Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Progress Sway Bar Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Progress Sway Bar Issues

I'm not sure if a lot of you have had this issue but we did on both our Fits. We installed the Progress rear sway bar. Everything was great until we noticed the hardware actually pushes into the spring. Not really a huge issue with OEM springs but it is pushing and putting stress on the spring. I have my Fit lowered and it was causing issues making the spring rub into the sides and making noises. We designed a Kit that fixes that issue if anyone has had the same issue.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hocker
I'm not sure if a lot of you have had this issue but we did on both our Fits. We installed the Progress rear sway bar. Everything was great until we noticed the hardware actually pushes into the spring. Not really a huge issue with OEM springs but it is pushing and putting stress on the spring. I have my Fit lowered and it was causing issues making the spring rub into the sides and making noises. We designed a Kit that fixes that issue if anyone has had the same issue.
i have the bar and progress springs......... no isue in the back.

In the front, the left side sounds very anoying, but I did not cut the piece it says inthe instructions nor put any rubber in the lower part to avoid noises.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Hmm well the progress rear sway bar had issues with my Mugen Springs due to the sway bar hardware. I noticed in your signature you don't list the rear sway bar, I wondered if you mistaked sway bar for strut bar. Either way I had an issue with my springs and the progress rear sway bar so we designed hardware to fix that. I also heard others say they had issues with other aftermarket springs with the progress rear sway bar.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
Wink

Originally Posted by Hocker
Hmm well the progress rear sway bar had issues with my Mugen Springs due to the sway bar hardware. I noticed in your signature you don't list the rear sway bar, I wondered if you mistaked sway bar for strut bar. Either way I had an issue with my springs and the progress rear sway bar so we designed hardware to fix that. I also heard others say they had issues with other aftermarket springs with the progress rear sway bar.
Updated signature.

I do have the Sway bar, and the only thing that worries me is that the rubber in the bottom of the rear springs may broke due to the bar bolts.

but waw the bar was the best mod for the money, I mean you can feel the difference just taking the car out of the driveway. And i auto-x the Fit and after the sway bar, the car rotates as it showld from the begining...I mean is awesome.

P\D: The track lap in the link was the warming lap with the stock Fit.... no nothing.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Hmm maybe its the design on the Mugen Spring, but either way I found an issue and a solution to that. I also didn't like how the hardware pushes into the rubber. The hardware we sell now fixes that issue as well.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
do uhave pix of ur updated hardware? doesn't it say u have to twist the spring until it doesn't catch the hardware?

Old 11-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
do uhave pix of ur updated hardware? doesn't it say u have to twist the spring until it doesn't catch the hardware?
We did the twist thing but it still had issues, like going over speed bumps or other things. Still it should do it at all.

Upgraded Hardware Kit for Progress Rear Sway Bar

Old 11-15-2007, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
nice solution... will the bolts be ok with the amount of pressure exerted on them from holding the sway bar in place?

btw how much would it be for the sway bar and the new bolts shipped to LA?

Old 11-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by gloryhound
nice solution... will the bolts be ok with the amount of pressure exerted on them from holding the sway bar in place?

btw how much would it be for the sway bar and the new bolts shipped to LA?
The quality of the bolt will hold up. We didn't just get a low grade bolt to solve the issue.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
I think I have the same noise problem...
The link no longer works...can you post again?

Old 09-07-2010, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
its just that the progress bar isnt made for aftermarket springs (other than the progress springs)

Old 09-07-2010, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
do a search online to find the hardware needed at your local hardware store.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
I just ordered a buch of hardware from McMaster Carr to try and solve this issue.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
you might have to grind the bolts, it worked for me when i had skunk2 springs. now im on coilovers, so it isnt an issue