Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Skunk2 Pro-C coilovers INSTALLED!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:17 AM
Former Vendor
Hey Jeff,

Im glad to hear the great feedback you had and would love to keep an eye out on the long term effects of the suspension.

Another thing i just want to note to everyone also is the fact that weather you lower it another inch or 2 inchs the shock feel and travel will stay absolutely the same since the height of the coil over is adjusted using the forged shock body rather then lowering the springs by turning down the perches.

Hope to hear more updates from everyone else!

The Pro C coil overs will still be available for the Try before you buy program at the low price of $1249

Tony N - Skunk2 Racing

Old 03-03-2008, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
a little off topic...but how do you like the T1r VIp exhaust? im thinking of getting it, but wwant to know what it sounds like first. anything that you would sayits comparable too? much louder than stock?

it doesnt look to have much of a muffler...so it kinda concerns me.

Last edited by NIGHTHAWKSI; 03-03-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:54 AM
I have a thread on it in the Exhaust forum-- it should be right at the top. There's a sound clip available in a anothe thread close to the top in the same forum.

1. Love it.

2. Louder than stock but VERY tolerable (wife and kids didn't even notice it). Noisy exhaust was NOT an option for me.

3. PREMIUM sound quality. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Update

After several days of driving and covering a lot of different road conditions and situations, I am still 100% blown away by the Skunk2 Pro-Cs. I have settled on setting 5 for DD and 7-8 for spirited driving. I cranked them up to 11 and it was just too stiff for roads with any kind of bumps- and I felt every bit of the road on rough freeway sections, but damn did it handle! I'd say 9-12 are going to be your track settings.

Below 5 is great for DD as well. I actually have not gone below 3 yet. 3 was getting back closer to what I remember the stock ride was like, but less of that "slow bounce" over bumps or (smoother) RR tracks. Since getting used to a stiffer (nicer) ride, I don't want the suspension so soft anymore. I actually crave the firmest possible setting that still keeps a decent ride over a crappy road.

It's almost like the spring rates feel like they change with the valving-- I mean the valving side on these is really impressive in terms of how it really changes the ride so noticeably between clicks.

I carried some heavy loads too with of course less sag than stock due to the stiffer springs. Actually, with a real heavy load of groceries in the back, the ride was awesome. This leads me to believe maybe the overall ride would benefit even further by a little additional pre-load on the springs-- but I am not sure if that relationship is correct.

The whole character of my car has changed for the better and I am looking into doing some auto-X this month, as encouraged by FitFreak member MugenMojo who lives here in Houston and has been tearing it up lately.

If you are looking at coilovers, definitely consider the Skunk2 Pro-C.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Way to go! You really into the mods now Yes I do notice the more fun with the extra load because I drive with 3 cases of oil and 4-6 cases of vitamin water every 2 weeks. It's not as fast but the handling sure is fun. (sorry to the customers with shaken up vita water lol) btw Jsensk, I'm having a meet in Dallas on the 22nd. PM me for more details.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:52 PM
SBT
I have the same coilovers and I agree with everything Jsensk has said. I also think the ride is better with a little more weight in the back, and I noticed that the ride is quieter too.

I first thought my coilovers were making noise in the rear of the fit, but i think I've isolated the noise to the panel that covers the spare tire area - when I hit even a minor bump I heard rattling and creaking. I put a towel in between the panel and the floor along the edges and 90% of my noise is gone - once i have some more time I will work to eliminate it completely.

I have tried all the settings, including full stiff - which believe it or not was not that harsh. Mind you if you hit a nice bump at speed it will feel like you've been rabbit punched in your kidneys, but my wife and I are used to such tradeoffs from living for years with an S2000.

I have lately been riding at 4 in the rear and 3 in the front - primarily because half of the roads I travel are really bad and because we've had quite a bit of snow and ice and storms lately. The numbers will go up as the temperature does, no doubt.

My best indication of how nice these are: I drink beer. I buy by the case. For the past several months, when I would throw cases in the back the ride home sounded like a symphony of glass clanging together - and that was over smooth roads. Never had this problem in the S2000, a 2006 Civic Si, a 2006 GTI, or any other car I've ever had, so I couldn't understand what was wrong. Put the coilovers on, even high up on the stiffness scale and voila, no banging glass!

These are really nice!

Old 03-12-2008, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the reviews of these coilvers. i'd love to get my hands on them.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member

is after teh 1" drop? you still have a couple inches to come down? do you have any pics of these lowered all the way down? im wanting to get some of these but im affraid they wont be any lower than the ones i got now.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:29 PM
I don't quite understand your question. Are you asking if you can go lower than 1"? Most definitely-- you can go about 3" drop! I have no pics though (and probably will never want to go that low).

Old 03-29-2008, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
I think he's asking for you to slam it once and take a pic as he has some coilovers I assume.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueCell
I think he's asking for you to slam it once and take a pic as he has some coilovers I assume.
yeah go dump it as low as it goes and take a pic.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:34 PM
No thanks.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
DO EEET! how low do you think they can go?

Old 04-16-2008, 07:33 PM
Hey, sorry for the noob question, but whats the process in lowering your ride height with these coilovers...was it done at the time of installation, or is it something you could do by yourself?
Thanks

Old 04-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Former Vendor
You can lower the car with a jack and some jackstands. Its fairly easy since the ride height is adjusted by using the shock body of the vehicle.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:05 PM
I was hesitant bacause I was told by the alignment guys that if you raise or lower the car you (technically) need a new alignment. Is this true?

I'm sure a mild amount either way is not that big of a deal, and will depend on your driving situation.

My car feels so dialed in right now I did not want to mess with it.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jsensk
I was hesitant bacause I was told by the alignment guys that if you raise or lower the car you (technically) need a new alignment. Is this true?

I'm sure a mild amount either way is not that big of a deal, and will depend on your driving situation.

My car feels so dialed in right now I did not want to mess with it.
Actually you can lower your car to see how it looks and it wont mess up the alignment if you put it back. But however if you lower it and keep it lowered like lets say 2inches from original ride height, then yes, alignment should be needed. That way your car doesn't make / \ shape. I'd like to see how good your car looks slammed to the ground just for a picture. I wouldn't drive around like that though. But if you don't want to mess with it, then by all means, its your car

Old 04-17-2008, 07:01 PM
I think with my current wheels (HFP, +55 offset), slammed would not look right. You need the right wheel to pull off that look. I could be wrong though. Maybe I'll do it at the meet.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Former Vendor
As long as you mark where your suspension was set at you shouldnt have any problems with your alignment the only thing that changes is your camber settings when lowering or raising the vehicle.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
What changes do you need to do to change the ride height in the rear?

Quick Reply: Skunk2 Pro-C coilovers INSTALLED!!