Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Mugen 5 Way Adjustable Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by mnapuran
Doh.. right you are

So what's the "huge" difference?

The differance is comparing a hyundai accent to an acura nsx.

or

Save-a-lot groceries to Publix for people here in the south. Quality is a HUGE differance.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hocker
The differance is comparing a hyundai accent to an acura nsx.

or

Save-a-lot groceries to Publix for people here in the south. Quality is a HUGE differance.

ha ha publix is awesome! i wish we had em here in nc. we've got harris teeter.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Thumbs up

That Mugen kit sounds like the proper setup to me.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
Any pictures of how it looks now that it has settled? I'm waiting to get a set for myself.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:55 PM
I've posted pictures of my car with the springs. Let me know when you want one we can get mugen.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:18 PM
I've posted pictures of my car with the springs. Let me know when you want one we can get mugen.
I'm awaiting your PM still, asked about shipping and what not over a week ago

Old 02-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Canadian_R32
I'm awaiting your PM still, asked about shipping and what not over a week ago
Sorry about that. I had thought it was cleared up earlier when you were talking about my used suspension (since its the same weight). Let me get you exact numbers via PM

Old 03-13-2008, 01:26 AM
just got this suspension installed yesterday and I love it... aside from the same initial problems DynamicFit was having with the creaking in the back... I haven't changed anything as of yet (ie. grease bushings or remove plastic cover from spring)... maybe I'll give it a day or two.. even at "1" setting it's a very comfortable ride and a billion times better handling

Old 03-13-2008, 08:32 AM
just got this suspension installed yesterday and I love it... aside from the same initial problems DynamicFit was having with the creaking in the back... I haven't changed anything as of yet (ie. grease bushings or remove plastic cover from spring)... maybe I'll give it a day or two.. even at "1" setting it's a very comfortable ride and a billion times better handling
When I had the mugen 5ways I had creaking because of 2 things

1. progress sway bar hardware was HUGE causing the spring to be pushed.

2. How the spring was located when installed in the rear. You have to rotate it sometimes

Old 03-13-2008, 01:15 PM
When I had the mugen 5ways I had creaking because of 2 things

1. progress sway bar hardware was HUGE causing the spring to be pushed.

2. How the spring was located when installed in the rear. You have to rotate it sometimes
so not matter what you did there would always be the creaking? by adjusting the spring did it help much?

Old 03-13-2008, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
In the rear spring perch there's a little area where the end of the spring should sit. If you were to install the spring without properly seating it in that little area the spring is bound to move around until it settled into the spot. Some people do have problems with the hardware that came with the progress sway bar but that's easily fixable but buying the fix kit from panducky.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Amageus
In the rear spring perch there's a little area where the end of the spring should sit. If you were to install the spring without properly seating it in that little area the spring is bound to move around until it settled into the spot. Some people do have problems with the hardware that came with the progress sway bar but that's easily fixable but buying the fix kit from panducky.

Said exactly. If your running a progress bar more than likely your hardware is causing issues. If your not running the sway bar double check how you have the spring sitting in the rear. We had to rotate the spring on my setup and it worked fine w/o noises.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DynamicFit
After 5 weeks of waiting my brand new Mugen 5 way adjustable suspension has finally arrived. One of the things that really worried me before was the maker of the shock, since the maker of the Mugen Sport Suspension was KYB. As soon as I opened the package I found that SHOWA made the shocks for this suspension setup. Can't wait to install them tomorrow, I will also have pics of the suspension and pics of the drop on my car if anyone is interested.
I have the non adjustable sport suspension and the shocks are also made by showa. got them a few months from King. Maybe they changed them recently. rides fantastic. haven't noticed any excessive bounce. nice and tight. also added the progress bar today.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
I have the non adjustable sport suspension and the shocks are also made by showa. got them a few months from King. Maybe they changed them recently. rides fantastic. haven't noticed any excessive bounce. nice and tight. also added the progress bar today.

nice! i was looking at the non-adjustables as well! hows the drop? do you have the creaking noise? is it much firmer than stock?

Old 04-07-2008, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
nice! i was looking at the non-adjustables as well! hows the drop? do you have the creaking noise? is it much firmer than stock?
dropped about an inch lower. not slammed. my front end would be a snow plow in the winter. just right for me. i do have the creaking issue. maybe down the road i will order the bolts from panducky. i did tell joey from progress about it. maybe they will fix it. The ride is very nice. much firmer than stock.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Usually the non adjustable suspension of the same type is preset to a middle of the road setting. I would assume the Mugen 5 way is using the same hardware as the Mugen Sport Suspension? Except it is preset to maybe 2 front 3 rear?

Old 04-19-2008, 11:26 AM
ok, so I have absolutely no noise whatsoever now and it's running wicked.. I still need to post some pics when I get a chance. I've ordered the Progress RSB, and Hocker you mentioned you had the RSB as well but the hardware that Progress provided caused rubbing and noises? is this hardware kit absolutely necessary? any pics of the sway bar installed with your mugen setup?

Old 04-24-2008, 03:00 PM
ok, so I have absolutely no noise whatsoever now and it's running wicked.. I still need to post some pics when I get a chance. I've ordered the Progress RSB, and Hocker you mentioned you had the RSB as well but the hardware that Progress provided caused rubbing and noises? is this hardware kit absolutely necessary? any pics of the sway bar installed with your mugen setup?

The hardware that progress sends is way to huge and bulky. Maybe they have changed but I am unsure. I know we made a replacement kit that is very slim and does the trick. The progress hardware was very tall and caused pressure on the spring which pushed it into some areas that was causing rubbing and such.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:26 AM
The hardware that progress sends is way to huge and bulky. Maybe they have changed but I am unsure. I know we made a replacement kit that is very slim and does the trick. The progress hardware was very tall and caused pressure on the spring which pushed it into some areas that was causing rubbing and such.
the kit you guys provide I heard was NOT stainless steel... could you please confirm... we get waaaaaaaay too much salt up here in the winter time to be messing around and stuff

Old 04-25-2008, 12:55 PM
the kit you guys provide I heard was NOT stainless steel... could you please confirm... we get waaaaaaaay too much salt up here in the winter time to be messing around and stuff
That is incorrect. We do sell a stainless ver. It is an upgradable option. At first we did not because we had demand. As demand grew we decided to get the same kit in stainless.

Quick Reply: Mugen 5 Way Adjustable Suspension