Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Tokico Hp Is Out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
The Tokico guy I talked to wouldn't commit to any specs on the non-adj shocks beyond they were "better" than OEM's. I would sure hope so, if we're replacing functional OEM stuff with new, for about the cost of new OEM parts.

The Tokico guy DID say that the D-Specs (16-point adjustables) would be out in the summer, and that's only 2-3 months away now. They're single-adjustable, but with what should be a pretty wide range of adjustment. That may or may not be the hot ticket for autoX or open track days, depending on what the Fit really NEEDS. That said, I really like how my single-adjustable shocks on my Valiant work, so...

HF

Old 04-21-2008, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Me want!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by radareclipse
Yeah, call Bob at shox.com. He knows about them and did the leg work. I'll have mine on Thursday this week.
I can't wait to see how they work for you. I might order them myself sometime.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
if koni doesn't come through with the yellows, i'll be getting a set of tokico d-specs! yay! someone is finally making shocks.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
TOKICO's in the hOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad I won't get a chance to get these put on until later in May.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
TOKICO's in the hOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad I won't get a chance to get these put on until later in May.
Did you buy the rear shocks too? I am more interested in them.

Thanks

Old 04-24-2008, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
No, because of the stereo action, I'm looking for something to aid with me support. For that, I'm going to try the Chevy Cavalier modeled Monroe Airshocks that have been talked about in another thread. They arrived today as well.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Banned
No, because of the stereo action, I'm looking for something to aid with me support. For that, I'm going to try the Chevy Cavalier modeled Monroe Airshocks that have been talked about in another thread. They arrived today as well.
radar-
I'm thinking the same way. Will be hauling cast concrete pavers for a home project soon, and don't like the "drag ass" look with a load of passengers.. But for the fronts, I will wait for a while for the adjustable Tokico struts. If they wait too long to produce them, will probably buy the current version, unless somebody else comes up with adjustable struts. I'm looking forward to your review and will install my air shocks as soon as they arrive.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by manxman
radar-
I'm thinking the same way. Will be hauling cast concrete pavers for a home project soon, and don't like the "drag ass" look with a load of passengers.. But for the fronts, I will wait for a while for the adjustable Tokico struts. If they wait too long to produce them, will probably buy the current version, unless somebody else comes up with adjustable struts. I'm looking forward to your review and will install my air shocks as soon as they arrive.
When A&J get their T1R struts in stock, they will be fully adjustable including camber!

Old 04-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Illusive
When A&J get their T1R struts in stock, they will be fully adjustable including camber!
Thanks Justin,
I won't make any buying decisions for front damping until I see their specs & prices.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Retired Moderator
Definitely, I wouldn't either! So far all I've been able to gather from Ben is that the company manufacturing the T1R shocks are a Japanese manufacturer and well known one in fact. However, they are made to their specs and not to the manufacturers specs. I know Ben has done his work on these dampers (which is why they are taking forever!) so when they are released, they will be some of the best around! I'll try and pry some of those specs out for everyone this weekend! But I can confirm that the T1R shocks will have adjustable dampening, and the front shocks will have camber adjustment!

Old 04-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Justin, I'm holding out for the T1R set. Thanks for the heads up on these Tokico's btw

So what makes these the jdm struts?

Old 04-26-2008, 12:15 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
If Tokico makes the D-Specs for the Fit, i HIGHLY recommend them. They allow adjustment of both rebound and compression simulatenously. I have them on our Mustang Saleen, and its a totally different car. Forget the sloshy feel and huge amounts of body roll that mustangs were known for, and it outperformed the factory Saleen suspension as well.

Other versions of D-specs on other cars report the same results.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:23 AM
Hi,

I am still waiting for my Fit to arrive at the dealership and I am looking at what parts I might want to add after a while. Does anyone know if these will hold up better to lowering springs than the stock units? I would hate to get something that I would need to replace not far down the line. Thanks.

Daniel

Old 04-30-2008, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome Daniel,
Yes, they will work much better than the stock units because the stockers leave a lot to be desired. When you lower the car, the stockers get even worse. A year ago there was nothing available in the way of shocks and maybe a coilover setup or two was available. Now there is more and more product hitting the market.
Enjoy Fittin'.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Former Vendor
Would you guys be more interested in Skunk2 Sport Shocks?

Old 05-05-2008, 05:30 PM
^ i would be interested in the skunk2 sport shocks. is skunk2 in the process of making some shocks for the Fit?

thanks

LE

Old 05-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by skunk2tony
YES I WOULD!

Old 05-05-2008, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Skunk2website
Sport Shocks are designed with shorter shock bodies and short strokes so they will perform better and have more travel and be more durable at lowered ride heights.

If the S2SS struts were OEM dimensions, I'd be seriously considering them, but their shorter bodies wouldn't be legal in SCCA stock classes.

HF

Old 05-05-2008, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by skunk2tony
for sure!!!

Quick Reply: Tokico Hp Is Out!!!