Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Endura-Tech Fit Coilovers are in and ready to ship!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
dam....they didnt even give you a new bolt? bolts are cheap....sucks.

i dont even use a spring compresser when i take my springs off either...it just makes a pop and thats it. scary only because its sudden. but i usually aim in some grass. but thats only if your takin the OEM spring off the shock. once you replace it with a lowering spring it will never pop heh.
im not sure what you mean, but new hardware is included in the
ET's package... even a new pair of front endlinks and nuts for those.

i use a spring compressor during all stock strut disassembly... i also
wear safety glasses and wear heavy gloves. for me, it's not worth
risking safety for a quick precaution.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Does anyone know what happened to Endura Tech? Are they banned from the forum? I wanted to contact them but with no response (yet)... can anyone shed some light on them?

Last edited by Fit4DHM; 08-26-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
yah, apparently Justin left the company (stopped sponsoring fitfreak) so you need to get in touch with "ken" or somebody over there. and no, it is not me. lol hahaha.

www.endura-tech.com

1325 Remington Rd. Suite W Schaumburg, IL 60173Phone: (847) 843-7277 Ext. 16

Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
Endura Tech update after having them on the car for less than two years. I had a front shock blow out. Or I thought so. There was oil all over the shock boot and that area of the car.

Called Endura Teck for replacement shock cartridges for both front shocks. No warrantee since it is over 12 months old! Only one was bad but you should replace in pairs... $380 later they were sent to me.

When I pulled off the bad one to replace it I find that the rubber boot that is supposed to protect the shock tube is falling apart (on both sides). So I get the top hat off and start stripping everything else off it. When I pulled the bump stop off the shaft, aaahhhhhhh! It had corroded the shaft chrome off the shaft. When the shock would depress enough to hit it, it was leaking the nitrogen/oil out past the seal. Checked the other side, same thing! So I am saying WTF? The bump stop is holding moisture and corroding the shaft. Do I really want to put on new ones just for this to happen every two years? I think not...

What a shame. I do like the overall coilover package. But I will not be running these anymore. I don't want to shell out $400 every two years over something that should be a non issue. I have to give Endura Tech two thumbs down.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
can you post up pictures of the corroded shocks? I have ET coil overs too, I hope mine won't corrode after just couple years (I do live in So. Cal and the nice weather helps).

I'm kind of with you that ET is getting a thumbs down. Like you, I do appreciate the whole ET package and the relatively cheap price tag. And granted I realized these c/o aren't meant for a race / track setup, and I knew this was what I wanted; but even for a set of "comfort" c/o such as these, the shocks are under damped and could definitely use better valving.

I think I may go to a spring + shock setup, after another year or so use of the ET.

Last edited by Fit4DHM; 07-14-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
my set was installed back in like March 2008 or something and the last time i checked (back early spring) no issue on mine. front and rear both look used but not corroded that bad or leaking anything. i drove mine through 2 salty winters...and rarely washed..

Old 07-15-2010, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
i took my pics on my cell phone which has a memory chip. though i don't have a chip reader that will work with it - yet. working on it...

kenchan, have you looked UNDER your bump stops yet? thats where my issues are. One side is really bad. think wrapping a quarter around the shaft, only slightly larger... the other side was just starting to corrode with several hard bubbles stating to form.

i have no idea why this happened on my shock shafts under the bumpstops. perhaps it is the material of my bumpstops and yours are something different? i live in CT and my car is parked outside. drivin year round. do you install the dust boots too? i think mine also trapped water around the bumpstops.

i am going to my local auto parts store to see if there is some other bumpstop i can use. hopefully that won't be a needle in a haystack search. otherwise i am going back to my stock springs/shocks. i do like the handling/performance of the ET's. but not my corrosion issues on the shafts...

i will send a PIC of the corrosion to anyone's cell. pm me

Last edited by rocksnap; 07-15-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Mine ET's are fryed rusted and my boy 1 NXT Fit who has rear camber on his fit tried adjusting my ET's and those things were rusted frozen solid just two winters in Richmond VA and I check them and oil them. He tried everything those things are frozen so I am going with a new set of D2's or Skunks by next week. kenchan had me sold the ET's have a comfortable ride there is no other C/O out there that has the same ride so hands down to E/T for that but still the overall performance of the C/O is not that good

Old 05-09-2011, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
hummm... i was able to adjust mine no problem ... it had quite a bit of corrosion on mine too from 3yrs of salt, but i took the spring seat(c/o part) off the car and was able to unlock the set-screw and turn the collars with minimal effort.

didn't use anything special, just WD40 on the threads to clean it and walla. i guess if you tried turning it while it was on the car it wont work.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
btw chaplain, sorry were you talking about the front? i only changed height on the rear so haven't touched the front since install. haha

Old 05-09-2011, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
btw chaplain, sorry were you talking about the front? i only changed height on the rear so haven't touched the front since install. haha

yeah i was doing the front and they where frozen solid i sprayed them with free all and still nothing the collars where so hard to break loose that i had to use a hammer to break them loose and the sleves were a no go! also broke the screww off from the top collar on one side and still nothing no movement at all.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Endura-tech are a no go bust and I will be getting new coilovers in another five days. Then I can go low on my volks

Old 05-10-2011, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nxtfit_08
yeah i was doing the front and they where frozen solid i sprayed them with free all and still nothing the collars where so hard to break loose that i had to use a hammer to break them loose and the sleves were a no go! also broke the screww off from the top collar on one side and still nothing no movement at all.
doh... i see. man that sucks.

Originally Posted by chaplain2FIT
Endura-tech are a no go bust and I will be getting new coilovers in another five days. Then I can go low on my volks
yah, keep us posted cause i might do the ProC's myself if i can't find a good car to get next... been looking around for a decent $20-25K range dd but nothing catches my eyes. i dont want to buy used either.

now that my younger kid is older i can go stiff.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
I've had the ET coilovers since they were available (right after I bought by '08 GD3) and I've almost always had a random "clunking" vibration that comes from the rear of the car. The stupid rubber boot over the rear shocks have never stayed in place and I thought it might be the cause. Even after securing them with zip ties, the noise persisted. I figured it was a bad shock and got a replacement, but still the noise stuck around. The oddest part is that it seems to depend on how much weight is in the car. If its just me, hardly any noise. If I have a passenger, it's way worse. I'll be getting a new setup soon...probably Mugen Sports Suspension from King Motorsports. New wheels too...I'm thinking '02 Civic Si wheels. I'll be selling my 15x6 matte black slipstreams if anyone in the OC is interested. I'll also post pics of the new setup.