Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

K-Sport coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
K-Sport coilovers

Just wanted to mention to everyone that K-sport offers coilovers for the USDM Fit also. I've seen a few posts around here that members are waiting for other companies to release coilovers for the car as the offerings are slim right now.

36 way dampening but no camber adjustment. They are made by the same factory that produces the D2 coilovers and I've heard good things about them from the MazdaSpeed Protege guys.

Ksport USA - Performance Suspension - Contact Us

Just wanted to pass on that there is another option.

Mark

Last edited by Mark94; 04-11-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
I couldnt find it, but theres a thread about the D2's and based on the D2's a good friend has for his 91 CRX, i would never buy D2 or Ksport ever. They are in fact not 32 way adjustible but 2 way, Hard and Soft, there is no in between, and even on the full hard setting, they do not react quick enough.

My friend had them dyno'ed, and the results were crap. And if the the design is anything similar to the Omni Powers, that sheer off at the fork, i wouldnt buy them either.

My Personal Opinion is that there is no Full body coilover suspension setup for any car under about $1500. If not id go with a regular steel bodyed strut and spring combo.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:06 PM
i've always gotten complaints on Ksport coilovers from customers who are replacing theirs with better. If you are going to buy coilovers and spend your hard earned dollars you should do it right the first time and buy a quality brand.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
I've never owned a set of K-Sports, some of the MSP guys have them and I haven't heard any complaints yet.

I personally have the TEIN SS suspension on my MSP and couldn't be happier.

Clint, do you offer anything for the USDM Fit that is affordable for the average guy on a budget?

Mark

Old 04-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Mark you have PM.

I could send you numerous links on problems with ksport. everything from customer service to coilovers blowing out in 2 months.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
I actualy was ****ing with the D2's my friend has this weekend, between both rears and both front shocks, they are not valved the same, you can compress both struts, then let go and one will extend faster than the other, both the fronts and rears do it. IMO that is complete trash, if you put thoes on a car it will not behave normaly if one side is stiffer than the other.

Function Form i think is taking the D2/Ksport setups and rebuilding them so they actualy are good. So that might be a option to look out for. I dont rember if its Function Form at this moment, but they look exactly the same as the D2/Ksport just a different color.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
I had D2's on my GSR before I sold it and never really had a problem with them. A few of my friends have them too and no probs. I know you said K-Sport has crappy customer support, but D2 has some of the best customer support I've personally dealt with. One of my shocks came in blown and it was replaced within days. As far as there not being a good coilover under $1500, I'd have to say that the Tein SS is a great buy. I had those on my 240 and they were great.
Not sure what's available yet for the Fit, but I plan on buying on very soon and would love to see what's out there.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Some of the coilovers available for the Fit is as follows:

Buddy Club N+ - 15 way adjustable, good overall, inexpensive, True JDM quality
Racing Logic - new brand, uses swift springs, 34 way adjustable for just over 1000 dollars U.S., very nice from what i've seen
KSPort - you already know my thoughts on these.
Skunk2 Sleeve Type Coilovers - good inexpensive alternative, soon will have shocks available if they don't already
Arogosta - makes coilovers for top secret, awesome brand, comparable to Moton
Spoon - name says it all
T1R - 16 way adjustable, about to start using swift springs on new models
Tein - height adjustable only

I'm sure theres more but thats all i can think of right now. With all of the JDM brands you should check compatability with the manufacturer for the USDM Fits. JDM and EDM are different than our models here in the US for the most part.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by Clint@Springrates
Some of the coilovers available for the Fit is as follows:

Buddy Club N+ - 15 way adjustable, good overall, inexpensive, True JDM quality
Racing Logic - new brand, uses swift springs, 34 way adjustable for just over 1000 dollars U.S., very nice from what i've seen
KSPort - you already know my thoughts on these.
Skunk2 Sleeve Type Coilovers - good inexpensive alternative, soon will have shocks available if they don't already
Arogosta - makes coilovers for top secret, awesome brand, comparable to Moton
Spoon - name says it all
T1R - 16 way adjustable, about to start using swift springs on new models
Tein - height adjustable only

I'm sure theres more but thats all i can think of right now. With all of the JDM brands you should check compatability with the manufacturer for the USDM Fits. JDM and EDM are different than our models here in the US for the most part.
about the JDM coilovers (spoon and i think buddy clubs) they wont fit the USDM Fits.....i believe it was "dacalac" stated the JDM fits are a 19mm bolts up top to bolt into the chassis and the us fits are 17mm.

T1R seems to be good quality and build. plus they will fit no questions about it in any matter the car has only been out for a year. im sure within the next year a LOT more companies will be making parts.