Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Endura-Tech Fit Coilovers are in and ready to ship!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
how low do these go?

Old 09-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Banned
Hey, a great person to ask this who dropped there Fit very low is Honda david. He would have the best dimensions for this as when we installed it on our test Fit, we did not slam it to get the total drop. Off hand I think you can get a reduced 2+ in the front and about 1.5" in the rear.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:58 AM
How much shipped to 73170?

Old 10-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Sam Misled
How much shipped to 73170?
PM has been sent.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
changed the oil and rotated the tires so inspected the EnduraTechs while
the wheels were off the car.

ET's have about 5k+ miles on mine, daily driven. no sign of corrosion
including the nuts and washers included in the kit, no sign of corrosion
on the housing, abs & brake line brackets, coilover threads, spring seats,
everything looked good. Also no leaks.

very happy with my set.

i also did some off-roading over the weekend. hahaha...well, we went to
the pumpkin farm and had to park in the grass so it was more like a rally.
ET's did real well through the bumps on the ground. had 2 little kids inside
with the wife, noone complained.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Banned
Thanks Kenchan for sharing with us your inspection review.

Lets get some Fit coilovers out this month, $899 is a still a good deal in this tight / tough economy. What do we have to do, throw in the free shipping again?

Cheers!

Old 10-14-2008, 05:27 PM
You can go about three inches in the front and 2 1/2 in the back but I have my setup like Kenchan 1.8 in the front and about 1.5 in the rear. I lowered the back this past weekend. It rides fine I am putting some Work rims on tomorrow 16x7 and I will post pictures. Anyway I have a thousand miles on my endurotechs and no complaint. As a matter of fact I took my car to Savannah Honda this weekend and all of the tech were driving my car around because they couldn't believe it was lowered and they said it rides so smooth. Then they ask what is the name of this coilover. Endurotech rocks so if you want a good coilover this is the one.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Endura-Tech
Thanks Kenchan for sharing with us your inspection review.

Cheers!
thank YOU for a reliable product! ive seen others like tanabe's
and lower-end TEIN's that rust within 2months of use. you get
wat you pay for.

with the ET's, you get more than wat you pay for.

Originally Posted by chaplain2FIT
You can go about three inches in the front and 2 1/2 in the back but I have my setup like Kenchan 1.8 in the front and about 1.5 in the rear. I lowered the back this past weekend. It rides fine I am putting some Work rims on tomorrow 16x7 and I will post pictures. Anyway I have a thousand miles on my endurotechs and no complaint. As a matter of fact I took my car to Savannah Honda this weekend and all of the tech were driving my car around because they couldn't believe it was lowered and they said it rides so smooth. Then they ask what is the name of this coilover. Endurotech rocks so if you want a good coilover this is the one.
ooooo~! nice. need to see some picts. yep, the way it rides
is unbelievable. super butter smooth.

i highly recommend running stiffer tires with higher pressure. feels even nicer.
nice firm but never harsh and still, butter smooth.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:00 AM
So, has anyone tried any auto-x with these bad boys? I cant decide if I want these or Pro-C's. Suggestions anyone?

Old 11-04-2008, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
So, has anyone tried any auto-x with these bad boys? I cant decide if I want these or Pro-C's. Suggestions anyone?
I was wondering the same thing too!

I'm thinking the EnduraTechs will only help (not hurt) for autox, plus they'll be great for DD....and they're cheaper than the Skunk2s.

However, the Skunk2s rates are stiffer and allow you to make suspension adjustments for autox as needed. But I'm not sure how the Skunk2s are for DD.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:04 AM
5 Year Member
im going skunk2. there just isnt enough reviews here besides that one guy
that
types like
this

Old 11-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by raton
I was wondering the same thing too!

I'm thinking the EnduraTechs will only help (not hurt) for autox, plus they'll be great for DD....and they're cheaper than the Skunk2s.

However, the Skunk2s rates are stiffer and allow you to make suspension adjustments for autox as needed. But I'm not sure how the Skunk2s are for DD.
I think I might be on the same track with you. And maybe if we can get free shipping from Endura-Tech again *wink wink* I might be 110% sold on these

And besides, if I get these and not the Pro-C's, I can get the Blitz TC haha.

Hasn't anyone made a video with these installed? I really want to see how these coilovers take corners and handle bumps.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Banned
I think I might be on the same track with you. And maybe if we can get free shipping from Endura-Tech again *wink wink* I might be 110% sold on these

And besides, if I get these and not the Pro-C's, I can get the Blitz TC haha.

Hasn't anyone made a video with these installed? I really want to see how these coilovers take corners and handle bumps.

I see your wink wink. Away from the office and at SEMA. PM me next week and we can discuss this "free shipping" offer that had expired.

Safe Driving.

Also, honestly I can not say how these would be for autox because we ourselves have not ran the product in that capacity. The design on these were for daily spirited and regular daily driving. I think they would be fine for some occasional autox. But if you were looking for a full fledge auto x set up, then that I can not completely answer. But i think we get enough props here for the daily driving and spirited driving aspects of things.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Sounds good enough for me! These will be mine as soon as I get an extra $200 that I can spend. College is draining my car fund! haha

Old 11-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Banned
College is important.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:42 PM
fo sho. I am so excited about these though. They look and sound absolutely amazing.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
I'm wondering am I able to lower the car no more than 1"?? How difficult to adj. the hight??

Also, after xxxxx miles, do I have to re-build the coilover?? buz some of the people say coilover not going to stay long, and have to rebuilt xxxxx miles!!!

Are you still doing the free shipping??

Plz help!!!

Last edited by sy11580; 11-26-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by sy11580
I'm wondering am I able to lower the car no more than 1"?? How difficult to adj. the hight??

Also, after xxxxx miles, do I have to re-build the coilover?? buz some of the people say coilover not going to stay long, and have to rebuilt xxxxx miles!!!

Are you still doing the free shipping??

Plz help!!!
Yes you would be able to lower the car more than 1" and lowering the car is rather simple, just a matter of using the spanner wrench on the lower bracket in the front and on the adjustable spring seats in the rear.

The need to rebuild the shocks depends on the abuse that one puts on them. If you take the car off road or track it continuously, then you may damage the gas strut as these are designed for daily driver use with the intent for the occasional track event. With time, all shocks will wear out could be as much as 60K miles, could be a lot less, depends on the abuse and use of the shocks. IN our case if you need to have a shock rebuilt, it will be easier to just replace the shock itself rather than rebuild it.

Please PM me on shipping as the Free shipping promotion has concluded.

Safe Driving!

Old 11-27-2008, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you so much for your help!!!

I use it for daily drive and some fun on the road. As you say I rither buy the shock better than re-built it, so I'm wondering will your company just sell the shock in the future?? If your company do, I don't need to spend another $8xx for the other set.

I need to go back to my first question from last post. I want the car lower NO MORE than 1", so can it do it??

Old 11-27-2008, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sy11580
Thank you so much for your help!!!

I use it for daily drive and some fun on the road. As you say I rither buy the shock better than re-built it, so I'm wondering will your company just sell the shock in the future?? If your company do, I don't need to spend another $8xx for the other set.

I need to go back to my first question from last post. I want the car lower NO MORE than 1", so can it do it??

i'm pretty sure that if you want it no lower than an inch, thats possible.

Quick Reply: Endura-Tech Fit Coilovers are in and ready to ship!