Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Vibration after install...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Vibration after install...

So lastnight I installed the t1r springs. The install went smoother then any other cars i lowered. The only thing that happened was the drivers side axel poped out... oops.. but other then that now when I am driving... anything after 30mph i get this heavy vibration like something is wrong.. I cut the bump stops a little but im not sure if i cut them enough... any other ideas yall think this could be from? Im clueless right now.. almost feeling a lil retarded because ive never had any problems like this before...

Chris

Old 08-11-2008, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
check the nuts on top of the tower bars again,ive had problems before when i forgot to tighten those down.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
my guess is something is loose. i think the first and simplest thing to do right now is re-check that you torqued everything back tightly, including the wheels.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctordoom
my guess is something is loose. i think the first and simplest thing to do right now is re-check that you torqued everything back tightly, including the wheels.
yes... do not forget to torque down wheel lug nuts. i had a friend that drove to work and forgot to torque down his lugs all the way. he made it to his work parking lot, but by then all of the lugs fell off and his wheel came off while he was driving in the parking lot. luckily no damage done. he just took 1 lug nut off the other 3 wheels to hold on his wheel until he got to the parts store to get more.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:50 PM
well i know its not the lug nuts cause ive had that experience when i was younger also... but errr i still havent went back out to mess with the car yet and see what it is.. maybe again later tonight... thanks for the suggestions..

Old 08-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Dont blame my used springs!
From what I know garseeahh said it comes from the passenger side of the car.

He thinks it may be the wheels. I suggested rotating that tire to the rear. If the vibration follows at the rear than its the tire/wheel. But all this after a spring install doesnt make sense.

Im still calling the pass. side axle. Because it looks good doesnt mean internally its not F-worded.
Not sure if you popped that side back in place too, but maybe one of the joints popped?

BTW, hows the stance?