Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

T1R Front Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
T1R Front Sway Bar

So I was searching high and low for some feedback on this part. No one seams to have purchased it yet, so I did. Ordered it today hopefully see it before the end of this week. Looking forward to letting you know how it feels, and if its a noticeable gain to the car.

Car mods:
Aspec~ C.A.I.
Axel Back
Front & Rear Strut Bars
Tein S-Tech Springs

Old 04-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Nice buy!

I picked up the BE one, you won't be disappointed!

Old 04-14-2008, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
I got mine installed the other day, loving it every time I take the corner rolling with my 18"s 215/35/18. Your enjoy yours once you get it .

Old 04-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rick@honda
I got mine installed the other day, loving it every time I take the corner rolling with my 18"s 215/35/18. Your enjoy yours once you get it .
Running 18's, that is pretty sweet. What is the offset? Any rubbing?

Old 04-14-2008, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah seriously, 18's? thats crazy! I can't afford rims right now so I figured that I would just go with wheel spacers, and a set of 205/50/15 falken azenis 615's. Yeah I'm really looking forward to putting it on and getting the allignment taken care of. I have a set of SPC camber bolts in the mail also, so things are looking up for sure. Hopefully I'll have pics posted after this install, I've been waiting to get my car up here for a while!

Last edited by Mr08FiT; 04-15-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
man thats crazy. i want the t1r bar so bad.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:13 PM
how's ur ride on the tein s-tech's? i have them too and my ride is SUPER bouncy

Old 04-16-2008, 05:25 AM
5 Year Member
For Sure.....

I definately know what you're talking about. I have the same problem. Also my front passenger side has not settled all the way, and they've been on for about three weeks now. Either way, yes I agree extremely bouncy.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rick@honda
What do you love about it? Any details? Flatter, More Understeer?

Old 04-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Mine is on its way and will be on the Fit on Saturday

Old 04-16-2008, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr08FiT
I definately know what you're talking about. I have the same problem. Also my front passenger side has not settled all the way, and they've been on for about three weeks now. Either way, yes I agree extremely bouncy.

Have a few large friends ride around with you. That usually helps

Old 04-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Seems like a good product from the reviews i have seen (the very FEW there are).

Old 04-18-2008, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
I'm using a set 18 x 7 1/2J + 42 Ray's G Games with The BFGoodrich g-Force™ Sport TIR Springs only, upper Spoon strut tower bar, J's lower arm brace and now with T1R sway bar. After iinstalled noticed Hugh difference, less rubbin on hard turns and much less body roll. Must try!!

Old 04-18-2008, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
i promise you running front and rear sway bar is a must on our cars! it improved so much in performance...
i have Be front sway and progress rear

i love it cept the BE sway bar is a solid bar where as cusco is hollow which is 10X lighter...i am making a switch soon

Old 04-18-2008, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
Is the swaybar lesser diameter or lesser material than the stock? If not, why would you add understeer to a already drastically understeering car?

Old 04-18-2008, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
Fit4Trav~Have a few large friends ride around with you. That usually helps

LoL, yeah I suppose thats one option. I'm sure it will settle on it's own hopefully sometime soon.

rick@honda~I'm using a set 18 x 7 1/2J + 42 Ray's G Games with The BFGoodrich g-Force™ Sport TIR Springs only, upper Spoon strut tower bar, J's lower arm brace and now with T1R sway bar. After iinstalled noticed Hugh difference, less rubbin on hard turns and much less body roll. Must try!!

How do you like those BFG's, I was planning on getting a set of the new Azenis, Well for stock wheels atleast. Maybe the BFG's are cheaper, maybe better in water? But yeah I'm hopeing to see the sway today when I get home from work. Thanks for all the input.

mahout~Is the swaybar lesser diameter or lesser material than the stock? If not, why would you add understeer to a already drastically understeering car?

I'm pretty sure that the T1R sway bar is thicker than stock, no less material. Someone feel free to correct me.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:17 AM
I thought the accepted notion was that running a front sway with a (Progress) rear sway was NOT good and that the front sway somehow lessened or canceled out the benefits of the rear sway? This was all repeated a few times in the extensive thread(s) about the Progress rear sway.

I feel like I have a bit of oversteer with my coilovers and Progress rear sway (though handling is 1000 times better than stock was), and was wondering if a front sway would help, but I kept going back to where many were adamantly saying DON"T run a front sway with the Progress rear sway. I love it stiff and neutral/flat in the hard corners and fast lane changes.

Insights?

Old 04-18-2008, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jsensk
I thought the accepted notion was that running a front sway with a (Progress) rear sway was NOT good and that the front sway somehow lessened or canceled out the benefits of the rear sway? This was all repeated a few times in the extensive thread(s) about the Progress rear sway.

I feel like I have a bit of oversteer with my coilovers and Progress rear sway (though handling is 1000 times better than stock was), and was wondering if a front sway would help, but I kept going back to where many were adamantly saying DON"T run a front sway with the Progress rear sway. I love it stiff and neutral/flat in the hard corners and fast lane changes.

Insights?
My thought is that running both a front and rear bar would put the car back to the factory balance, but at a much higher traction level. I can't see any reason not to run both. Most performance models run large front and rear bars and have better overall grip than the same car with smaller bars.

I read the original posts, but didn't get involved because I didn't like where it was going. Everyone has their own taste. I prefer large sway bars and chassis braces combined with softer springs for the street. That keeps the car planted and allows suspension travel for the occassional mid corner pot hole or paint seam.

For track use...stiff springs all the way.

Old 04-20-2008, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Another way to go is with a lower arm brace from T1R/AJ's. Easier install and less money besides. I love mine with the Progress rear bar.

Old 04-21-2008, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I was considering that.... just figured sway bar was the way to go. Not to say in time I wont add the lower brace. Also, that's a damn nice system you have in that Fit of yours. Nice seats too.

Quick Reply: T1R Front Sway Bar