Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Five lug suspension adapters for the fit????

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb Five lug suspension adapters for the fit????

whats up guys and gals.....so I have seen a couple of fits with five lug wheels and I'm not sure if they re did the suspension or got wheels adapters... if there is such things of adapters does any one know a site that they can direct me to???

I know there is a member here on this site with the red fit and if you are reading this, was it easy to install??? any rubbing issues with the type R wheel set up???

any advice would be gladly appreciated.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
mx6gt89 is his screen name. his name is ray .

its bolt on, but i heard you have to shave a bit off your stock face.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Im here....

Im running wheel adapters. Custom made 4x100 to 5x114.3 conversion.
The adapters are 2 piece. Its as easy as bolting on wheels. First half bolts on with flush lugs. ($1 per lug from company) 2nd half uses 5 lug stud sized allen bolts. Then the wheels go on.

Adapters are 1.5in thick. The only way to run wheels with no problems would be using high offset wheels.
My ITR's are 15x6 with a +50mm offset. With the adapters the offset is a flush +12mm to +15mm.

Any lower offset than +50mm will result in a +0 and even in the negative offsets. Unless you can live with rubbing and cracked fenders like me then dont do it. My fenders are rolled and pulled from my old wheels so I made it off a little easy.
Yes it still rubs though.

Adapters will set you back almost $400 also.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the info ray....400 is a little steep but i must say it looks really nice on your fit....is there like a website to get this from and I noticed the other member said that there is some cutting involved is there???? is this something i can easily do my self ?

Old 03-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
No cutting involved. When I was running my 4x100 to 4x108 adapters I had to grind my OEM studs down a bit. But that was only because they were 3/4in thick and the studs stuck out a tab past the adapters. The wheels wouldnt sit flush. So I ground them down a bit.

Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Technology

Old 03-16-2008, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
Damn thats a bit over the top, I thought someone converted some mysterious JDM suspension onto the fit. But alas, its just adapters. Very unique man, props.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Thanks? Hahah! It is a little much for adapters, I have a list of people that want them when I DO sell them. Ill basically make my money back.

I like the current set-up a lot. My best wheels yet.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
Adapters are merely thick rings with insets for 4 bolt nuts on 100 mm bolt circle fitting inner hub and 5 holes for larger bolt circle such as 4.5" now the outer hub. They aree readily available from JC Whitney and the like BUT THEY HAVE A SERIOUS DRAWBACK. They impose heavy loads on your wheel bearings. If you don't mind having a major wheel failure adapters are useable.
The only saving grace for adapters is reducing offset where the inside wheel rim is about the same distance from the hub as original wheels; that is a backspace of about 5". But that rarely happens. Most of the time the wheel is pushed way out and the only thing that says is they are dummies. At least they identify themselves: here's their sign.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
No cutting involved. When I was running my 4x100 to 4x108 adapters I had to grind my OEM studs down a bit. But that was only because they were 3/4in thick and the studs stuck out a tab past the adapters. The wheels wouldnt sit flush. So I ground them down a bit.

Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Technology
Surely you didn't gring them down so you didn't have lugnuts full thread engagement equal to the bolt diameter ( 12 mm x1.5 pitch is 8 threads), that is 8 threads. If you did you have degraded the wheel holding ability. Sharp curves and potholes you need to avoid. period.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
So far, my wheels havent feel off yet. Not only am I running adapters but Im also running aftermarket lugs on OEM wheels.

My wheels sit flush. Thats one of the reason I bought ITR wheels. They have an already high factory offset so the addition of the adapters didnt effect it too much.

And my OEM studs were shaved down. I didnt cut them short.
Theres plenty of turns left.

Potholes should be avoided by everyone also.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
So far, my wheels havent feel off yet. Not only am I running adapters but Im also running aftermarket lugs on OEM wheels.

My wheels sit flush. Thats one of the reason I bought ITR wheels. They have an already high factory offset so the addition of the adapters didnt effect it too much.

And my OEM studs were shaved down. I didnt cut them short.
Theres plenty of turns left.

Potholes should be avoided by everyone also.

Count the threads. Is there at least 8? And are you getting at least 8 full turns on each lugnut? Sorry to be a stickler but once you have some kid picked off the road you don't get very easy-going. And is your inside rim of your wheel about 5" inside the hub? These are things important to your safety. And others on the road with you.
PS overstressed wheels don't fail immediately. It takes time, even a year or more.