Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

T1R suspension HELP-->

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
T1R suspension HELP-->

hi
i got a set of T1R coilovers from a fourm member
i didn't get any instructions on how to Adj. it
my question is .where are these adjustment at?
-camber --do i need the optional pillowball top mount to use this function ?

-36 way compression --this must be the knob ontop ?

-rebound -- where is this ? usally on the bottom, but i don't see it ?

also my fronts are kinda weird, the rubber bushing on top can move when i turn the steering wheel. but the bolt is tight, and you can see it's tight cuz you can see the bushing is kinda mushed down.
this is also causing it to creak..and makes weird noise

thanks for your help

Old 08-09-2008, 05:03 PM
I was wondering if you ever fixed the problem with your front coilover. I had mine installed a long time ago and they've been running fine until recently. Now whenever I go over anything that's not flat on the road and I hear a weird clunking noise. It makes the noise too when I press up and down on the front of the car. Never had this problem before and I tried everything. Had all the bolts re torqued, did an alignment, nothing I can think of to fix the clunking noise. It's just my front left that's making the noise, everything else is fine.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
check your endlink nut. if you're sure it's tight, undo one endlink and
drive down a predetermined road. it could be your endlink's joint itself.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:52 PM
thanks for responding, I actually just got back from putting the fit baby back together. Turns out that the clunking noise was actually one of my last few theories.

My whole coilover was solid, nothing was loose and I know the install was correct. The last time I had taken the suspension out I saw that the factory rubber bump stop was damaged on the inside rim that sits around the nut of the coilover. I didn't think to much of it until I realized that the inside of the rubber bump stop is metal, thus the clunking noise. I ended up putting some rubber rings between the nut and the rubber bump stop and i finally have silence , hope this helps anyone that comes along with this problem. Took me a couple days and a lot of pondering to figure out where the sound was coming from.

Btw I believe the rubber bump stop was damaged when I drove over a really bad pothole I didn't see coming. It bent my rim and effed up my tire a bit too.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:56 PM
now I just need to figure out where I can get new rubber bump stops.....

Old 08-09-2008, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cowflex
thanks for responding, I actually just got back from putting the fit baby back together. Turns out that the clunking noise was actually one of my last few theories.

My whole coilover was solid, nothing was loose and I know the install was correct. The last time I had taken the suspension out I saw that the factory rubber bump stop was damaged on the inside rim that sits around the nut of the coilover. I didn't think to much of it until I realized that the inside of the rubber bump stop is metal, thus the clunking noise. I ended up putting some rubber rings between the nut and the rubber bump stop and i finally have silence , hope this helps anyone that comes along with this problem. Took me a couple days and a lot of pondering to figure out where the sound was coming from.

Btw I believe the rubber bump stop was damaged when I drove over a really bad pothole I didn't see coming. It bent my rim and effed up my tire a bit too.
wat? the T1R's use factory bumpstops? or are you
referring to the rubber top mount, lower half?

Old 08-10-2008, 01:30 AM
err sorry yeah I think I am referring to the rubber top mount, lower half. I'm running on skunk pro-c's though

Old 08-10-2008, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member
yah, im sure your dealer can get those no prob.