Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Tanabe GF210 vs Eibach Pro-Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member
Tanabe GF210 vs Eibach Pro-Kit

Hi everyone! :] So I was looking into different springs and stuff and have decided that it would be either the Tanabe GF210 or the Eibach Pro-Kit. (I'd like to go lower but certain things kinda prevent me from doing so. =/ ) Anywho.. the front springs on both sets drop about the same, so that doesn't really matter.

But, the back springs are the trouble for me here. =/ The Eibach's give the car a more even drop while the Tanabe's lower the back by only .9 in. I really don't mind the even drop, however, I've seen on some other forums about other cars that sometimes the Eibach back springs seem to sag enough to give the car a "tilted-up" look. (LOL i'm not sure how to explain it)

Anyone out there with the Eibachs have any trouble? o_O Also, which springs would you prefer? :] Thanks for the help!

Old 09-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Old 09-02-2008, 01:24 PM
I have the GF210's and I love them. They drop enough to give you a nice look but not so much to were you might have rubbing issues. Plus, I prefer the "raked" look (lower front than back) instead of the "even" drop with the Eibachs. As for ride quality, GF's a only a little stiffer than the stocks but they are quite noticeable because this car is so light. It's still comfortable for the daily driven. I can't say much about the Eibachs for comfort because i don't have them but i'm guessing that they are more comfy because i believe the springs are progressive. Tanabe GF's are linear. The reason why i chose the GF instead of other springs is because i have alot of potholes and speedbumps in my city. Those are always a pain in the arse. Plus and didn't want to have any rubbing issues with me wheels and tires against the fender well.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the replies! :] Good to hear you guys liked the springs! :]

Old 09-02-2008, 02:15 PM
I have the eibach's and have no problems yet and the car looks good

Old 09-02-2008, 02:23 PM
grr I've been trying to save up $900 + shipping for Enduratechs but it would be easier (as in I could do it right now) to get the Eibachs...I'm so torn on this lol

Old 09-02-2008, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for letting me know Fitcapo! :]

And I know how you feel trancedsailor..I thought about coilovers but realized I don't drive enough to get my $1000 worth x] And knowing me, I would probably just leave it on one setting and never adjust it again in my life x]

Old 09-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Even if you leave it at one setting forever, it still should be worth the $1,000. I just have a hard time saving that much lol but I'm going to wait and discipline myself. Should order it first week of November if I don't buy anything else til then.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
Even if you leave it at one setting forever, it still should be worth the $1,000. I just have a hard time saving that much lol but I'm going to wait and discipline myself. Should order it first week of November if I don't buy anything else til then.

just buy the damn eibachs my friend LOL

Seriously, i'm going through this also, buy springs from eibach or buy coilovers which will remain in one setting the entire time.

Eiback is a world reknown company, one of the longest living companies with racing history through all of its background, so seriously, I think eibach would be the way to go over any othe company. Not sure, but that is my way of thinking. Either that or put my 4 1/2 ton coil springs that I use to manufacture for lowriders and install it, the car won't do anything to those coils LOL