Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

C-pillar Bar Plastic Seatbelt Cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
i agree kev,i just want to cover it ,james did a good job on his,

Last edited by boyetssilverfit; 06-08-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
thanks on your idea james,here we go,

Old 06-08-2007, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member

Old 06-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Much better, but Im also with some others on the idea that the bar does little to the car. I d like to hear from some folks who actually track their cars and can say if there is any noticeable difference when using it or not. Looks cool but seems like Bling.

Patj

Old 06-08-2007, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
i was about to buy a TANABE FRONT & REAR STRUT BAR,but after i install the Progress rear anti sway bar and my Vertex c-pillar bar it completely satisfied me,i dont race my car so i dont think i need it,if you race your car then its your call what suspension mods you wanted to install,just my $0.02 cents.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:15 AM
I was thinking of buying strut bars, I'm new to this it's my first car, but

how much do I need to cut for the install of a front, rear, and a c-pillar

bar. If it's possible could someone show me a link showing the install?

Old 06-09-2007, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
theres no cutting involved in the installation of a front,rear,and a c-pillar bar,its all bolt on,the only cutting youre gonna do is the plastic cover if you decided to put it back,however the front strut bar does not have a plastic cover that you need to put back,only the rear strut bar and the c-pillar bar.Since this is your first time to modify the suspension i suggest you start with the PROGRESS REAR ANTI SWAY BAR,they have DIY on this bar and also a good review,this bar is highly recommended by the members here who actually have it and install it on their FIT,if you install this bar and it satisfies you then you make a decission if you still need a c-pillar bar,front & rear strut bar and other suspension mods,to each his own level of satisfaction,good luck on finding this PROGRESS REAR ANTI SWAY BAY BAR because i think its already sold out this month,though i'm not sure about the availability of this bar you can call TONY at 301-729-3000 or check it out on their website at New Edge Performance

Old 06-09-2007, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ewdysar
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend. I didn't realize that you felt so strongly about your bar. Please accept my apologies.

Like I said before, I'm willing to be convinced, but the answer has to make sense. I know that there's plenty that I don't know, but I rarely take promototional text or urban legend as gospel. I'm just here to learn more about my car.

Eric
I am wondering the same thing after doing body and frame repairs 15-20 years ago on monocoque cars with IRS. As we have a solid rear axel, what is actually gained here for the rear stability, especially at the roofline.

The Fit is one of the tightest cars I have owned, even compared to heavy Mercs, Volvos and the like going back 40 years.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:11 PM
I've thought more about it, and I have come to the conclusion that the c-pillar bar is functional. It looks like it makes a great clothes rack.

Before anyone thinks that I'm picking on them, I'm just trying to get beyond the hype and figure out what is functional.

Eric

Old 06-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ewdysar
I've thought more about it, and I have come to the conclusion that the c-pillar bar is functional. It looks like it makes a great clothes rack.

Before anyone thinks that I'm picking on them, I'm just trying to get beyond the hype and figure out what is functional.

Eric
ew,

This is not intended as an insult to boyet or anyone else who has bought any of these bars. But I completely agree with your posted opinions. I was the first to buy the Progress rear sway bar, and did so because it made engineering sense but was still a gamble. In that case I won.

I also bought a mid-priced front strut bar because it seemed to be "the thing to do", even though it did not make engineering sense. It was cheap, so I gambled again. In this case I lost- hardware was poor, and to me, the function was imperceptible. I even took it off for a test drive, and found no difference (this while the Progress bar was in place). In another post, I described the C-pillar bar as a good coat rack also. I also would love to have my opinion proved wrong with facts, not impressions.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
no problem Dave,theres nothing to gain in forum conflict,it dont bother me at all whatever i read on the forum,

Old 10-27-2007, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
Has anyone done a better job cutting the piece that needs to be cut by chance? Not to say the ones already cut aren't great, just looking for something a little cleaner.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:30 PM
lol at the people getting suckered into any strut bar what so ever...

these cars aren't 3rd gen camero's that actually NEED support....you're just adding weight, wasting money, and making you car look even more rediculous

Old 10-27-2007, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GSRswapandslow
lol at the people getting suckered into any strut bar what so ever...

these cars aren't 3rd gen camero's that actually NEED support....you're just adding weight, wasting money, and making you car look even more rediculous
*yawn

Old 10-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Those seatbelt covers are ugly. I cut my plastic covers to make it fit, I'll try and post a pic later.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
wow those are cut weird... here's pics of mine

Old 10-27-2007, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smatts
Those seatbelt covers are ugly. I cut my plastic covers to make it fit, I'll try and post a pic later.
That would be great thanks. Just ordered some goodies from AJR and trying to prepare the vehicle ahead of time to make things easier on myself.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:48 PM
J's Racing is one of the most repuatable brands in Japan, I doubt they make a non-functional part, and the A&J Racing track Fit runs it, so i doubt they would run a non-functional part too.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
My Design

Old 11-11-2007, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
That's pretty good actually! Come summer I'll have to borrow that idea.

Quick Reply: C-pillar Bar Plastic Seatbelt Cover