Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Skunk2 Pro-C coilovers INSTALLED!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
I think someone already mentioned this before but if you have a Progress rear sway bar get the Panducky rear sway bar mounting bolt/nut kit (w/lower profile head bolts). The Progress sway bar mounting bolts protrudes onto the the lower rear spring perch causing the Skunk2 pro-c spring to tilt slightly and rub the inner spring perch area.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i recommend you get some carriage bolts and place them on the adjacent side holes
so that it levels off your springs while using the panducky hardware.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Evotech8
I think someone already mentioned this before but if you have a Progress rear sway bar get the Panducky rear sway bar mounting bolt/nut kit (w/lower profile head bolts). The Progress sway bar mounting bolts protrudes onto the the lower rear spring perch causing the Skunk2 pro-c spring to tilt slightly and rub the inner spring perch area.

I had no problems with my Progress bar. I removed it though. Traded it for my intake.

Heres my stance. My rear sleeves are modded to get the rear this low.
Front can and MAY go a little lower after the 14's are on. Depends on the stance the tires Im getting add.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:39 AM
So you modified the rear sleeves? Forgive me, it's a bit late, but which part are the sleeves? Is it the aluminum perch-type thing that goes below the spring?

I'm confused on the orientation of the rear spring as well. Instructions have it with the adjustment part on the bottom, but when I installed it that way, it rattles quite a bit when on jackstands. The way the OP has it, the spring perch sits fairly snug. Anybody want to clear this up?

Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
I had no problems with my Progress bar. I removed it though. Traded it for my intake.

Heres my stance. My rear sleeves are modded to get the rear this low.
Front can and MAY go a little lower after the 14's are on. Depends on the stance the tires Im getting add.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Retired Moderator
Skunk coils are BOMB!
Unfortunetly, i found a super deal on some T1Rs or else id be on Pro Cs. I hope the T1Rs do ok.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:04 AM
So I just ordered a set of these on monday and my only question is how much do you think I should drop it? I was thinking around 1.5 inces in the front and an inch or so in the back. Now I just want to make sure I got this right the front end should be a little bit lower than the back so that there is more weight on the front wheels which equals more grip right ?

Old 11-20-2008, 04:25 AM
Former Vendor
Glad you guys love the coilovers makes me sleep better at night knowing that we are taking care of you guys. If you guys need anything please let me know!

Old 11-22-2008, 01:37 PM
hey Tony could you cut me a deal on these shipped to 32225? I have a good offer already I just want to shop around one last time lol

Old 11-26-2008, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by meestersteph
So you modified the rear sleeves? Forgive me, it's a bit late, but which part are the sleeves? Is it the aluminum perch-type thing that goes below the spring?

I'm confused on the orientation of the rear spring as well. Instructions have it with the adjustment part on the bottom, but when I installed it that way, it rattles quite a bit when on jackstands. The way the OP has it, the spring perch sits fairly snug. Anybody want to clear this up?
Originally, my buddy and I installed the rear springs w/ the Skunk2 spring perches under the springs. With the rear perch on the bottom, it didn't seem as snug w/ only the base of the rear perch on the bottom. Did this cuz was following the rear spring assembly diagram in the Skunk2 instructions.

This is how mine looked yesterday. It actually rode ok...no noise:

Later that night, I checked how jsensk installed his Skunk2s. He had the rear spring perch ON THE BOTTOM!

Today, I changed mine to match jsenks'.
* Everything sits nice and flush.
* I used the stock upper spring cushion.

Did some freeway and city driving w/ setting @ "4". Just a little more "feel" from the road than stock.

So far...so good. Gonna fiddle w/ the settings this week and see how the various settings feel. Plus, gonna have an autocross event next month.

Last edited by raton; 11-26-2008 at 05:20 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:50 PM
So I just got my pro-c's installed today and wow they are great got about a 2 inch drop in the front and a 1.7 inch drop in the back. I took my car to Aerocosmetixx in SD and after a 5 hour install because I forgot to tell them they have to reuse some parts form the stock suspension (whoops) I can say with out a doubt that these things are great. On the lower settings there is barley a difference over stock, but crank it up higher and you can really tell the difference, it is almost completley flat through the corners. The only complaint I have is that I need and alignment now because when my steering wheel is straight my car pulls to the right pretty bad its not undrivable just annoying. But I know once I get that fixed the stup will be perfect. Great Job Skunk2!

Old 02-27-2009, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
so let me start out by saying, skunk2 makes awesome ****ing products PERIOD. BUT FOR 1600 retail (which i would NEVER pay) THEY MAKE SOME SHITTY ASS ****EN DIRECTIONS!! I payed 12 for mine and even at that price i expect to see at least 4 pages of instructions, AT LEAST telling you that you need to reuse pretty much THE ENTIRE TOP OF THE STOCK SHOCK (front) ASSEMBLY. Could of been done in 2 hours tops, but to the lack of actual direction of the instructions, it took me 2 days.

and for a better dump in the back, i just took off the bottom jam nut completely and maxed out both the spring and shock body. And im pretty sure the shop installed jsensk put the rear springs on wrong as well.

I would have to say that my shit is pretty bouncy at low and nornal street speeds in the front. Im not sure how the fronts are supposed to be pre loaded and how that will effect the bounciness. This is from 1-9 settings.

EDIT:

Last edited by jazn; 02-27-2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Pic
Old 02-27-2009, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Skunk's spring rates are too high. That is probably why you are experiencing the bounciness.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by radareclipse
Skunk's spring rates are too high. That is probably why you are experiencing the bounciness.
hmm thats unfortunate. I will mess around with the pre load soon, give you guys an update.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
They come with 8k front and 6k rear spring rates. You can order separately 6k's for the front. But for crummy road conditions, ideally somewhere around 5-5.5k frt and 4.5-5k for the rear would be great.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:10 AM
5 Year Member
I had the rear spring perches mounted on the bottom and top--they're currently on top now. Either way...they felt, performed, and sounded the same. Yeah, I found the rears sat kinda high and ended up spinning the rear spring perch all the way to the bottom of the perch (short of removing the jam nut) along w/ adjusting the dampers accordingly.

Also tried the dampening @ (3 front, 5 rear), (5,8), and (7,10). Currently @ (7,10)...I like this setting the best so far.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Evotech8

i have the progress rear sway and pro c coilovers. i dont have any rubbing whatsoever

Old 02-28-2009, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by raton
I had the rear spring perches mounted on the bottom and top--they're currently on top now. Either way...they felt, performed, and sounded the same. Yeah, I found the rears sat kinda high and ended up spinning the rear spring perch all the way to the bottom of the perch (short of removing the jam nut) along w/ adjusting the dampers accordingly.

Also tried the dampening @ (3 front, 5 rear), (5,8), and (7,10). Currently @ (7,10)...I like this setting the best so far.
crazy.. haha i put mine on 7,10 last night and i really liked it, freeway and street, with 2 hotties in the car.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:40 PM
I think the rates might be too high too. And I can't leave mine higher than 6 without avoiding all the shitty holes here in NJ. But anything below 6 and I don't feel like it handles very well. And bridge expansion joints suck.

I'd like to hear how anyone plays with the front preload.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
You can talk to the OP all you want with all the questions, but he doesn't live in NY or NJ. The roads suck and some areas you can't even think about taking your Fit thru. This winter was even harder than ever on the roads and they aren't going to being rushing to fix 'em. I went to Brooklyn today and it sucked for my Subaru Outback! The roads were so wavy with distorted pavement (looks like large rippling water/waves) that my Subie was complaining. Skunks build quality is absolutely gorgeous and top notch, but they should think about the real street application when they configure their spring rates.