Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Finally got my Eibach ProKit installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Finally got my Eibach ProKit installed

Last Saturday, my Fit was finally outfitted with the Eibach ProKit and I'm lovin' it! It takes turns and curves so much better! Pics to come soon.

I still need to go get the front alignment, though. I'm gonna try to get it done this weekend. Some of these threads got me confused on lowering springs, so my question is: will an alignment only be sufficient in order to thwart uneven tire wear?

By the way, special thanks to BlueCell for the install!

Last edited by henryd1981; 05-13-2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: added to post
Old 05-13-2008, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
i have 10k miles and NO alignment. on skunk2 springs. and i have no camber wear.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
i have 10k miles and NO alignment. on skunk2 springs. and i have no camber wear.

either thats a lie, or you dont look at your tires. I have the same set up WITH camber wear

Old 05-13-2008, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
*sigh*. at the end of the day, it's the toe that kills tires. not the camber.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Retired Moderator
About 6k on progress no alignment and im doing great as far as wear.

Tyler

Old 05-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Banned
Running a lowered car without an alignment is just as bad as saying that lowering a car without replacing your shocks and struts is just fine. Do not listen to these guys they're both far to inexperienced to know what they are talking about

Old 05-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeamans, When i did my lowering job it was done by my good friend is who is a LONG TIME mechanic who approved it as not really needing an alignment. He dropped his Fit on springs, guess what he didnt align his either! Guess how his tires are, GREAT!
I see you have an opinion(and i do respect it) but neg repping me for me for having my own opinion that differs from yours, not cool man.

Tyler

Last edited by TOOL; 05-13-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by yeamans17
Running a lowered car without an alignment is just as bad as saying that lowering a car without replacing your shocks and struts is just fine. Do not listen to these guys they're both far to inexperienced to know what they are talking about
dont call me out on the internet. who the **** are you? do you know me? do you know the work ive done on cars? gtfo

neg repped

Old 05-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Banned
dont call me out on the internet. who the **** are you? do you know me? do you know the work ive done on cars? gtfo

neg repped
Don't know you and don't need to know what you've done around cars its obvious you're a noob.

And Tool, I don't care who did the work, unless you've got the car on an alignment rack and can verify the specs it doesn't mean shit.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Did you not read my post bud, i said i respect your opinion. What do you want me to do, change my mind becuase some random dude on a forum said that my way is totally noob and wrong haha.
The bottom line is its a forum yeamans17, opinions fly around forums all day long. People dont always agree. Thats just the nature of the beast. It does not have to result in stupid neg repping, or harrasing members in PMs and calling poeple names like 4th graders.
Guys lets show some maturity so this thread doesnt get locked.

Tyler

Old 05-13-2008, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Did you not read my post bud, i said i respect your opinion. What do you want me to do, change my mind becuase some random dude on a forum said that my way is totally noob and wrong haha.
The bottom line is its a forum yeamans17, opinions fly around forums all day long. People dont always agree. Thats just the nature of the beast. It does not have to result in stupid neg repping, or harrasing members in PMs and calling poeple names like 4th graders.
Guys lets show some maturity so this thread doesnt get locked.

Tyler
isn't it strange that you and i are on the same side on this one? lol. <3333

Old 05-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
*sigh*. at the end of the day, it's the toe that kills tires. not the camber.
As said, camber is not the problem. Im running ADDED negative camber and still no wear on my tires.
Its toe that needs to be adjusted after lowering.

After my spring install my toe was all screwed up. My car handled like ass too.

And whats wrong with a lowered car on stock struts/shocks? Still on my OEMs since day 2 of ownership being on lowering springs.
Still fine.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
As said, camber is not the problem. Im running ADDED negative camber and still no wear on my tires.
Its toe that needs to be adjusted after lowering.

After my spring install my toe was all screwed up. My car handled like ass too.
repped

Old 05-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Retired Moderator
isn't it strange that you and i are on the same side on this one? lol. <3333
Yeah i have to say its strange haha

Tyler

Old 05-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Ok, I promised some pics, so here they are. The second pic roughly compares curb height versus the front of my car. Gotta be careful around curbs now, hehe.

I will definitely need to get the alignment done since my steering wheel is also not centered. Hopefully after that, all will be well in the land of Fits!

Old 05-13-2008, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
As far as tire wear is concerned:

lotsa toe > lotsa camber > everyday driving

When a car is lowered on shorter springs, the suspension geometry is altered. The OEM suspension system was designed with a certain spring height in mind and changing the spring height will also change the system geometry's angles, namely toe and camber (but not caster, not on our cars at least.)

Getting toe adjusted after lowering is definitely a good idea and I would recommend getting the camber adjusted as well. Personally I wouldn't want to be driving around if one side has -1* more camber than the other side. Besides, getting camber adjusted just right will help traction/grip (i.e. increase the tire contact patch to the road) in cornering, so why not add to the performance of the springs also?

Old 05-13-2008, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
jeez, OP, your steering wheel is crooked? mine wasn't. ouch. lol.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:07 PM
jeez, OP, your steering wheel is crooked? mine wasn't. ouch. lol.
I'll try to get that fixed. It drives me nuts!

Old 05-13-2008, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
lol!! yeah, my brother lowered his car another 1/2 inch on his del sol, and the wheel is crooked LOL. ive never had that issue with any of my cars though

Old 05-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Last time I had a crooked steering wheel was when I had an accident in my old Saturn ION last November. They never got that fixed, though it was fixed for a brief time. When it screwed up again, I found out that a strut bolt somehow disappeared.

FYI, it was some repair shop that did the work, not the dealership.

Quick Reply: Finally got my Eibach ProKit installed