rigid, made out of steel yet pretty light and have a great quality finish. I presented both of them and seem to fit perfect. I will be installing them very soon on my car and doing a bigger review on both. Thanks Ryan!

Old 06-08-2009, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Good choices on picking up the strut bars. I got my parts from Ultra Racing coming Wednesday.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I've always been a fan of FUSBs, but never really had one installed on the rear. We'll see how good it does.

btw..to install the rear upper strut bar, does the rear suspension have to be jacked up as in (unloaded)??

Old 06-08-2009, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
I have the rear upper strut bar installed on my GE and I did not jack up the rear suspension. I don't think anyone has ever jacked up their rear suspension besides for the lower rear strut bar.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:16 AM
5 Year Member
^So you just took the nuts off, installed the bar and reinstalled the nuts? As I was taking one of them off yesterday, it seemed as if the black rubber piece of the shock was going up when losening the nut so I stopped.. didn't want to continue just in case..

Old 06-09-2009, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
Which bar were you installing? The c-pillar bar or the front strut bar? I know when I installed the c-pillar I sat in my car to do it as well because it was hard to realign everything to go back in. If it was the front strut bar I you should have the front end jacked up before you install.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
Not the C-Pillar, the one underneath it(Rear Upper Strut Bar). Take off the plastic covers on each side and you'll see the shock bolts that it mounts on. The nuts have to be removed, mount the bar, then reinstall the nuts back again. The rubber bushing from the shock is the one I was refering to. It was going up as I was losening the nuts, that's why I stopped installing it, till I make sure of what I'll have to do.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit-aficionado
Not the C-Pillar, the one underneath it(Rear Upper Strut Bar). Take off the plastic covers on each side and you'll see the shock bolts that it mounts on. The nuts have to be removed, mount the bar, then reinstall the nuts back again. The rubber bushing from the shock is the one I was refering to. It was going up as I was losening the nuts, that's why I stopped installing it, till I make sure of what I'll have to do.
My bad I thought you were talking about the c-pillar this whole time. But for that bar you do need to jack the rear of the car up for. There's a DIY somewhere on this forum for installing it if you needed help. I have mine coming tomorrow which I will install next weekend, so let me know how it feels with it in.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I'm actually not installing mines till this weekend also. My tires are worn out right now, so if I do a review on them, it might as well be with new tires on. That way I can really tell the diference in handling once they are added one by one. I'm expecting then front to tighten up a lot more with the FUSB and have less body roll and add some oversteer with the Progress bar, then I'll see what the RUSB does because honestly I've never had one installed on any of my cars before..
So I'll probably do it in this order: FUSB, Progress Rear Sway Bar, then RUSB. I'm getting my Progress bar next week so we'll see..

ps.. got a little carried away Ryan, my bad for jacking your thread..