Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Sway Bar installed and question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
Sway Bar installed and question.

after a week. finally i got my sway bar done yesterday. so there's Stech springs and progress sway bar on my car now. and here is my Exp. i just try that out last night. I was going 237 west onto 101 north. what's my speed? 80 MPH . just for that short distence. before the sway bar. i could only go 67 or 69 MPH max .and now is 11 MPH more . and i feel that i can even go more if i have better tires. and daily driving. i feel more stiff in the rear which i think is better.and i love it. now i have more fun every time i attack the conner. can't wait the coilover for it.

after all that. i have a question. since i installed my sway bar. i heard there is squeaking sound form my spring. i don't know if you guys have the same problem before or maybe only my Stech doesn't like my sway bar . can someone tell me which bolt hole is the spring pad protrusion original located? maybe i put it on the different hole. now i put it into the one that closest to the front of the car.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:03 AM
5 Year Member
my skunk2 springs are making a noise too. like a springy sound. im thinking it's the same theing that's wrong with your fit.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
my skunk2 springs are making a noise too. like a springy sound. im thinking it's the same theing that's wrong with your fit.
Just did mine over the weekend. Same setup ^^^^
and i also have the squeeking but it seems to be diminishing.
Its probably the rubber spring seats hitting the bolts of the sway bar...give a week or two, it should go away.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
careful with your speed, lilcat...

did you use smaller bolt head screws? or did you just use the progress-supplied jumbo bolts?

Old 03-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by lilcat
after a week. finally i got my sway bar done yesterday. so there's Stech springs and progress sway bar on my car now. and here is my Exp. i just try that out last night. I was going 237 west onto 101 north. what's my speed? 80 MPH . just for that short distence. before the sway bar. i could only go 67 or 69 MPH max .and now is 11 MPH more . and i feel that i can even go more if i have better tires. and daily driving. i feel more stiff in the rear which i think is better.and i love it. now i have more fun every time i attack the conner. can't wait the coilover for it.

after all that. i have a question. since i installed my sway bar. i heard there is squeaking sound form my spring. i don't know if you guys have the same problem before or maybe only my Stech doesn't like my sway bar . can someone tell me which bolt hole is the spring pad protrusion original located? maybe i put it on the different hole. now i put it into the one that closest to the front of the car.
Alex,
The Progress bar was designed to improve handling on stock Fits. With after-market lowering springs, the supplied bolts seem to be causing noise for some people by distorting the lower spring pads, or contacting the sides of the springs. Other members have used bolts from a hardware store that have different shaped heads. I assume that this has solved their problems- I haven't read any more complaints after they posted that they bought new bolts.

You could try a PM to Hocker. He sells a bolt kit for the Progress bar through Panducky in Florida.

Last edited by manxman; 03-06-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:27 PM
I used the Panducky bolts (had to with Skunk2 Pro-C coilovers) and have had NO noises at all, FWIW.

Progress rear sway does add a ton of fun though.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
anyone know the exact bolt patterns? I haven't installed my rear springs yet cause I have been waiting for my new lug nuts...i'm riding on stock rear springs and aftermarket front springs and am wanting to install the rear springs but I don't want to hear any creaking. I can get some stainless steel bolt from work with the shallow head just need to know what size I'll need to use. Thx.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Amageus
anyone know the exact bolt patterns? I haven't installed my rear springs yet cause I have been waiting for my new lug nuts...i'm riding on stock rear springs and aftermarket front springs and am wanting to install the rear springs but I don't want to hear any creaking. I can get some stainless steel bolt from work with the shallow head just need to know what size I'll need to use. Thx.
By "bolt patterns" I assume you mean bolt size? The Progress supplied bolts in my bar kit were M10 X 1.25 X 30 FHCS. If you have 10 mm bolts, or even 3/8" SAE X 1.25 to 1.5" long, with corresponding lock nuts, you'll be OK. Suggestion- file all instruction sheets from every mod. They will help in the future.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Retired Moderator
I have progress Springs with the SwayBar and havent heard anything from day one. I bet the progress springs were made to work perfect with the bar.

Tyler

Old 03-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Banned
Yep- I'll bet you're right Tyler.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone has the sway with Eibach springs and have problems with? If so what bolt patterns worked and where did you but them?

Old 03-06-2008, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Ya I meant the bolt size...i don't have the instructions with me atm cause i'm at work and trying to see if I can find the bolts here...but if Tyler isn't having any problem then I might be on the same boat...just assuming since I'm using Progress Springs too...

Old 03-07-2008, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
you're right. maybe progress did that so they'd sell more springs :P :P.

i'll go to home depot tomorrow to try to find different bolts.

btw, after a day, MOST of teh noise went away

Old 03-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Banned
lilcat-
I asssume that you have seen this thread, but if not, here's the link-----
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...per-setup.html