Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Skunk2 Pro-C coilovers INSTALLED!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
i thought the same thing when we were installing mine. when the shock is compressed they fit just fine.

congrats on the skunk2's

Old 09-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Hello, are those HFPs gun metal? If they are were you able to install the TPMS sensor?

Old 09-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Well I'm won over I must say! these are with out a dout the best coilover set-up I have ever riden on, You can tell between settings 1-12 unlike others I have gone with in the past. The install wasnt that bad at all except for skunk2 not telling me that I needed to use my stock top hats and the other lil B/S in between the bottom side of the strut tower and the top side of the spring hat that comes with the pro c's but after doing some reseach on here, everything worked out just fine and I couldnt be happier, RIDES LIKE A CHAMP! and really low too I also had a problem with the driver strut, it got damaged in shipping, call Tony shagday up at skunk2 he hooked me up with brain in tech/sales all n all they both handled the problem and got me a new one shiped out next day aired these guys are the sh*t. Them guys are all about making the customer happy no matter what! I will stick with skunk2 forever if you are reading this and have the SKUNK2 PRO C COILOVER SET-UP pat yourself on the back for a job well done if not trash what you got on your car now and call Tony up at skunk2 and you will sleep better at night, Take my word for it!
here ya go for looks also the fit can go 1inch. lower in the front and hammered in the back
Name:  Dafit005.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  125.8 KB

Old 09-23-2008, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FuLLy FiTTeD
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EE!!!!

that's about where i sit at too. ride height is sex, but the offset on the stock sport wheels are gross LoL (i'm still on stock sport wheels too). congrats on your purchase!

Old 09-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
now THAT is low.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:06 PM
I just installed mine too. And had some trouble with installation because the instructions were horrible. And i didn't get the best support from Skunk2 when I called and emailed them.
But the ride is awesome. I'm riding on 7 or 8 out of 12 clicks and it's not harsh at all. Like when I had just the progress springs and bar in. Some other guy mentioned he thought this area was too stiff. Maybe compared to some cars but it's barely stiffer than stock. The lowest setting is definitely smooth.
I'm dropped like the guy above. Will try to get some pictures soon.
Highly recommended.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
DDDUUUUDDDDDDDEEEEEEE, How are you on 7 or 8 and in NJ?

Old 09-24-2008, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chaaree
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EE!!!! that's about where i sit at too. ride height is sex.
I'm a little higher than that. This past weekend I went to a show in Long Island and tire-rubbed 12 times between F&R on the way out there. Mostly nearby where the slabs of pavement were sunk a little. It was a little like a smooth wave going down the road.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
now THAT is low.
yupp thats pretty slammed. makes me wanna get some skunk2 coils now.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
dont complain about rubbing with stock wheels, wait til your wheels get wider and offset more aggressively, then the complaining will start.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Hey how did you guys get lower in the back? I'm the lowest on the strut and it's still a good 1.5" of wheel well. Does moving the spring perches do it? Anyone have the progress sway bar too?

Old 09-25-2008, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by uslspct
Hey how did you guys get lower in the back? I'm the lowest on the strut and it's still a good 1.5" of wheel well. Does moving the spring perches do it? Anyone have the progress sway bar too?
nah, they sit that high even on the lowest setting. some people have removed or cut the bump stops to lose another 1-1.5 inches.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:11 AM
I know what Ire want to get for my car now. I was going to buy a T1R intake first, but not anymore. Some people have installed and intake headers and exhaust and only gained between 2-8 HP which is good on a 100hp car, but these sound like much more fun!!

Last edited by El Chupacabura; 09-26-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:02 AM
so i got my skunks in, the fronts were a pain because the instructions were lacking. besides reusing the damper mounting cushion, you have to reuse the "damper mounting bearing" which involves partially disassembling the stock coilovers and removing the upper spring seat and then tapping out the damper mounting bearing. if anyone is planning on doing this install by themselves get your hands on the service manual just to see what this is all about. its not really mentioned in the instructions, the part that i think was supposed to be about it just says something like "install a steel washer".

anyway they ride great, at 3 it was a little bouncy at low speeds. im at 5 now and the bounce has improved, ill probably try a higher setting later. braking has improved as well according to the butt dyno, car doesnt dip like it used to with stock suspension which was really bugging me before.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Chaaree, Kenchan, 1coolride, Thanks for the props! I loves these things man, the fit rides so good now, Sh*ts all over stock I will never good back! And to the others that commented on my pic i hope that changed ur mind about spending ur money on junk coilover set-ups! heres a another pic for you guys.
Name:  Dafit003.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  116.8 KB

Old 09-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Please note: the date on my camera is wrong!^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 10-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by FuLLy FiTTeD
Chaaree, Kenchan, 1coolride, Thanks for the props! I loves these things man, the fit rides so good now, Sh*ts all over stock I will never good back! And to the others that commented on my pic i hope that changed ur mind about spending ur money on junk coilover set-ups! heres a another pic for you guys.
As that as low as it goes for front and rear?

Old 10-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Which way do you guys have your rear springs installed? The guy who started this thread had it installed by professionals and he has that silver mount on the top. But I've seen others with it on the bottom and that's the way they have it arranged in the picture with the instructions. Plus they say to reuse the top spring pad.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:17 AM
I was wondering how far down did you guys locate the shocks within the shock body. I know the instructions state to have them at the "hole" on the body. Also, how low were you all placing the springs or were the simply maxed out?Looking forward to installing mine but will probably wait till Spring with winter around the coner. Not ready to an underpowered snow plow quite yet

Old 10-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mynute 1
I was wondering how far down did you guys locate the shocks within the shock body. I know the instructions state to have them at the "hole" on the body. Also, how low were you all placing the springs or were the simply maxed out?Looking forward to installing mine but will probably wait till Spring with winter around the coner. Not ready to an underpowered snow plow quite yet
the fronts i started with them at the groove, there is a groove in the threads on the inside. since then i dropped them about an inch from that point. the rear shocks i have them the shortest they go, so screwed in all the way. and then you set the ride hieght with the rear springs i guess, make sure to adjust the rear springs so that they arent compressed when jacked up. same with the front springs. becareful though because im pretty sure you are just loosing travel in the rear by adjusting it through the springs. dont bottom out!

my car looks like its on just sport springs, it could easily go about 2-3 inches lower in the front and maybe 2 inches lower in the back.

oh yeah make sure you figure out which parts you have to reuse from the front damper like i said earlier. download or buy the service manual and check out the diagrams for the stock front coilovers. you have to reuse the big rubber mount thing, then you have to unscrew the coilover and take out the top spring perch, then tap out the little bearing/washer thing from the spring perch and reuse that part.

trust me, you dont wanna have to put everything together and then take it apart and put it together again. it was a pain in the butt .

Quick Reply: Skunk2 Pro-C coilovers INSTALLED!!